shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG... they did it !!! they bought a golden retriever puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
A
DOR
A
BLE

That''s all I have to say!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 9:58:27 PM
Author: Dancing Fire: wife paid cash the dog. the breeder said.. they''re waiting for the papers to come back from AKC?? is that like AGS/GIA for dogs?
34.gif
or EGL Israel?
HI:

Use the paper for training--they bought with their eyes!!
2.gif
30.gif
SSoooooo gorgeous!! Congrats!!
1.gif
36.gif
(and of course, a good vet is requsite)

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SDL.... already got a kennel.

Diamondfan....i have two daughters, ages 19 1/2 and 18. i''m always been afraid of dogs.

Mrs. Pricescope....the deal was...if they buy it,they take care of it, same as it was when we bought a parrot and guess who is taking care of the parrot now?
39.gif

let see
20.gif
we have a 13,500 gal koi pond in the backyard
30.gif
a 180 gal fish tank,a Amazon parrot and a dog. what''s next?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
No, I paid $1200 for my AKC golden retriever puppy . . . but then I''m in San Diego, where everything is more expensive. I think $650 is a decent price.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, very cute puppy

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Wait until it chews up your favorite pair of shoes...completely inevitable!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, we have a bird too. A cockatiel, my son begged and begged me to buy her. Guess who is taking care of her now???? She''s a love bug, and we adore her. She is 8 years old now. But I do hear ya on the part where the kids say, hey I''ll take care of this pet. Time for your daughter''s to take Jade out tonight and watch over her so you can get your beauty sleep, LOL
24.gif
3.gif

Finding a great vet for Jade is key. I''d get on that asap.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
portoar....$1200 bucks for a pooch?
23.gif

Kaleigh....my daughter been taking her out to the front yard every 15 mins when she''s awake, but the dog sleeps most of the time.

tawn....thanks for telling me. you
11.gif

now ladies picture this...when my daughters goes back to school and my wife is at work and i''m home alone with the puppy and she has an accident inside the house
23.gif
soo...one of these day if i come on here crying
39.gif
please have some mercy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s bound to have an accident now and then. Don''t scold her. When she does her business outside give her lots of praise. We''ll be here for you DF, every step of the way.
1.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 8:28:58 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Jade
35.gif

are you potty train yet?
9.gif

Lol!

I am, but now with the pregnancy... ohhh wait, people don''t actually want to hear about the gross bits
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My American BF - methinks you are trying to garner sympathy for having a sleepless night, but you don''t care really as little Jade is already your new GF! She is so adorable, and just think - when she is keeping you up at night you can come and talk to me on PS!

Seriously congrats - enjoy these puppy days as they grow so fast!
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
DancingFire!! Congrats on the new addition to the family! (
27.gif
I''m just teasing you). She''s a beautiful dog, truly. In any case, you did agree to this dog didn''t you
11.gif
. Dogs are a big adjustement in the beginning but it will settle in. At least they didn''t buy a cat that would constantly watch your koi...now that would be something to see. And despite your complaints...I KNOW you love that little baby. You remind me of my old math teacher. He told us about how this white cat showed up at his front door, and (he HATES ALL ANIMALS) and so he started feeding it because it looked hungrey...but he really wanted it to go away..and then it was in his house because it was cold outside...but he really wanted it to go away. And at the end it was sleeping on his bed everynight(but he still wants her to go away). He named her Snowball and she''s spoiled rotten. That will happen to your dog too.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
DF, Jade is GORGEOUS. It won''t be long before you''re totally smitten with her. Just wait and see. Gosh, she''s adorable, but we need more pics.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
DF.. ummm... LOL... congrats on the puppy... Good Luck!!

BUT... What kind of Amazon do you have? We have an Amazon Blue front. Monty Montgomery. We had him from when he was still eating monkey mix and we had to hand feed him. He is a trip...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, hey I just thought of a new use for your giant ultrasonic cleaner! Does Jade need a *bath*?!?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet little pup! She has big feet, DF... that means she might end up being a big girl later! Goldens are wonderful, my family has owned four of them and currently we have two. She''ll grow on you once she''s more house trained.
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
AAWWW precious. Don''t ask them to choose between the two of you DF, you may just end up in the doghouse.
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 7:34:28 PM
did my wife get rip off ?
20.gif
i think she paid $650 for the pooch. she said something like ''AKA certified
20.gif
33.gif
'' and the seller will send her the paper later
20.gif
is that common ? isn''t the seller surpose to have the cert now? i think she bought a MUTT (a CZ) but paid diamond price for it.
Sounds about right. And, I''m sure you didn''t use an IO to pay for the pup.
2.gif
And, this pup will weasle it''s way into your heart & never will the pups value bubble burst.
2.gif

Their little bladders grow quickly. How old is the pup? With each week you should see an increase in pee control. Now, every time you feed or water the pup take it out immediately following. Build on that success.

It''s sure is a cutie - pic is priceless! Remember - the only good puppy is a sleeping puppy!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Mom and us three kids begged for a cocker spaniel. Dad was never interested but he allowed us to get her. Cocker''s are notorious for ''piddling'' when they''re excited to see you - thank goodness the front door entrance was tile. He never made any effort to ''get to know her'' one way or another.

One night my Mom whispered to me to follow her downstairs - so we tiptoed just outside the family room. There on the floor watching TV was my Dad and the new cocker - alone. He was massaging her ears muttering something like ''zchou zchsuch a pritty girl, yes you are, yes you are! look at choo gud gurl - zchous zjust a wittle baby''

it was all an act - he was in love, too
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 6:23:52 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 6/21/2006 4:59:19 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
... and you don''t have to put them through school.

$2,500 worth of obedience training for the Demon Dog... that''s all I have to say!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That''s just too funny.

Good luck with the new "baby", DF. Buck up, friend......they shape up quite nicely in about 6 months'' time. If you''ve survived children already, this is a cake-walk.
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness that is a furry bundle if irresistable cuteness!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine.....our''s is also a Amazon blue front.

DJ....i don''t think my US is big enough.
20.gif

equest....how big will she get?.
27.gif

F&I....i think the mutt is 7 weeks old.

Alj....6 months?
6.gif
i hope not
38.gif
you would love to see me suffer for 6 months,don''t you ?
27.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

More pics! We must see more!
30.gif
30.gif

That is one very sweet dog in the making.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that''s the cutest puppy ever. How can you not fall in love with her, DF? You can drop her off at my house. hehehe

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DF, you are going to have a loooong love-hate relationship with his little girl. Be prepared! haha! Trust me, it does get better. The first 2 months are hard! It was the same when I got my dog. No regular sleep for the entire first month. Always cleaning up accidents.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF just count your blessings you got lucky with only $650 for the pup....our white rat was a little more than that, but even WE got lucky...because sometimes pups can go for up to $2k-$3k depending on the breed.
6.gif
We got a country dog so she was cheaper, hee hee but in the BayArea people were quoting us $1500-2000 for a westie pup. And they couldn't be any better or more sweet tempered than our darling, she's AKC also but we never filed the papers (oops!) because I couldn't settle on a name and then when we finally did I was over it.

Gotta love those small bladders.
11.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Awww, she''s SO cute!!! My parents have a 5 month old black lab puppy who is absolutely adorable. He''s a lot of work now, but it will all be well worth it in the long run. There''s nothing better than a dog!!!! Congrats!!! Seriously, how can you not love that face and those paws!!!! I think having a dog is one of life''s greatest pleasures!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally....thanks a lot
27.gif
nooo
38.gif
i didn't agree to buy the pooch.

moon river....you still alive?
9.gif
where you been?

qtiekiki....drop her off at your house? where do you live?
31.gif

CB....2 months
23.gif
don't think i can survive at long.

SDL....puppy breath!!! ? i don't get that close to the dog.

Mara....they bought the dog somewhere out in the country too. a little town call Pioneer
20.gif
near Jackson,Ca.

btw; do breeders offer a 30 day return for dogs?
31.gif
like diamonds. do i need to take the pooch to a independant appraiser?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 6:33:44 PM

20.gif

27.gif

Alj....6 months?
6.gif
i hope not
38.gif
27.gif
DSC00279.jpg

Well, this is a picture of Hunter, our Golden that joined the family last year when we put our old guy down. This is an older pic - Hunter is currently two years old and weighs approximately 100 pounds. His head is about hip height on me and I''m 5''3", plus he''s got feet as big as a pony''s. Sure sounds like a pony when he charges around at play! Even at this size, he still thinks he should be a lap dog, and don''t you dare get caught lying on the floor or you''ll have a huge Golden pinning you for a slobberfest!
3.gif
He still howls loud enough to make you jump out of your skin sometimes, but has mellowed and become a part of the family nicely.

If your family saw the mother or father dog when they picked up Jade, the size of either of them is usually a fair indication of how big the baby girl will get.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 11:08:22 PM
Author: equestrienne

Date: 6/22/2006 6:33:44 PM

20.gif

27.gif

Alj....6 months?
6.gif
i hope not
38.gif
27.gif
DSC00279.jpg

Well, this is a picture of Hunter, our Golden that joined the family last year when we put our old guy down. This is an older pic - Hunter is currently two years old and weighs approximately 100 pounds. His head is about hip height on me and I''m 5''3'', plus he''s got feet as big as a pony''s. Sure sounds like a pony when he charges around at play! Even at this size, he still thinks he should be a lap dog, and don''t you dare get caught lying on the floor or you''ll have a huge Golden pinning you for a slobberfest!
3.gif
He still howls loud enough to make you jump out of your skin sometimes, but has mellowed and become a part of the family nicely.

If your family saw the mother or father dog when they picked up Jade, the size of either of them is usually a fair indication of how big the baby girl will get.
2.gif
OMG DF, You better get a cover for your Koi pond quick!!! You''ll need to train her to stay away from it. Invisible fencing might be a good idea?? We have it and it''s great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results