shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG... they did it !!! they bought a golden retriever puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they meaning my wife and daughter. had to take a piss every 2.5 hr last night (not me. the dog) i''m just piss off!!! is that normal? how can i get any sleep
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha your life as you know it is over!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWwww DF, poor thing not being able to get any sleep!
9.gif
It''s totally normal for a puppy to have to go outside every couple hours...they''re like babies! I have a suggestion: earplugs!
35.gif
BTW, we will need to see pics of your new puppy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, I bet the expression on your face was priceless when they came home with that puppy.
31.gif
Let see some pics!!!
36.gif
What's the puppy's name??

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehehe DF...yet another member of the family to exert its will on you!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Df, it is like having a newborn when they are young. soon the pup will have bladder control and be able to be in the kennel overnight for longer and longer stretches of time...so just be patient and it will soon pass! Boy or girl? Name?!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww DF. they are like babies in the beginning but the good news is they start sleeping through the night waaaaaaaaay sooner.
2.gif
please, please post some pictures of the darling puppy
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, look at it this way, if they puppy is going outside to pee that means it will be housebroken sooner. Better getting up every few hours for a little while than having puppy pee all over the house for weeks or months to come!

So now where are those pictures?!?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least you don''t have to buy pets clothes or jewelry and you don''t have to put them through school.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Aw DF! I don''t know what to say. Give it time - you''ll fall in love.

Scintillating...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 4:59:19 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
... and you don''t have to put them through school.

$2,500 worth of obedience training for the Demon Dog... that''s all I have to say!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara....i can see you now. ROTFL your AO.
9.gif

M64,....thanks for the good news.
7.gif

Kaleigh....no surprise. i knew they was going to buy it.
39.gif
the puppy''s name is Jade.

FG...i prefer my japanese koi fish.
36.gif

Diamondfan....its a female. bladder control? hope i can control mine
9.gif

Mrs. S....if she don''t sleep through night soon, i might need to move into a hotel and get some
24.gif

D.J....as soon as she got home...she pee in the house two times within 10 mins.
29.gif

M.B....i told my wife to order a custom made pendant using ACA melees.
31.gif

SDL...puppy pads? what''s that?
34.gif
is that like what women use every month?
33.gif

Scint....fall in love ? i don''t know about that
20.gif
i already told a friend,if they don''t take of her,i''ll give him the pooch.

jade1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how can you resist that face and those big paws!!!!
31.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
ROFLMAO!!!!! at the thought of you dealing with this. You must be popping one-liners off every 10 seconds. I would love to be a fly on the wall to listen in. However, that baby is so precious. Thank you for sharing the pics.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, Jade is adorable. Thanks for the pics!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha DF she is TOO CUTE but yes I am totally LMAO at the thought of your consternation at having this small puppy worm its way into your life! keep us posted..mwahaha!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did my wife get rip off ?
20.gif
i think she paid $650 for the pooch. she said something like "AKA certified
20.gif
33.gif
" and the seller will send her the paper later
20.gif
is that common ? isn''t the seller surpose to have the cert now? i think she bought a MUTT (a CZ) but paid diamond price for it.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Awww, she's precious. And somehow the thought of you dealing with a puppy is kinda funny.
11.gif

I have an older puppy right now - 16 weeks? Something like that. It does get better. He still has some potty issues (and the downpours today didn't help), but they eventually do get housebroken. And I hear that big dogs are easier to housebreak than little ones like mine. Our pup's breeder sent us the AKC papers after the check cleared -- perhaps yours is doing the same?

ETA: Puppy pads, like SDL was suggesting.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 7:34:28 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
did my wife get rip off ?
20.gif
i think she paid $650 for the pooch. she said something like ''AKA certified
20.gif
33.gif
'' and the seller will send her the paper later
20.gif
is that common ? isn''t the seller surpose to have the cert now? i think she bought a MUTT (a CZ) but paid diamond price for it.
That would be AKC papers as in American Kennel Club. The breeder has to send them to AKC and then sends you Jade''s papers. Oh DF this IS giving me the giggles.
9.gif
You and that dog are gonna be fast friends. I know it. Heheheheehehehe
31.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Did someone call me?

*heheeh*

OOHH Jade is adorable!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That puppy is just absolutely precious Dancing Fire and you know very well you already adore her! Who wouldn''t???

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 8:01:50 PM
Author: jadeleaves
Did someone call me?

*heheeh*

OOHH Jade is adorable!!
30.gif
Jade
35.gif

are you potty train yet?
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
what a cutie! (Jade, not you, DF... ) you''ll love her, I''m sure! I bet in a few weeks you will be the one taking her out for walks all the time....
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 2:53:04 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
had to take a piss every 2.5 hr last night (not me. the dog) i''m just piss off!!! is that normal? how can i get any sleep
29.gif
HI:

ROTFLMAO. Sorry, but is this somehow....errrr "poetic justice"? hheehheeeehhheee
2.gif
9.gif
P.S. "your" dog is just sooo cute.....
emdog.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
ROFLMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOHHH!!! That baby is SO ADORABLE! How can you resist her, DF?! Her sweet face and soft fuzzy fur?!

I am trying hard to talk my DH into our getting a new kitten. He has terrible allergies, and the poor boy says yes to everything I want, except this!!! WAH WAH! He is really standing firm. I hope I am not losing my feminine wiles!
31.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Anyway, cheer up DF! She''s a beautiful baby and you will be crazy about her in NO TIME! I promise!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I am surprised you did not insist on a male dog...are you outnumbered? (wife and daughter, but any other kids in the house?) I have three sons and insisted the next live thing in MY home would be female...needed to balance the energy here. She is awesome and we all love her. Jade will become your girl soon, trust me on this...you are a big softy inside I bet! Two words of advice...puppy class and crate train her. You will not regret it. And, the price paid for her, not bad...I know breeds that go for a couple thousand and if she is predigreed you did not overpay...I would also look into microchipping her and if you live where Lyme is an issue, get her vaccinated when she reaches the right age...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 7:41:01 PM
Author: Blenheim
Awww, she''s precious. And somehow the thought of you dealing with a puppy is kinda funny.
11.gif

I have an older puppy right now - 16 weeks? Something like that. It does get better. He still has some potty issues (and the downpours today didn''t help), but they eventually do get housebroken. And I hear that big dogs are easier to housebreak than little ones like mine. Our pup''s breeder sent us the AKC papers after the check cleared -- perhaps yours is doing the same?

ETA: Puppy pads, like SDL was suggesting.
2.gif
wife paid cash the dog. the breeder said.. they''re waiting for the papers to come back from AKC?? is that like AGS/GIA for dogs?
34.gif
or EGL Israel?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Definitely AGS/GIA.
2.gif
I actually got the papers in the mail today. There are black sections for the litter owner to fill out and red ones for me to fill out. We have to give him a unique name, sign stuff, include a check, and send it in if he want him to be registered. Not completely sure why they couldn't give them to you then and there -- my pup's breeder would have if we paid in cash. Maybe someone else can chip in?

ETA: Okay, I somehow missed the part of your post about the papers not coming in yet. The ones I just received looked like the AKC printed them off and sent them to her (they include things like barcodes and things like the sire and dam's name are printed and not handwritten) and she wrote in a couple of extra things (like markings). Our dog is also probably a bit older than yours. I have no idea how long it generally takes for them to come in. I'm sure everything is fine.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Why do you need a paper if you already in love with the dia....sorry...the dog? Yes you are
9.gif
you just never going to admit it.
Seriously DF getting a good vet is much more important now, check her up and congrats!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Heehee, take her to the appraiser (vet).
2.gif
Make sure that got a purebred Golden like you paid for and not some mutt (CZ).

Seriously though, on our first visit they talked to us about housebreaking and general training, gave us a list of puppy obedience classes in the area, gave our pup some shots and some heartworm stuff, and other stuff like that. And it''s always good to develop a relationship with a vet early, before any sort of emergency develops (which it hopefully won''t).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results