shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG Rainbow Tahitians!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I saw this strand, and since I am out of play money, I wanted to point this one out to others, newly posted on the site. This vendor has been responsive to my emails (searching for a small gift item) and she seems nice. More info on the vendor under "A Tradition". I think she is somehow affiliated with Pacific Pearls.

I'm hoping to live vicariously . . .

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/rainbow-tahitian-pearl-necklace

I can only grab one pic, so you might want to check it on the site.

The colors are amazing, IMHO!

kdn1189__1_large.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
@HHPMom: Wow, that is a lovely one :appl: Ugh, must save money up faster . . .

Okay, I'm liking this one too, because it is so eclectic. http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/sweet-mix-of-pearls-rope Sold out only a day after she posted it. I'm thinking of getting some cheap dyed freshies at a bead show (the $9 a rope type) and making a mash-up necklace like this for myself. Won't be as nice, but I hadn't really considered mixing pearls up so randomly and it's inspiring. And fun!

kdn1187__1_large.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iLander said:

Okay, I'm liking this one too, because it is so eclectic. http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/sweet-mix-of-pearls-rope Sold out only a day after she posted it. I'm thinking of getting some cheap dyed freshies at a bead show (the $9 a rope type) and making a mash-up necklace like this for myself. Won't be as nice, but I hadn't really considered mixing pearls up so randomly and it's inspiring. And fun!

GemGeek in the other forum told Pearly Shell this trick. Mix your pearls in a bowl or bag. Then put them on your bead board randomly. I tried this and thought it worked well, especially when you have multiple size pearls. But I am still a symmetrical girl. When the random placement from the bag resulted in the same pearl colors next to each other, I rearranged them a bit. I've made a 52" rope using this method and the spring ring clasp (called Senora clasp by PP) I bought from bellafindings.com. I find this clasp is strong enough to hold longer strand, especially when the pearls are larger than 6-8mm.

I like the mix!

I think a lot of people often think that pearls automatically equal stuffy and old/ or traditional. They don't have to be that that's a good example!

Has anyone been beading/ stringing lately? I've made 2 more necklaces with some glass beads and pearls (for fun) because I had a billion 3mm CFWP to use!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bean said:
I like the mix!

I think a lot of people often think that pearls automatically equal stuffy and old/ or traditional. They don't have to be that that's a good example!

Has anyone been beading/ stringing lately? I've made 2 more necklaces with some glass beads and pearls (for fun) because I had a billion 3mm CFWP to use!

Post the necklaces! I think if it only has one pearl it counts for this forum. :D

Post it, post it :appl:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooo more jewelry crack!!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:

Sarah from Kojima is great to work with and they have some beautifully unique pieces. I have seen things that I have loved on her site and once I have considered it further, the piece was gone. Her prices are very reasonable and really are one of a kind pieces. I have learned that if you see something you want, don't delay as it may be gone within hours or the next day. She is also fun to talk to and can find whatever you may need within your budget. I have ordered (as of today!) 3 items from her. I can't wait to get my next item)!! I will post pics when I get them.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
@ CUSHIONCUTNUT: Apparently that's true! I emailed her about the single pearl I'm looking for and I mentioned the fabulous Tahitian strand. She said it is already gone!

She seems very nice, and I'm getting the impression that she has access to a lot of pearls through her pacific pearls connection.

PLEASE post what you bought from her in the past! :wavey:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:
@ CUSHIONCUTNUT: Apparently that's true! I emailed her about the single pearl I'm looking for and I mentioned the fabulous Tahitian strand. She said it is already gone!

She seems very nice, and I'm getting the impression that she has access to a lot of pearls through her pacific pearls connection.

PLEASE post what you bought from her in the past! :wavey:

I am glad you talked with her. I hope she can find what you want. .....as always, I will post pictures when I get them. They are tahitian dangle earrings. 8-)

Lislis89

Rough_Rock
All of those are gorgeous! I am of Fijian descent and on recent visits to family there I have been falling more and more inlove with yellow, black, pink pearl strands as a combination that is..... Has anyone else seen these or a fan of them? That strand iLander is to die for! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results