shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG - my HANDS!!

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Recently started looking at a new setting for me e-ring and snapped some photos trying on rings. I am celebrating my 25th, and I think of myself as a young/fit 50. I am probably deluded. LOL. HOWEVER, you certainly couldn't say so from the look of my hands. Ladies and gentlemen - wear your sunscreen!!

For those who know what I'm talking about - what anti-aging, reverse aging, MIRACLES can you recommend to plump up, smooth out our hands??? HELP! I'm desperate over here!!

TIA.

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Word sista! I'm 37 and I stopped bed-tanning at 30 (I only ever did a few springs of tanning to gear up for summer in my 20s, but still) and only this year have I had a concern with wrinkles. I now wear sunscreen on my face and hands. I use a hydropeptide sunscreen on my face AND hands and for my face I blend YSL's touche eclat foundation which also has spf. I also got this serum from Timeless, I got 2 but this one is the coq10 and I slather that on also. I love it! People don't think about hand care when it comes to aging. I hope I'm not too late!

Last edited:

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Oh! And you can also try something with glycolic acid. It is tingly but I have been using the 15% blend with 10% lactic acid in problem areas like knees and elbows and belly. Even on my chest and neck, and most certainly my hands. It helps prevent/reduce any crepiness of the skin. There are all kinds with a 12% glycolic, I just opted for the blend and use right before bed. That and good old coconut oil! And Congrats on your anniversary!!!

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Oh! And you can also try something with glycolic acid. It is tingly but I have been using the 15% blend with 10% lactic acid in problem areas like knees and elbows and belly.

Thanks for the info! What is the name of the glycolic/lactic acid product that you use?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Powder collagen. You put it in drinks like coffee or whatnot. i just bought a bag of Zint brand from Amazon. My 62 year old friend is on her second bag and I for sure notice a difference in her skin/wrinkles/age spots.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I've been using Ahava Time to Smooth Age Perfecting Hand cream. Unfortunately it's $20 bucks for 2 ounces..

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized that looking at my hands reminded me of my Mom's hands, and there was a 25 year difference between us! :-o

I recently bought some Bio-Oil to use for fading scars and the label also said it was good for dry, aging skin so I figured why not try it for that too. It's done a surprisingly great job of fading the little lines as well as making them look/feel smooth; unfortunately there's not much that can be done about how veiny my hands are :roll:. Best part is it's fairly inexpensive and will last a LONG time.

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Bio-Oil - good to know! I've seen that in a few stores and wondered about it. Since my initial post, I've been adding collagen powder to my protein shakes (thanks Whitewave) and I've been using 12% glycolic acid lotion (thanks Sashie) on my hands.

Hoping to see some improvements!

Lisa777

Rough_Rock
These are very useful tips! I'll try them.It is important to take care of the hands, especially for women.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bio-Oil - good to know! I've seen that in a few stores and wondered about it. Since my initial post, I've been adding collagen powder to my protein shakes (thanks Whitewave) and I've been using 12% glycolic acid lotion (thanks Sashie) on my hands.

Hoping to see some improvements!

I've been using the collagen in protein shakes since July and I am just noticing a difference in my skin. My friend, who I noticed a big difference on her, was on her second large bag when I noticed. (She had very aged skin, like a smoker, but it is sun damage from living in the Caribbean for years).

I am going to look into chemical peels for my hands from make up artists choice. I also bought fingerless sun gloves from coolibar. The glycolic acid lotion is a good idea also.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results