shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, I'm ENGAGED!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe it! It happened last Wednesday, 3 days before our anniversary so I was completely surprised.

Proposal story:
My dad had asked me the week before if I would like to go to my favorite museum in our area with him, my mom, sister, and niece the following Wednesday because our local public media station was celebrating their 50 year anniversary there and were doing a showing of Breakfast at Tiffany's since it was the movies 50 year anniversary also. Well I love going to that museum and Audrey Hepburn is my idol and Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favorite movie! I of course said yes and he told me to ask my boyfriend (now fiance!) if he wanted to go too and he said sure. Well, the day comes and when we got there an awesome band was playing, we got some drinks, and took cute pictures in the free photo booth. After the band finished, the CEO of the station got up on stage and thanked everyone for coming out. He said before the movie played they wanted to try something new and asked for a volunteer. A bunch of people raised their hands including my boyfriend. He got called on stage and at this point I was only thinking “what are they going to make him do?!” The man handed him the microphone and he started to talk about how he wasn’t actually a volunteer and that the museum and the station volunteered to help him out with something very special that he had been planning. At this point I started to figure out what was happening and I was crying pretty hard lol. He talked about how he knew I loved the museum and how Audrey Hepburn was my idol so it was the perfect place to do this. He said that we had been together for 7 years and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me (along with a ton of other ridiculously sweet things). He walked off stage and I stood up and walked toward him. He got down on one knee in front of around 250 people and asked me to marry him. After some champagne toasts we watched the movie and then called a bunch of my family. It was the most wonderful and perfect proposal I could have ever imagined.

Now, the ring details! He picked an Old Mine cut diamond and had it set in a gorgeous Scott Kay cushion halo setting from Jared. It is absolutely my dream ring!

Diamond specs:
.72 carat, VS2 clarity, J color (It looks VERY white in most lighting)

I don't have a good camera right now to take any pictures but I'll borrow my dad's sometime this week and post more pics. For now, I have a blurry phone picture to tie you guys over ;)).

mycushionhaloring3.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS! What an amazing and sweet proposal story too! The ring is beautiful and it sounds like your FI is a winner <3! :appl: :love:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring! So sweet that your family could be involved in the proposal memory also.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! What a cute proposal story, and so YOU with the museum and movie. Your fiance is very thoughtful and your ring is beautiful.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! great proposal and beautiful ring! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I think it's great how he got your whole family involved long with a place he knew you loved. Your ring is lovely.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
How exciting, congratulations :appl: amazing proposal and gorgeous ring (more pics!!) :love:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats your ring is beautiful ! Wear it in health and happiness :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! Congratulations! And your ring is gorgeous!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, congrats! Lovely ring!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Beautiful ring and adorable proposal!!! Great week to get engaged, if I do say so myself. :wink2:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I love that story!!!!!! congrats!!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I love the story and your ring is so pretty!!!!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! Awesome proposal and beautiful ring!!! :appl:

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations:)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww, so sweet! Congratulations!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! So Sweet! Congrats on a great proposal and an amazing ring!! :appl: :appl:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Amazing proposal and gorgeous ring!! :appl:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. OMG, i would have been balling my eyes out.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! It was so amazing, I couldn't stop crying. I forgot to add that it took place outside in the museum's court yard; it was really gorgeous. If anyone was curious I also forgot to add that my finger is a size 4.5. I still haven't been able to get any good pictures of the ring but I'll share a couple pics of the proposal! The bottom picture is from the photo booth :bigsmile: And yes, I was barefoot :lol:. I had no idea it was coming and didn't think to put my shoes back on when I had the chance!

scan0001.jpg

chryslerproposal.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! You guys make such a cute ENGAGED (YAY) couple!!! :love:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
That sounded like a beautiful proposal congrats! I can't wait to see more ring pics.

RedheadDoll

Rough_Rock
Such an incredible engagement! Congratulations!

ellab

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! A GORGEOUS ring, and such a sweet, thoughtful proposal!

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
yayyy, congratulations!! beautiful ring and story :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
how cute!!!! you guys are an adorable couple. and your ring is beautiful! can't wait to see more pics! congrats lady! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results