shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG bought my wedding dress, still in shock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I CAN''T believe it. Mum and I had an appointment at a little local bridal salon today, just to see what she had and how much she would charge to alter/custom make something. Just starting today, she had a 60% off ''selected gowns only'' sale, about which I was unaware when making the booking. I said to mum that the selected gowns were probably the riff-raff that the lady has had for years and can''t sell. Boy was I wrong!! I showed her a few pictures of ones I like, one being Maggie Sottero''s Olympia, but i wanted it with more embellishments. She went straight to the ''sale'' rack and pulled one off that she thought looked similar. I always wanted a light/antique gold wedding dress, and adored the colour of this one. I tried it on and LOVED it. Like, I LOOOOOVED it!!! She got me to try on a few more but I kept asking to try the first one on again. It is a size 12 and I''m between an 8 and 10, so it needs a fair bit taken in, and I think the train needs shortening, but otherwise it''s DIVINE. Perfect amount of bling, and stunning colour. It is a lovely pale gold/ivory colour, and the split up the side opens to a darker shade of gold. It''s sprinkled with Swarovski crystals and is just YUMMY!! I''ve tried to take some pics but they just don''t capture the colour or the SPARKLE... a bit like trying to photograph diamonds!!! Anyway here goes!

Plus I got it at 60% off!!! WooHOOOOO!! I''m SO RAPT!!!!

And excuse the sunburn and lovely sweaty, non-made up face, it''s HOT here, and I really didn''t think I''d be taking photos of MY wedding dress today!!!

WeddDress1Andi.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ''split'' down one side

WeddDress2Andi.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The embellishments around the split, heavy embroidery scattered with crystals... VERY sparkley!!!

WeddDress3Andi.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A close up of the detail around the top of the bust, I love how the Swarovskis throw off so much colour!

WeddDress4Andi.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi that looks stunning on you and I love the colour it goes so well with your complexion. Getting a bargain is always fantastic as well
2.gif

Ps Love the cricket on in the background Go Us Aussies
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the train, which has the same pattern as the split down the side.

Funny story with this shop actually... for my 21st (nearly 4 years ago) I bought a red dress that I felt needed a bit of bling so I took it to this shop where I bought my wedding dress for some bling therapy. The dressmaker had some exquisite gowns on show back then, and mum had said to be if I ever decide to get married, that''s where I should go to get my wedding dress. I sort of laughed it off, thinking the shop probably won''t even be there by the time I''m ready to get married, and even so it''s too far into the future to even talk about! And low and behold, look what happens!!! Funny, huh??

WeddDress5Andi.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 12:20:20 AM
Author: katebar
DandiAndi that looks stunning on you and I love the colour it goes so well with your complexion. Getting a bargain is always fantastic as well
2.gif

Ps Love the cricket on in the background Go Us Aussies
36.gif
Thankyou katebar! I was a bit unsure about the colou rbefore I tried it on, thinking I''d be too pale, but I love the way it looks!!

Oh and... Aussie Aussie Aussie! OI OI OI!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful on you and the the asymmetry really accentuates your tiny waist!! congrats on a great deal!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
My God you''ve got amazing shoulders! the dress is stunning! totally something I would choose myself. It is that right mix of classic yet unique- will never date in the photos.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
a gorgeous gown, AND a deal besides -
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

i love love love the pale gold,

fellow maggie bride here, mine isn''t in yet, but it''s lace overlay on pale gold satin as well-

such a soft, flattering color,

congrats!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congrats!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress is absolutely beautiful! And a *deal* too -- it was meant to be!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on finding such a deal! The dress is beautiful. I love the champagne bits in the slit and train.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on you! I love the little gathering at the waist and the peekaboo slit! Congrats on finding a great dress!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful and looks so perfect on you, congratulations!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and a steal!! Congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like it was made for you. Just perfect. The sale price is icing on the cake!!!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on getting your dress!!!!
36.gif
I love the embellishments!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankyou all so much for your lovely replies!!!!

Cheekyprincess... funny you say that, I was just commenting to mum the other day that I''ve never paid the slightest attention to my shoulders, but 4 dressmakers have told me they are so wonderful and need strapless!! LOL!! Thanks for the compliments!
9.gif

labbielove, robbie, DeeJay, ky6, FacteFire, KimberlyH, Rascal, FireGoddess and RoseAngel... thankyou all so so much for your wonderful responses!! It means ALOT to me! It''s hiding at mum and dad''s house so I can''t even stare at it all day
41.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is divine! It''s so beautiful and it is perfect for you. Congratulations on the great find!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks IrishAngel!! Very excellent
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding your dress. That is perfect that you weren''t even planning to buy and it was on sale. I''m sure it was a great experience and you look beautiful in it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks dixie! I know I wasn''t expecting to come om with a dress at all, amazing yes??

Well, onto the bridesmaids!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-it looks perfect on you! Its gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results