shape
carat
color
clarity

OMCs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I just realised that I never posted this ring. I got it a long time ago, sorry!

It''s a borderline lopsie fugs, to be honest but there''s something delightful about the stones that I can''t capture on camera. When I look through the camera I can see all the colours and fire in the stones, when I press the button, they''re nowhere to be seen. This is the hardest stone to photograph, 9 times out of 10 it just looks ugly in a pic, while in real life I enjoy wearing it. I''d been craving an OMC for a long time and this one was very, very affordable. It has some issues with symmetry, but again these are more apparent in photos.

Anyway, some specs:
1.15ct L I1 (it isn''t even eye clean, for heavens sake. I still like it)
0.50cttw sidestones, J SI1

Platinum setting, from a local jeweller. The setting is surprisingly nice for the cost (around $600) and I wear it a lot.

Jen

DSC02874.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
another one of the centre stone, unset

nkloufjopw.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
and one more - it''s with my Whiteflash stud and jacket here. Um yeah. I can make any diamond look lame in a picture.
2.gif

njla;uobbF.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
In the setting- you can see the colour!

DSC03144(1).JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Couple of handshots

nkjfntb.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Last one - profile.

It gets a lot of compliments when I wear it, and a couple of offers to buy at an antique fair recently. Not even tempted!
2.gif

okjop9u3ruowse.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I do too. It has its issues, but yeah, I love it.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I can see why others are coveting it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Such personality and beauty in each of those stones!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the profile.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Jen, it''s spectacular!!! And I love that it''s not perfect...too much perfection can get boring...LOL...
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it! I am so glad you posted a picture, definitely a beauty!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Jen, its a beauty and full of character!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Panda08, Tacori, clgwi, Laila619, DiaDiva, Diamond*Dana and Lorelei for the compliments!

I do love this little ring, and I''m really entranced by OMCs. There''s a HUGE one just popped up on DBL. One day, I''d like to upgrade to it, with sapphire sides. That, I think, would be my dream ring.

I can''t see past old cuts now, I just love them.

You people have created a monster.
9.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the ring!! You''re right, the stone has a unique beauty and I''m so glad it is in a loving home!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s not a lopsie fugs! Not at all. I love it. And just think of all the history that stone has seen, but you and I can only imagine! Enjoy.

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Gorgeous!

When I look through the camera I can see all the colours and fire in the stones, when I press the button, they''re nowhere to be seen.

Sooooo true!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that''s beautiful
1.gif
I can see why so many people love it IRL, it''s charming enough through the photos!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Upgradable, KaeKae, Stci, and yssie.

Do you think it''s ok to put this in the ultrasonic? I''m a little nervous because of the inclusions, although I don''t think any of them actually break the surface. While it does have a loving home now, it could do with a little cleaning. I''ve been wearing it a lot and it''s um, filthy. Embarassingly dirty. It''s an old cut, with a bit of colour and a bit of carbon, so it looks best when it''s very clean. I would love to give it a dip in the u/s but I''m not sure. Any thoughts?

Oh, and when it grows up, it wants to be like this one...

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-201ct-new-old-mine-diamond--hi-tech-but-old-fashioned-r3229

I am in love with this diamond and I can see it with a sapphire halo. If I get a job when I graduate and it''s still there, I''m seriously thinking about an upgrade to this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results