shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC setting advice

rubilee

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
So my boyfriend and I just bought a beautiful 2.5+ carat warm N colored stone that has gorgeous symmetry and a wonderful cushiony rounded square shape. When I set out looking for diamonds I thought I was going to go for an OEC but my boyfriend fell in love with the way OMCs looked and looking more into it I loved how unique each OMC is from one to the next. initially I wanted a setting based on the shape of one I had tried on due to its simple clean lines and architectural take on the cathedral setting. I also wanted some details added from another ring I’ve tried on in the past. However, I guess now I’m rethinking whether this will suit the shape of my OMC as a lot of these ideas were centered around getting an OEC. I’ve been gravitating towards how beautifully a solitaire could bring out the squared shape of my OMC. And the squarish shape really complements my long thin fingers. Would love to get the opinions of this forum! I can almost see hints of like a pinkish/champagne color in the diamond and I’ve been playing around with the idea of a rose gold basket with a gold band (gold suits me) vs a gold band and white basket which I can’t do with the design I originally had in mind Bc the shank turns into the prongs. Included are pictures of my diamond and the rings I wanted to take elements of for my ring. Namely prong positioning of the platinum ring while simplifying the side view so the yellow leaves aren’t there anymore kind of just leaving the “A” in place in the gold ring as well as taking away the muligrain to make the ring look more streamlined. Will update once I get cad designs too. But I really am going back and forth about the solitaire idea. Would love the opinions of this forum! 65762B23-4107-438E-A4D9-54D1BF415A51.jpeg DA7D1809-4B41-4B36-87F5-D3501F19D3B9.jpeg 52FA42F9-033D-46F2-A647-70E1BAA18E72.jpeg 0C1DD685-37F7-4D22-980C-AD4EEC5EBCC1.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your OMC looks beautiful!
Your inspo settings as well :)
Will you be pairing this with a wedding band?
If so - have you thought about what you want the wb to look like? That might help you decide which design route to take?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your stone is beautiful! You might want to report concern on your original post and ask that the thread be moved to Rocky Talky, as there is a lot more traffic there for discussions like this.

I think warm diamonds look so beautiful in rose gold, and I really like the second setting a lot. The first setting strikes me as a bit modern.

rubilee

Rough_Rock
Your OMC looks beautiful!
Your inspo settings as well :)
Will you be pairing this with a wedding band?
If so - have you thought about what you want the wb to look like? That might help you decide which design route to take?

Thank you! I will be doing a wedding band but want to go with a simple metal band in platinum or gold most likely! Which I think could go with either a simple solitaire or a more adorned band so it doesn’t narrow it down I guess.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I will be doing a wedding band but want to go with a simple metal band in platinum or gold most likely! Which I think could go with either a simple solitaire or a more adorned band so it doesn’t narrow it down I guess.
Definitely a simple metal band will go beautifully with either a solitaire or one of the embellished designs like you’ve shown! I was thinking more of if
it matters to you the wb lie flush to er or not. I think you’d be more apt to achieve that with a soli than the other designs.

And another random thought.
You are expecting a cad? If it’s based on the last rose gold image - I hope they are not strictly just removing the leaves in the design. There’d seem, I imagine, to be just bare bones left structurally holding your gorgeous stone!

29C8C3B0-2F31-48FB-8ABF-06A427140C9A.png

Excited to see what you come up with!

rubilee

Rough_Rock
In error

Last edited:

rubilee

Rough_Rock
Definitely a simple metal band will go beautifully with either a solitaire or one of the embellished designs like you’ve shown! I was thinking more of if
it matters to you the wb lie flush to er or not. I think you’d be more apt to achieve that with a soli than the other designs.

And another random thought.
You are expecting a cad? If it’s based on the last rose gold image - I hope they are not strictly just removing the leaves in the design. There’d seem, I imagine, to be just bare bones left structurally holding your gorgeous stone!

29C8C3B0-2F31-48FB-8ABF-06A427140C9A.png

Excited to see what you come up with!

So here is a snippet from the CAD I got. I am going to ask that the cutouts are half circles instead of leaves and repositioning of the prongs if possible so they are all East-west/split shank rather than north-south-East-west. I’m also going to go for a single tone 18k gold or rose gold setting. 2800CE62-5ADB-4174-A321-93970BA1E9C1.jpeg 805F5C29-36A3-4B72-97DD-BB28C374493B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results