shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC/OEC pricing

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! I think it looks amazing on your hand honey. No worries on subterfuge. We need more pics of that beauty now you realize?

BTW... I think that Ari is right, you'd be nutz to return it since it matches the listing. I would go for the repolish...as for the setting, that sounds fun. I'd love to help you find a permanent home for it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that stone is TDF! :love: :love: :love:
Really quite beautiful!! I cannot wait to see what you decide to go with when it is reset. Enjoy and congrats on your purchase!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!! i'm so excited!!

About the reset, i really really like this setting. Since the bottom will be my finger, there's nowhere for the diamond to fall thru... as long as i'm wearing it... do i really have to reset it? Say it falls, it'll just roll around inside the setting, right? the prongs on top will keep it from falling outside.

I'll try to take some more pics after work and start a new thread. :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, that's one theory. Here's another one. You are driving your car and some moron rear ends you. You are TICKED off and upset, and the last thing you are thinking about is your diamond. You exchange information with the guy and then wait for the tow truck driver to arrive. As you are sitting there you realize... crap my diamond came out of the setting and while I was waiving my hands talking to the guy... it flew away.

Do you really want to start hunting the side of the road for your diamond.

No.

Get it re-set, or have a basket made for it under the diamond to hold it in place. Or have the setting altered to a bezel.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
haha, good point. you win. :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1314837761|3006912 said:
haha, good point. you win. :bigsmile:

:$$):

If you know the setting has an issue that makes it likely to lose your stone and ignore it your insurance my NOT cover the replacement. And it's not a RB, it's a unique stone. Even if the insurance did kick in, finding a replacement will be a pain. Get it formally appraised and insured ASAP, babe.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh i'm not wearing it anywhere until i get it in a new home. you scared me enough. And it looks like the new setting might have to wait because i'm THISCLOSE to buying another one for a pendant. sigh.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you remember Chrono's ring that MrsSalvo used to own? She had the setting (gorgeous flipping setting) made into a bezel. Personally I'd call Ari and ask him if he can make the modification. A little milgrain on the inside of the bezel... you have a safe setting you love and it didn't cost you the same as a new setting. I do think Ari is very expensive for repairs though, so I would get other quotes as well. Especially from JBEG.

Another one for a pendant huh?

I'm so loving old cuts. I am dying for a big ole (for me big would be over 6mm) OEC for a RHR.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i dont remember chrono's ring? link?!? i wanna see!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
whoa that's nice! i like both before and after!

My ring's 8 prong look has stolen my heart. Not sure a milgrained bezel will make my heart flutter the same way. There are too many choices!!

First things first... do i want one for a pendant? or should i get this re-set. I have about 15 pendants already, 4 of which are diamonds. i really dont need another diamond pendant.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1314852252|3007148 said:
whoa that's nice! i like both before and after!

My ring's 8 prong look has stolen my heart. Not sure a milgrained bezel will make my heart flutter the same way. There are too many choices!!

First things first... do i want one for a pendant? or should i get this re-set. I have about 15 pendants already, 4 of which are diamonds. i really dont need another diamond pendant.

No pendant. Not now.

Reset this beauty. I fully believe that maximizing the pieces you HAVE is more important than acquiring more pieces to collect dust.

For example, as much as I adore my Aurora band, and I do adore it, I haven't been wearing it since my Steven reset of my engagement ring because I'm so in love with my wedding set... so I'm getting it re-sized as a RHR and if I don't wear it... I'm considering trading in the diamonds to BGD for something else. Shocking but true. But what's the point o having amazing pieces if you don't wear them.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i admit i am a bit of a hoarder of diamonds. i buy so many on ebay and they're such good deals... but only end up wearing a few pieces. :nono:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1314853002|3007156 said:
i admit i am a bit of a hoarder of diamonds. i buy so many on ebay and they're such good deals... but only end up wearing a few pieces. :nono:

Well, start with one piece, maximize it and wear it. Then move onto the the rest of your collection. That's what I'd do. It's only a good deal if you get wear out of it, IMO.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I play with them every day tho, along w/ my gems. Looking at them makes me happy! i play w/ them a lot when they're not set, but once they're set, i worry about damaging them. (managed to chip 3 tourmaline rings and scratched a diamond already.. and chipped 3 diamonds in a band.. somehow) I'm not really rough on my hands either, so not sure what happens. Haha, the thought of wearing them is already starting to stress me out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1314853682|3007163 said:
I play with them every day tho, along w/ my gems. Looking at them makes me happy! i play w/ them a lot when they're not set, but once they're set, i worry about damaging them. (managed to chip 3 tourmaline rings and scratched a diamond already.. and chipped 3 diamonds in a band.. somehow) I'm not really rough on my hands either, so not sure what happens. Haha, the thought of wearing them is already starting to stress me out.

Different strokes or different folks. I just repair. I wouldn't wear a tourmaline as a ring... I'd be worried about chipping. So I'd either save up for something harder (for me, I like garnets and sapphires) or set it as a pendant.

As for diamonds-- that's what polishing and reseting is for. I had pave falling out all over the place with my Ocean ring... so I reset it AGAIN and now I'm thrilled. I love bezels and most of diamonds are in them for a reason. My Aurora band does have prongs but I prong check it every month at a local jeweler or so and if there's even a squeak, it gets fixed on the spot or gets sent to BGD.

If the thought of wearing your pieces is stressing you out... I don't know babe. For me... that's what it's there for. If it gets damaged I have insurance and several good benches for repairs. But... it's a personality thing. You can't change who you are 180. If you are a hoarder who loves staring at your collection... maybe another pendant is in your future.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i chipped garnets and sapphires before too... that's why i haven't set my 4.75 namibian spess. Was wearing a smaller spess one day when i turned around and hit my hand on a table and it took off a chunk. it broke my heart. My sapphires' crown facets are' full of pits and scrapes. Maybe i'm really not meant to wear rings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1314855022|3007169 said:
i chipped garnets and sapphires before too... that's why i haven't set my 4.75 namibian spess. Was wearing a smaller spess one day when i turned around and hit my hand on a table and it took off a chunk. it broke my heart. My sapphires' crown facets are' full of pits and scrapes. Maybe i'm really not meant to wear rings.

Hmm. I'm a clutz and I have to say before this post I would have said I'm hard on my hands. But then again I don't wear colored stone rings so I have no idea if I'd be hard on them or not. I'm planning a sapphire RHR but it's gonna be a while to say the least.

I would say... get the OEC polished and examined for feathers and weak spots in the girdle before you wear it. Or um... have it made into a pendant?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yours????? It's gorgeous!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yep. Well, we'll see. My aunt saw my big one and started drooling... so i may let her have it if she's nice. :bigsmile: She's got a thing about color tho, and her ering is like 1.40 D vvs1, so we'll see if she can handle a "J". If she can't handle it, this will be a pendant for moi!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! What a beauty! I am drowning in OEC luciousness! Can't wait til you receive it. If your aunt doesn't want it, I'll gladly take it off of your hands! :naughty:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh it's gorgeous!!!

an OEC is definitely on my wish list :) :) :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROFLMAO. I have to say it's lovely. You better be good about the pics for us Forte!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha i will post pics. I really need to stop buying jewels, this is getting ridiculous. Daniel M is currently working on 6 gem pieces for me and they should be ready in the next month. As soon as those arrive, i'm going to start working on my new OEC(s).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results