shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC/OEC eval. for solitaire or cuff ring

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
I would love a second opinion on some old cut stones I've found especially regarding material quality and light return. They vary in size, so depending on which one is a keeper would determine its setting.
This would go into either a solitaire setting for a major anniversary next year, or a cuff ring with two additional fancy cut stones as an atypical "Mother's ring".
My boys were all born in April (twins plus older brother who turns 10 soon) and I would like something to commemorate making it through the "3 under 3" in one piece. I love the ring @Pomelo has with the OEC and Asscher and think something similar could work with a third diamond thrown in there (more the merrier, am I right?).
The still and videos are all posted on Imgur in one place as I thought it would be easier to compare and also for me to track them. There are 3 so far, but if I find others I'll add them.

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• 3.00.jpg
    3.00.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 4.04.jpg
    4.04.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 18
  • 5.17.jpg
    5.17.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 18

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for chiming in! They are my favorite too, with the 4.04 carat being just a bit more lively on the outer facets. It seems they don't all turn off at the same time as in the 3 carat. I'm curious though what these fuzzy areas mean for performance, or if the stone is just a bit dirty? It was more pronounced on the 5.17carat one.

1711651854218.png

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello @scandi_queen ! What a lovely idea.

I am by no means an expert at evaluating stones and haven’t bought any unset OMC/OECs before so I don’t really have any good insight into what you’re seeing the stone above, sorry!

I did want to attach a few pics for the three-stone cuff ring I have though! It’s a modern EC and 2x modern pears, and if I remember correctly, all stones are under 0.5ct (or thereabouts).

I’d love to see how you design a 3-stone with a large OMC/OEC on one side :)

IMG_6027.jpeg IMG_6559.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the 3 carat on the very left from Ritani? If so I am pretty sure this is the diamond inquired about with their gemologist.

Reactions: Kya

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Hello @scandi_queen ! What a lovely idea.

I am by no means an expert at evaluating stones and haven’t bought any unset OMC/OECs before so I don’t really have any good insight into what you’re seeing the stone above, sorry!

I did want to attach a few pics for the three-stone cuff ring I have though! It’s a modern EC and 2x modern pears, and if I remember correctly, all stones are under 0.5ct (or thereabouts).

I’d love to see how you design a 3-stone with a large OMC/OEC on one side :)

IMG_6027.jpeg IMG_6559.jpeg

Thank you for taking a look! I really admire your cuff ring and wanted to give you credit for the inspiration. That three stone is amazing! Appreciate the stats on the size, as I'm kind of in the dark on what size stones to get. This is one of the combos I was thinking about with an emerald or asscher and two pears. It looks so nice on you. I feel like I need to acquire at least one stone to get the process going :).

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Is the 3 carat on the very left from Ritani? If so I am pretty sure this is the diamond inquired about with their gemologist.

Oh, I didn't see that post! I'm not sure, it could be the same one; I found it on LGD but it is available on Ritani too (I was able to upload the videos from there). Not trying to steal someone else's find so guess I'll wait that one out.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it might be the same one. I was concerned that the diamond faced up warmer than was expected and asked if it was due to the photography, or if the crystal quality might lead it to look somewhat cloudy. The gemologist recommended I choose another stone. So if you are considering it, you might ask for additional videos or images.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
I think it might be the same one. I was concerned that the diamond faced up warmer than was expected and asked if it was due to the photography, or if the crystal quality might lead it to look somewhat cloudy. The gemologist recommended I choose another stone. So if you are considering it, you might ask for additional videos or images.

Thank you so much for looking out for me! I don't mind if the stone is warmer (I actually prefer warmer stones) but I don't want a cloudy one. I'm really leaning towards the 4.04 carat one as the price is very nice too. The faceting pattern in the 5.17 is interesting as well, but the price is considerably higher, which is fine if it's a knockout but hard to compare with just the videos.
I'm not in a hurry and want to get the best quality vs. price. These cuts just seem so hard to come by without going the branded route and paying considerably more.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are lovely! I looked on LGD, but didn't see them. Did you search for them in a certain way?

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
These are lovely! I looked on LGD, but didn't see them. Did you search for them in a certain way?

They are hard to find! I sifted through a lot of stones :shock:. One of them I found on Ritani by changing the culet from 'none' then used the cert number on LDG.
Anyways, while I was waiting on additional videos from the seller, someone else bought the 2 I was considering :(. Next time I will ask to have them placed on hold in the meantime.
If anyone stumbles on an OEC or OMC in the 3-6 carat range with good specs, please ping me! Budget is negotiable depending on the stone, lol.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I have this cuff ring that I love, it's 3 "pieces", check out Yeprem for inspiration, he does a lot of cuff rings.

Several of us have bought cheap labs in large sizes and then had them re-cut at southwest diamond cutters because it's a struggle waiting for a larger carat OEC.

1025IMG_0969.jpg

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
I have this cuff ring that I love, it's 3 "pieces", check out Yeprem for inspiration, he does a lot of cuff rings.

Several of us have bought cheap labs in large sizes and then had them re-cut at southwest diamond cutters because it's a struggle waiting for a larger carat OEC.

1025IMG_0969.jpg

That is so unique and cool! Hope it's ok to add to my inspiration board. Finding cuff rings with 3 different shaped stones isn't easy (or, ones I like).

That's a good idea with the recut. I've followed a few threads about recuts and they always turn out amazing. Might have to explore that option once I feel more confident in what cut I want. So far I haven't seen any larger OECs or OMCs in person and I'm not sure which to choose. I do have a .35carat OEC that's wonderfully sparkly, but no where near the size I'm talking about. Guess it's just a good excuse to go shopping and try some on.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
That is so unique and cool! Hope it's ok to add to my inspiration board. Finding cuff rings with 3 different shaped stones isn't easy (or, ones I like).

That's a good idea with the recut. I've followed a few threads about recuts and they always turn out amazing. Might have to explore that option once I feel more confident in what cut I want. So far I haven't seen any larger OECs or OMCs in person and I'm not sure which to choose. I do have a .35carat OEC that's wonderfully sparkly, but no where near the size I'm talking about. Guess it's just a good excuse to go shopping and try some on.

Are you in NY!? I am happy to do a GTG, i have several Lab OEC lol! I would like to steal the title of "CHIEF ENABLER" from @peppermintpatty

Yes, absolutely feel free to add, and check out yeprem! I am trying to decide between buying another one of his cuff rings or another bracelet actually. The ring is so incredibly comfortable. I can take a pic of the 'structure' later if you want.

https://yepremjewellery.com/collections/rings

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Are you in NY!? I am happy to do a GTG, i have several Lab OEC lol! I would like to steal the title of "CHIEF ENABLER" from @peppermintpatty

Yes, absolutely feel free to add, and check out yeprem! I am trying to decide between buying another one of his cuff rings or another bracelet actually. The ring is so incredibly comfortable. I can take a pic of the 'structure' later if you want.

That is so kind of you! I would love to ogle your stones and talk rocks, but I'm down in DFW. That doesn't mean you can't still be an enabler :cool2:. Especially if I go the recut route, you'll get full credit, lol!
Just checked out Yeprem and they have some really cool stuff! The one you have is one of my favorites. Which ones are you considering?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock

Hahaha I don't think you can steal a title you already have lol! Ms. "CHIEF ENABLER" @Inked LOL! I'm pretty sure your one lab diamond has led me and someone else to purchase and purchase some more ;-) We love you for it :)

How do you find all of these jewelry brands? They have some pretty rings and earrings! My enabler friend :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results