shape
carat
color
clarity

Olive's new buddy

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
He's not yet two, great around kids, well trained and just a pleasure. His name is Dredd. His family got transferred to Japan and they could not take him. They had several choices of a new home for him and we were the lucky ones.

dredd2_011.jpg

dredd2_003.jpg

dredd2_005.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd!!! That face!!! :love: :love: :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He really looks like a sweetheart, Joe. I just came back from Maine, where I was visiting my best friend and her husband. They have eight dogs there, including two Malamutes, who slept with me during my stay. Your new boy looks like Leroy, their pit bull who was adopted from a high kill shelter when he was a puppy. He is the sweetest of all their dogs and the only one who who sleeps with their cats. Enjoy your new boy!

Deb :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a cutie. Each of you are lucky to have the other.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet looking boy!

Q

Queenie60

He's a beautiful boy! Congratulations Hayjoe - enjoy your new family member!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a Pantene pup if ever there was one. Look at his coat! My hair should look half as good.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He looks like a sweetie...so glad he found his way to your home!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new member of your family! He's quite a handsome boy :D

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind comments. He got his first full night of sleep last night. I'm sure he misses his family and I know they miss him. Olive is happy to have a new friend, me too. He's a good boy.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulation on your new family member! Love that face! :love: He's adorable! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my. He's so handsome and sweet! You DID get lucky.

Poor guy missing his family must be so hard, not understanding or knowing that it's permanent. I know you'll be kind to him while he transitions.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hay joe|1468368051|4054923 said:
Thanks for the kind comments. He got his first full night of sleep last night. I'm sure he misses his family and I know they miss him. Olive is happy to have a new friend, me too. He's a good boy.

aww, I feel so bad for pups when they have to move homes (even if it's to a great home with lots of love, as it sounds like yours is)! They are sad for a bit and confused--but he'll soon realize that you guys are his new family and he looks like such a sweet and loving boy! I'm glad you guys got him and that he has you! He's adorable.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Good looking pup! He's got a great new home.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1468381754|4055000 said:
hay joe|1468368051|4054923 said:

aww, I feel so bad for pups when they have to move homes (even if it's to a great home with lots of love, as it sounds like yours is)! They are sad for a bit and confused--but he'll soon realize that you guys are his new family and he looks like such a sweet and loving boy! I'm glad you guys got him and that he has you! He's adorable.

Yes. I remember my husband and my trying to ease the transition for a six week old Golden Retriever puppy who had been taken from her mother, putting an alarm clock and fluffy soft things (including a white plush bathrobe) into her bed in the kitchen. I don't think any of us slept the first night, but probably because the puppy wanted to play! Then there was the two year-old adopted yellow Lab who didn't have a clue why he was suddenly in our house. And finally Griffin, the Newfoundland, who left a kennel and his pack of origin and had never been in a house! He slept in our front yard (in January) for the first three days we had him, and it was 17 degrees at night. But I know Joe will be a great daddy! I bet Dredd is already snuggling.

How about an update, Joe?

Deb :wavey:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww. He has such kind, intelligent looking eyes. Congrats on your new friend!

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Dredd is adjusting well. He is full of energy and Olive is wiped out by the end of the day. It's nice to see Dredd and Olive play like Sweetpea and Ransom use to. He will get next to her, flop down, roll on to his back, show his teeth, start growling and she will attack! I'm not sure how other large breeds play with each other but rottweilers act and sound as if they are really fighting. No yelping or whining but plenty of growling, slobber flying, teeth being shown and wrestling.

dredd4_025.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful boy! Congratulations!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hay joe|1469027054|4057560 said:
Dredd is adjusting well. He is full of energy and Olive is wiped out by the end of the day. It's nice to see Dredd and Olive play like Sweetpea and Ransom use to. He will get next to her, flop down, roll on to his back, show his teeth, start growling and she will attack! I'm not sure how other large breeds play with each other but rottweilers act and sound as if they are really fighting. No yelping or whining but plenty of growling, slobber flying, teeth being shown and wrestling.

They sound adorable. My best friend's Malamutes, a brother and sister, are quite violent in their play. They bite each others' tails among other things. They can wreck a house playing indoors, so my friend's husband keeps them under control. They have gotten quite large, although they are lean, now that they are truly fully grown, but they are dwarfed by my Newfie who is now over 150 pounds. Griffin rarely gets a chance to play with anyone his size. He usually has to be careful not to hurt smaller dogs when they play.

AGBF

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1468329739|4054695 said:
That's a Pantene pup if ever there was one. Look at his coat! My hair should look half as good.

So true. So glad he has a loving new home. Congrats to all of you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful dog.!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That face is just adorable.

Lovely dogs, and I like Rotties - they deserve better press and praise for certain.

DK :))

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things are going so well! Love the additional pic! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results