shape
carat
color
clarity

OldMiner......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I made several calls today to gemappraiser.com to make ideal-scope purchase. I was directed to "Jenifer"s answering machine. I left a mesage. She didn't return my call. Made few more calls......to answering machine. Finally I got hold of her at 2:45pm EST. She took my name and number and promised she will call me back. It is 4:10pm EST, no calls as of yet. Well, Jen might be busy, but common you can't frustrate a customer. Atleast call me and say that you are busy.

I don't know how much business Oldminer lost this way. Inspite of my 10s of calls, if can't place a purchase order, something is wrong here. I hope Oldminer will straighten this up. BTW, I am still waiting for Jen's call, whcih she promised.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry bout that. Jennifer should have had no problem doing this for you. Tell me what you want and where and you will have it.....We intend to keep people happy, but sometimes we fail.

Please use my personal email: [email protected]

I won't call you, but I will get it shipped pronto.......And I will ask Jenn whazzup?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
UPDATE:

I called Jen and she is going to call you NOW. I got her personal attention this time. If you have not gotten a call shortly, then let me know.

Every customer is important to us.....

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
YOU ARE MY MAN Oldminer. I am still waiting for Jen's call though.

I am just looking to buy the beginner's ideal-scope.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
THERE IS A PROBLEM: The phone number your earlier conversation with Jen was recorded by her as 713 671 2976. This number gets a recording of "disconnected number". She might have written it down incorrectly, but I have no way to know.

At least we tried to call. Now, email me the right number and we promise to call you.....

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Oh, now I see the problem. The number is wrong. I don''t want to type in my correct number here. I am going to call Jen myself. Did I forget to mention that YOU ARE MY MAN.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I made the call to Jen. The order has been placed:) Can''t wait to receive it.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You may call us on our after-hours line 215-922-4421 and speak with whoever answers. Probably Chris will answer and he will get Jen on the line. They will be there for quite a while tonight with Internet client appraisal work. The after hours number does not go to the hated answering system after 4pm.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
For lurkers, I simply ordered mine online. It was simple, processed in a relatively short amount of time (2-3 days), and didn''t really require any followup on my part. I did send an e-mail, but it was answered in a day or two. You don''t have to telephone in the order.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to order on the phone because I thought phone orders would be shipped faster. I ordered two hours ago, and I was told to expect my IS in the next 24 hours, which happens to be ground shipping. FANTASTIC.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2005 6:13:43 PM
Author: kevinraja
I wanted to order on the phone because I thought phone orders would be shipped faster. I ordered two hours ago, and I was told to expect my IS in the next 24 hours, which happens to be ground shipping. FANTASTIC.

Wow, that's blazing speed. Normal internet orders take 2-3 days processing time. I bought something from one of those home shopping networks and it took them a week and a half to process my order. I should have ordered by phone. But, i got my I-S before I really started reading PS so I didn't know you could order by phone.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I ordered mine from Dave via the internet. Painless. I emailed my address, went to paypal to pay & received the ideal scope within a couple of days.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
dave
what is best kit for a consumer. i did check out the site and all the different kits ... i have a loupe but nothing else. would i need the tweezers to hold my diamond or do you rest it on an hard surface when viewing?
Thanks

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the consumer 6X scope, the tweezer kit, and the light. For me, the 6X scope was fine.

I didn''t really need the tweezer kit. The jewelers were all more than happy to lend me theirs. The CZ that came with the kit was helpful tho to practice and see what an ideal cut stone looks like.

The light helped a lot. It has these little holes where the diamond fits in that secures it well and allows a good amount of light so you can use the scope easily.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Jen O Jen. She took my phone number wrong first. Now, she took my apt # wrong. I was supposed to receive my IS shipping today. I waited so eagerly. It didn''t arrive. I checked with the UPS, they told me that the address was wrong. Now I am going to my nearby UPS to pick-up myself. What a hassle?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am sorry - I am sure that these were jsut typo type problems.

It is really more efficient to use the online service - you fill out the address info and there can be no misscomunication - and it is instanneous and now bills in US$ (the old manual system was in Aussi$).

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I used the on-line service, too, with no muss or fuss at all, and with the IS coming at remarkable speed.

Not sure of your business associate''s name who also e-mailed me of the news of the order being received and such, Garry. I had a small handfull of questions about using the device, that he took the time to respond to at some length. So, in the end, you get not only Dave''s supportive staff looking out for you locally, but yet another resource as well, who can be responsive via e-mail.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I had no problems ording my scope, light and tweezer set a week or so before christmas, and they all arrived a few days before christmas, and Our gerbils enjoys the shredded newpaper that the box was stuffed in.

Only thing I would say, it twas a pitty the cost was converted from Oz$ to US$ then to £, as a straight Oz$ to £ would have saved me £20, or about aus$45 but hey ho.

I did origonally order an extra CZ, but someone sent me an email to say that since it came with one they had deducted it, if needed email back... but they where too efficent, i already got the email for dispatch before i got the origonal change to the order (time differances eh?) still not to worry i thought, as the H&A view i had ordered elsewhere was also coming with a CZ... and a bonus... it came with 2... a ''standard cut'' and a H&A.

Means i can get those 2 CZs made into earings afterwards
19.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results