shape
carat
color
clarity

Older Rolex Watch...need info

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, I have a question for all you watch people and I hope you can help me out a little. My dad passed away in 2010 and he had a couple of watches that mom has been hanging on to, she wanted to give them to my son's but I know that dad would want her to sell them and get herself a nice watch..thats just the way he was. So now I am uncertain where or how to attempt to sell them, the first watch is a older Rolex, stainless, it says Oyster Perpetual Datejust on the dial (I also have chronometer written down as well, I dont have the watches at my house) it has a dark blue dial, the other watch is a Tag Heuer professional it says 250 meters a has the numbers 959.7066 on the back of the case, I do beleive that one is stainless as well and had a light gray dial. I was poking around on ebay and it looks like maybe the rolex could sell for around $2000 to $2500 and tag around $350-$400. I know the first thing you all are going to tell me is get them appraised...I would need to do that before we attempt to sell them...but what would be the best and safest way to sell them? Both of the watches are from the early to mid 1990's, I know the crystal on the rolex has been replaced...my dad wore it ALL the time..he loved that watch. Neither of my boys wear watch's and they would be ok with us selling them, we want to sell them and get my mom a rolex...I can see my dad in heaven shaking his head yes he would want her to do this. Any suggestions you could give me I sure would appreciate. Thanks

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover, I can't remember -- are you in Chicago by any chance? If so I have someone you can reach out to on Wabash.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No my son used to live there..does that count lol? I am in central Ohio, but thank you :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1469104694|4057903 said:
Good morning, I have a question for all you watch people and I hope you can help me out a little. My dad passed away in 2010 and he had a couple of watches that mom has been hanging on to, she wanted to give them to my son's but I know that dad would want her to sell them and get herself a nice watch..thats just the way he was. So now I am uncertain where or how to attempt to sell them, the first watch is a older Rolex, stainless, it says Oyster Perpetual Datejust on the dial (I also have chronometer written down as well, I dont have the watches at my house) it has a dark blue dial, the other watch is a Tag Heuer professional it says 250 meters a has the numbers 959.7066 on the back of the case, I do beleive that one is stainless as well and had a light gray dial. I was poking around on ebay and it looks like maybe the rolex could sell for around $2000 to $2500 and tag around $350-$400. I know the first thing you all are going to tell me is get them appraised...I would need to do that before we attempt to sell them...but what would be the best and safest way to sell them? Both of the watches are from the early to mid 1990's, I know the crystal on the rolex has been replaced...my dad wore it ALL the time..he loved that watch. Neither of my boys wear watch's and they would be ok with us selling them, we want to sell them and get my mom a rolex...I can see my dad in heaven shaking his head yes he would want her to do this. Any suggestions you could give me I sure would appreciate. Thanks
W/o any pics my guess would be closer to $1600 depending on its condition.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great thanks for chiming in...I was only guessing based on ebay...ok so that gives me a starting point..thanks Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1469217276|4058411 said:
great thanks for chiming in...I was only guessing based on ebay...ok so that gives me a starting point..thanks Dancing Fire
Your welcome. If you don't see 4 pin holes on the case then the watch was made in late the 90's.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
awesome, I will have to look next time I am at mom's, I know that it was purchased sometime before 1997 because the person that purchased the watch for him died in 1997..so I thinking around 1993-1994...but I will look thanks for the info

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results