shape
carat
color
clarity

Older engamet ring need thoughts on it and the maker mark

Mattlock

Rough_Rock
I found this ring and would like to learn more about it. I showed it to a friend she believes that it is a antique engagement ring. She thinks the diamond holder is white gold. The diamond probably is real because of the size. And also believes it would have been welded on to another band because of the nick on the band.

To the left of 14KP is what I belive is a makers mark it is very tiny even with my loupe all I can make out in the Diamond shaped box in center shape are two vertical lines like this || with maybe a backwards capital D on the left and a P on the right.

_4332.jpeg

_4333.jpeg

_4334.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Older engamet ring need thoughts on it and the maker mar

This is a common engagement ring style from the 1930's-1950's.
Can we get a shot of the diamond?

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

It sparkles too much to focus but the top of it is flat

_4412.jpeg

_4413.jpeg

_4414.jpeg

_4415.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, it's really nice!
A jeweler can easily fix the bent shank, and check the prongs.
As a vintage piece, it is certainly wearable.
How many millimeters across is the diamond?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, it's really nice!
A jeweler can easily fix the bent shank, and check the prongs.
As a vintage piece, it is certainly wearable.
How many millimeters across is the diamond?

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

It's about 5 millimeter across and the top is is actually flat and shaped like a stop sign

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds like you have about a 1/2 (.50)carat diamond.
This could be valuable based on quality. You should have it checked out by a local jeweler. They can give you a verbal estimate, without charging you.
Half-carat diamonds of good quality can be worth several hundred dollars at least.
If this were mine I would be wearing it!

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

What do think the 14 kart plumb gold band is worth ? I was planing to get it looked at soon anyways.

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

Could be four millimeters across I measured it again hard to tell with the prongs holding it

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Then maybe your diamond is about .40 or less.
The gold value might be about $50-60, at a gold/silver exchange place. Those places will give you the absolute lowest price, and rip you off. If they give you $80 bucks for that ring, including the diamond, I would be surprised.
Unfortunately, even though it is gold and diamond, reselling it for a decent amount will be a challenge.

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

Do you think a jeweler would want to buy the ring

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A jeweler might buy it from you.
You should go to several jewelers in your area, and ask their opinions. If they don't want to buy it, ask them to recommend someone who wont rip you off.
Another idea is to hang on to it and maybe you can sell to a friend or acquaintance who might need an engagement ring. Vintage rings are desirable right now.
Watch gold prices. Gold is going up right now, because of the recent stock market drop. You can check gold prices online. Gold fluctuates every day. If it goes up a lot, then, as a last resort, you might want to take it to the gold /silver exchange.

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

I went to some shops first I went to a gold/silver exchange place he said the ring weighed one penny and the the dimond was 4.89 in size. Asked me how much I want for I said how much is it worth he said I'll give you 50 bucks.

Next I went to a jewlwers she said I have to pay 65 dollars for an apprssail and make a appoint. All she did was look at the dimond and blast it in some steam trying clean but could not find her dimond tester. I guesss she won't do much without an appoint.

Am still going to look around town.

Mattlock

Rough_Rock

After some googleing I found a jeweler close to me that I did not know about. I gave them a call before they closed. she won't buy the ring with the dimond in it would have to be out.

I guess that all some placeswant is the gold. Don't want have to work to remove a dimond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results