shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Original Engagement Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I would like to see. Peoples photos of their 'old original engagement rings' especially those who got engaged relatively young. I was reading on another forum how someone thought that seeing these old, not too expensive diamonds was very romantic.

Sorry I have no way of posting pictures or I could show mine although it was about $1400 as I was 29 when I got engaged (second time round, only one marriage though).

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is not a great photo, but it shows my original e-ring...Actually, I'd already changed it once, lol. It was on a 4 mm 14k yellow gold band when I got it, but I had the band filed down to 3 mms shortly after I got married. The diamond was .54c and VS2 clarity, J color. It cost $899 in 1979. It was supposed to be 5/8 carat, but we later found out it was .54c.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This is so funny, I was married wwwwaaaaayyyy too young. But, atleast we're still together-18 lonnnng, I mean wonderful years.
12.gif

When we were first married we exchanged simple gold bands which I soon dropped into the atlantic ocean, never to be seen again. After a couple years I got a vveerry teeny tiny diamond ring-which is now a pendant-somewhere in a dark drawer collecting dust. Well so much for being sentimental-I told you they were lonnnngg years!
9.gif
8.gif
9.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Patty and sevens one
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Cool thread! Darn! I don't have any pictures of my original wedding set...last year, I had all the stones mounted in one platinum ring...the old setting (from 1994--when we got engaged) was channel set rounds in yellow gold... I'll see if I can get a photo with the rings in it to scan. how stupid of me! It would be nice to have a picture of the old rings...
1.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this thread, great idea! I've only been married for a little over a year, and I still have my original wedding set.

Anyone else with any pictures to contribute?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results