shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Mine Cut Diamond Wedding Band

RuthG

Rough_Rock
I was once a member here in 2009, was in a not so good relationship, so I decided to come back (under a new username) as I am in a WONDERFUL relationship now and I have my wedding band to share! I spent months and months looking for an OMC wedding band - to me they are so classic and beautiful. I started another thread to ask advice on a new engagement ring setting for my heart diamond so I figured I'd show you my wedding band which I will never change...

This is my wedding band! It is English made c1920-1930's. The five graduated old mine cut diamonds are collet and prong set in a platinum setting with a hand pierced gallery. The centre diamond is approximately 0.20ct with each side of the center stone being 0.12ct and each side of shoulders 0.05ct making a total weight of approx 0.55ct. The diamonds are I-J color with VS2-SI clarity. I love how the diamonds look like little rose buds!

Thank you for letting me share!

ring_front_view_close.jpg

ring_front_0.jpg

ring_side_10.jpg

img_12428.jpg

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
*LOVE*!!!
Did it take you a long time to find it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. :love: So glad you are in a loving and wonderful relationship! :appl:

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
That is amazing! It gave me heart flutters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely and goes so nice with your engagement ring! Its so nice to own a lovely piece of history.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band, I love Old Mine cuts!!!! And it is wonderful that you are in a much happier relationship/place!!!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your compliments, means a lot.

LadyMCh, yes, it took me about three months to find it (is that a long time because it surely felt like it!! Haha!).

Funny, I remember being a member here about 2009, geesh, 7 years ago. I was peeking around at all of the engagement rings (I was with someone for 16 years and we were never engaged - talked about an anniversary ring but that wasn't going to happen either - so I only DREAMED about finding a lovely ring) and OMC diamonds always stood out to me.

And yes, tyty333, I absolutely love that they are a piece of history! My engagement ring is a family heirloom so I love the history and story that comes with it as well! I honestly didn't care what ring I got for an engagement ring because I love this man so much - it could've been anything! Haha!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful wedding set that works so well together! Congrats!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thank you lovesvintage! I'm thinking about getting a new setting for my engagement ring, something thinner, just don't know what setting yet! :)

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your set looks great, very unique. Love it.

Nm06003

Rough_Rock
Your ring is amazingly beautiful! If you dont mind me asking, where is it from/how did you find it?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
AnnaH, thank you very much - yes, they are very unique together! One from the 1980s and the other from the 1920s/1930s! When my husband proposed to me, I absolutely loved the heart diamond! The band is very thick though, which is fine, but as soon as I put the wedding band and the engagement ring on together, it's too much on my finger. I'm sure it was meant to be a RHR so I am in the process of finding another setting for it. I'm thinking about a classic white gold solitaire setting, maybe...

Nm06003, I found my ring on Etsy through a seller in the UK named antiquejewelbox. I had visited many websites and jewelry stores and was going to buy a Verragio wedding band but I kept remembering the OMC stones and knew that was what I wanted. So I searched and searched - wasn't really looking for a 5 stone ring at all - but then again I was very open to what could possibly go with my heart engagement ring...

Thank you very much CRYSTAL24K! I fell in love with it the minute I set eyes on it!

Nm06003

Rough_Rock
thank you for your reply! Who would of thought to look at etsy. You're right though, you can find a lot of old cut stones there. Its beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :love: Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful on you. Its elegant and timeless and unique. :love: I'd wear that every day.

Glad to hear of your happy circumstances and why NOT have a name that goes with all of that? :wavey: :appl:

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thanks you guys! It's almost been a year since I've been married (11 more days) and my wedding band is holding up nicely! I'm pretty rough on my jeweler - I'm a teacher - and use my hands all of the time! Nm06003, yes, there are tons of antique jewelry stores on Etsy. 'My jeweler confirmed its authenticity so that was a sigh of relief!! Maybe a couple of months isn't such a big deal but after he proposed I had 8 months to find a ring that spoke to me! I love it, couldn't be happier with it!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This looks amazing!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
I love your wedding band!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! Just another little tid bit - the diamonds combined are a bit over half of a carat but it looks like more, especially because the diamonds are so deeply set in the ring. I was/am super happy about this purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results