shape
carat
color
clarity

Old europeon cut diamonds

richdor

Rough_Rock
Hello All!
I am going batty for the OEC diamonds lately and wondered if there are some well respected places in which to purchase one. I have have been on some web sites such as Love Affair Diamonds , who by the way, have some really nice stones. Could any of you on the board recommend some dealers to me? :love:

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for loose stones or jewelry? Genuine antiques, or any stones that are cut OEC?

http://www.langantiques.com/ is the biggest dealer of antique jewelry and they have a lot, but not loose stones.

Good Old Gold (and others) cut OEC stones with modern precision techniques.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singlestone.

richdor

Rough_Rock
Thanks ---I have been on Singlestone's site---really awesome things.

richdor

Rough_Rock
Ideally, I would love a loose stone but I just found a site, Diamond Violet, and boy oh boy! Lip smacking rings for sure.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For better or for worse, most OECs have been recut into modern round brilliants. The ones that are left tend to be remarkable in some way, like being set in a spectacular ring, or, more often, just not very good stones (low color or clarity). Personally I like the modern versions, like the August Vintage Round and the Canara European Round, but to each their own. As it is, you're going to have to judge each antique individually.

richdor

Rough_Rock
ChristineRose|1442346040|3928101 said:
For better or for worse, most OECs have been recut into modern round brilliants. The ones that are left tend to be remarkable in some way, like being set in a spectacular ring, or, more often, just not very good stones (low color or clarity). Personally I like the modern versions, like the August Vintage Round and the Canara European Round, but to each their own. As it is, you're going to have to judge each antique individually.
Hello Christine Rose!
I have no idea what is a Canara Europeon Round cut ---could you send a link to one? Thanks for the help. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will find those stones at victorcanera.com. Click on the link for diamonds and you will see these stones!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Violet also sells on Ebay if you want the extra protection that Paypal gives you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results