shape
carat
color
clarity

Old e-ring disaster recycled into a blingy five stone

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember my old construction project of an e-ring when I had a five stone, with a ginormous, protruding peghead and big side stones? Well, this is what I did with it.

These are 30 pointers, only the center is GIA, E, VVS2. The rest are uncertified but appraised as VS and E/F. I pretty amazed at how much bling this is. I especially love how low set the stones are. Size 4.5. For the record, I would love a full eternity but can't afford that now. ;-)

Before:

angle.jpg

all_profile.jpg

_1229.jpeg

_1230.jpeg

_1232.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, your 5 stone ring is stunning. It looks beautiful on your hand and that is a lot of bling. I am sure it shoots off a lot of fire in the Sun. Beautiful new ring. Enjoy it! :wavey: :wavey:

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Marcy. I'm really enjoying it right now as a right hand ring. Awesomely blingy and super comfy. Love the feel of heavy platinum.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and a great way to recycle the old ring! I love my five stone as my RHR - I didn't opt for a full eternity as I was afraid of damage to the stones on the underside - especially because I am right handed and do practically everything with that hand. Think of steering wheels and grocery carts and pull doors! I feel like with finger to finger coverage you never really know if it is full eternity or not and I was able to opt for larger stones by going with the five stone ring.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is great what a smart and lovely ring. I like the five stone, I think it gives you great finger coverage while still be comfortable between your fingers.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, and I still prefer the 5 stone as a RHR for the reasons MGR said! :love: What a perfect way to use those stones!!! I have a smaller 5 stone (1 ctw) but this makes me want a larger one!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous! It looks amazing on you! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful ring!!! :love:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous you must be thrilled with it. I have a 7 stone half eternity with 30pointers and I love it. Here is a pic of mine. Enjoy wearing yours. Merry Christmas! :wavey: photo-6_7.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, this is so gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: Substantial and very blingy, and also really elegant on your hand. It's fabulous and perfect and I love it! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing way to recycle the stones. It looks super elegant on you.
You not only have a stunning wedding set with e-ring from VC but also a royal looking 5-stone ring. Enjoy wearing your beautiful new rings. You have chosen for understated elegance and it looks amazing and sophisticated on you.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You have got the colorless sparkly, comfy, blingy finger coverage down. :appl: Looks amazing on you. :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
That turned out beautiful!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh these diamond bands, there should be more of them on people's hands away from PS! Your five stone is so flattering and blingy LLJsmom as is your seven stone Monnyjay.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, your new 5 stone looks amazing on your hand. :love: :love: :love: Blingy and blindingly white and statement ring for sure. LOVE it on you!
What a remake! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So very pretty and such a great way to recycle your old diamonds!!! I too have a five stone right hand ring and I absolutely love it. And it is nice not having to worry about the potential for damage or sizing issues that go along with a full eternity.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great way to recycle/reuse/repurpose your diamonds!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1451145435|3966393 said:
What a great way to recycle/reuse/repurpose your diamonds!

+1!! Looks fabu!

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone. I call this my "now I know better thanks to PS" ring. this is exactly how the first five stone I bought should have been executed, but I bought my first five stone from blue Nile. And that was the most uncomfortable, protruding thing that I have ever worn.

I wore this all day yesterday and forgot I had it on. I love it. So blingy. Gonna add it to the five stone thread...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks fantasic! You are a lucky blingy lady! I just love repurposing jewelrey. Well done, enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1451106795|3966287 said:
It looks gorgeous you must be thrilled with it. I have a 7 stone half eternity with 30pointers and I love it. Here is a pic of mine. Enjoy wearing yours. Merry Christmas! :wavey: photo-6_7.jpg
Monnyjay, your seven stone is beautiful. It looks perfect on you! Those 30 pointers really work right?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice LLJ...great reconstruction idea! It's been a blingy holiday for you!

Edit - Can I ask who did your makeover? It's nice and low.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Great remake! Enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1451160376|3966494 said:
Very nice LLJ...great reconstruction idea! It's been a blingy holiday for you!

Edit - Can I ask who did your makeover? It's nice and low.

Derco Jewelers in San Francisco. A respected aNd conservative jeweler. Been around for a long time. Very nice basic pieces. I picked my center stone off blue Nile and they ordered it for me.

So the really nice thing is that they made the setting for each stone just a hair larger than the circumference of each stone. You can see that in this picture, how the girdle of each stone sits within the frame of the setting so I won't hit the girdle of the stones.

_1242.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh... this thread makes me so very happy. Everything is just perfectly right.

Well, almost everything. Your previous setting was beautiful in its own right!! Not even CLOSE to "disaster"!!! But... Uncomfortable and protruding do not a happy long-term relationship make :(sad Your Victor is really the perfect setting for your stone and your finger, your new band matches oh so perfectly, and now you have a gorgeous fivestone, another jewellery wardrobe staple - you, LLJ, are seriously one of the best recyclers on PS!!

:love:
Perfect perfect perfect :love: :love: :love:

Derco did a wonderful job - and how awesome that they were happy to order the BN stone for you! How do you wear it - on the other hand? In place of your Ering? Stacked?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfectly gorgeous and I love that they allowed for some protection against the girdles- very smart. Hubby and I bought our wedding bands at Derco and have been happy with them.

Congratulations on this beautiful 5 stone!! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect, & what a great use of those stones. Although I am biased, I love the sleek look it affords, & agree, it is a classic look. You will get a ton of wear out of this ring, its perfect. :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1451189959|3966643 said:
Ahhhhh... this thread makes me so very happy. Everything is just perfectly right.

Well, almost everything. Your previous setting was beautiful in its own right!! Not even CLOSE to "disaster"!!! But... Uncomfortable and protruding do not a happy long-term relationship make :(sad Your Victor is really the perfect setting for your stone and your finger, your new band matches oh so perfectly, and now you have a gorgeous fivestone, another jewellery wardrobe staple - you, LLJ, are seriously one of the best recyclers on PS!!

:love:
Perfect perfect perfect :love: :love: :love:

Derco did a wonderful job - and how awesome that they were happy to order the BN stone for you! How do you wear it - on the other hand? In place of your Ering? Stacked?

Hi Yssie, thank you my dear bling mentor and friend. Btw, you know that it was your suggestion of e-weddingbands.com that made completing my wedding set possible. When you give advice, I listen. ;-)

Thank you for for your comments. It may sound silly, but your approbation means so much to me. I am currently wearing it on my right hand by itself. It's pretty thick so it doesn't spin much.

Not to be weird and mushy, but I hope somehow I get to meet you someday. (((Hug)))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results