shape
carat
color
clarity

Old dog advice?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to your pup. Looks like he had a great run with you and your family.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss, Uppy. I was thinking about you and your family today.

Rest in peace, sweet Buck.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Been thinking about you and your family today, Uppy. Many heartfelt condolences.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
The boy clearly had a big personality. So sorry for your loss.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RIP Buck. Another angel watching over us. :saint: My condolences to Upgradable and your family.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Ack I'm totally bawling now. I'm so very, very sorry Uppy. I lost my two very loved boy cats earlier this year and good lord it just hurts so much- and even months later I still tear up sometimes thinking about how much I miss them. All we can do is love them as best we can, and hope we see them again someday (though hopefully not too soon!) I'm so sorry you lost Buck but at least he had a wonderful life with you, and you took the very best care of him even through to the end.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing pics of Buck and your family, Uppy. They made me tear up. I'm so sorry you've all had to deal with this. Thinking of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss uppy. Buck knew he was loved greatly and had a wonderful family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What an adorable guy your Buck is, Uppy. "Is" because he's still adorable, wherever he went to wait for you. I know he leaves a huge hole in your heart & your family's life & you feel he gave you more than you gave him. Be sure it was an even exchange -- love for love. He was a very lucky fellow to have drawn you in the cosmic lottery.

I read something recently that I keep reciting to myself because it's so true. Maybe it will help:

"There is a land of life and a land of death, and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning."
Thornton Wilder
The Bridge of San Luis Rey
So there is a bridge to Buck & you have created it together.

Hugs galore.

--- Laurie

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1316881634|3024681 said:
Rest in peace, Buck. There'll be no more pain.

I'm so sorry Uppy. This is the *worst* part of pet ownership. <<Soft hugs>>

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Uppy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Buck was a beautiful boy. He was loved, and you and he were lucky to have each other.
May he rest in peace, and may you relish in the memories.
Big hugs to you, dear.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Peace to you, Uppy, and to sweet Buck as well. I'm so sorry.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Massive hugs Uppy. Tough call, but you did the right thing.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've been crying nearly constantly since Saturday. I feel maybe we didn't try hard enough, or intervene enough to give him the chance to feel better.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Uppy. When you know you just know. I helped myself through a similar situation with one of our cats by telling myself *repeatedly* ... "It's just love ... it's just love." about my heartbreak & pain at the loss. It's because we truly LOVED. Thinking of you during this tough tough time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy, I am so so sorry but know you did everything you could. We had put our darling Billy to sleep June 2009 and it was the most heart wrenching thing we ever had to do. But it was the right thing to do. I often think we are more humane with our animals than we are with our fellow humans. Buck knew he was dearly loved and he is at peace now. Please know you did the right thing and one day you will be reunited with him. I am not sure if you ever visited this site but it gave me comfort during the dark days when we no longer had Billy with us.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://petloss.com/

Hugs dear Uppy and you and Buck are in my thoughts and prayers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results