shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay, so my GF "hinted"...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

positiv

Rough_Rock
She has another friend close to getting engaged, and she showed me the ring she suggested for her friend, you know, in case I was curious (hint, hint).

Anyway, problem is, she is looking at a ring she found at Robbins Bros (she doesn''t know I''m doing all this research and I know there are better places online to buy a ring than this local jewelry chain store).

My question, can anyone guess from looking at this ring what carat size you think it might be? Obviously this wasn''t available on the web site.

http://www.robbinsbros.com/productsearch/productDetail.asp?prod_id=21414&pType=ring&intIsJewelry=0&set_shape=1013

ringwrap.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe around a 1c center stone with .70 side stones or similar. It's really hard to gauge but you could do that style with any size stones for the most part.

Also I know your GF hinted that she liked it, but is it the same ring her friend is getting? Chances are she does not want the same ring her friend has..and even if she thinks she does..she really doesn't. Nothing is worse than having the same ring as a friend, ESP if it is a unique setting such as that one. A solitaire is one thing or a simple setting but if her good friend has the same ring...chances are you should take into consideration what she showed you, but make it a little different than her friend's.

1.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think this is a single ring - both from the picture (look at the band, especially on the inside) and from the file name - ringwrap.jpg. I'd be willing to bet that it's a solitare with the rest of the diamonds being in the wedding band.
I agree with mara - make sure this is not her friends ring - I doubt she'd want the same one in the long run but if you think she has her heart set on it, why don't you look into recreating that set into a single engagement ring with some subtle differences?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results