shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay, I''m nervously putting this old cut cushion out here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, folks--Here is an antique cushion for you to look at. As some may know, I am not very good at judging stones. I like low color, so that is intentional.

2.09, M VS2 7.49 x 7.90 x 5.63
depth 68.2
table 51
good polish
good symmetry
large cutlet
v thin-thin
ft flour.

Thanks everyone!

owa16357a[1] (2).jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
another pic.....

owa16357b[1] (2).jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know a single thing about specs... but to my eye, the facet pattern looks BEAUTIFUL! Love that culet, too
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty and has an interesting pattern. I don''t see the typical maltese cross type in it. I hope DG or Cehra will chime in to educate me on which type of pav mains this one has.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah ... I like this one!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am SO THRILLED that this one is looking good to so far. Admittedly, I had a vendor pick it for me based a set of criteria i sent & I think he did a really good job. I think it would make a beautiful ring and it sparkles in the pics much more than the OEC in my fateful last thread. The price is set at just over $5600. Sound in-line for a 2ct m stone?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have no "expertise", other than I like what I see!

cheers--Sharon

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I too have no expertise with cushions, but I love the look of the chunky facets in that one
36.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I hate PS! It just makes you diamond crazed. It''s so pretty, I want one!! hahaha

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/3/2007 1:13:08 PM
Author:kellyfish
Okay, folks--Here is an antique cushion for you to look at. As some may know, I am not very good at judging stones. I like low color, so that is intentional.

2.09, M VS2 7.49 x 7.90 x 5.63
depth 68.2
table 51
good polish
good symmetry
large cutlet
v thin-thin
ft flour.

Thanks everyone!
1. who graded it
2 it probably has some chips - most genuine old stones with very thin girdles do - I am reploishing one at present that is 3.36ct and we are praying it can be kept above 3ct. You have only .09cts to spare.
3.Both photos do not show the true color on an M diamond - especially the second one which looks blue white
4. Cut looks good

PS Dave Atlas / Gemappraisers specializes in OMC''s

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous to me.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m no cushion expert either, but I do like what I see. Especially the 2nd pic.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like!!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My OMC started out at 2.09 with 2 girdle chips and after singlestone polished out the chips and re-polished the entire stone, ending weight was 2.06. Almost no weight loss, though the off-round shape did get slightly more noticeable.

I purchased mine privately and paid $6k (and feel I got a great deal) for a K (w/strong blue fluor), VS1, 7.60 x 8.02 x 5.04 (plus the cost of the polishing), so I think the price is right, assuming the stone looks great in person.

But I''m no expert - I just love me some antique diamonds!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the gorgeous chunky facets!
30.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I would GLADLY wear this stone. I love the chunky facets! I usually don''t like the culet so much, but here, I do. Why does it look so white?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I say go for it!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s lovely! I like the facet pattern and chunkiness of the stone. Does the vendor have a good return policy? If so, I''d go for it. $5600 is a great price, IMHO.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone **with a special Shout Out to Mr. Holloway** for your input. The stone is EGLUS certified & I have no idea whether there are any girdle chips or not. I''ll find out Monday when the business is back open for business. I''m not expecting the stone to be anything as white as in the 2nd pic & am fully expecting a significant tint. I am strongly considering pulling the trigger and luckily have the long weekend to think about it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 2:12:56 PM
Author: Chrono
It is very pretty and has an interesting pattern. I don't see the typical maltese cross type in it. I hope DG or Cehra will chime in to educate me on which type of pav mains this one has.
It is traditional - just the shadowed part is the x showing and not the + from this particular angle on the image on the coin - you can see it plainly :)

ETA it is very beautiful! I'd love to know the % of crown it has...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 8:45:25 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 10/3/2007 2:12:56 PM
Author: Chrono
It is very pretty and has an interesting pattern. I don''t see the typical maltese cross type in it. I hope DG or Cehra will chime in to educate me on which type of pav mains this one has.
It is traditional - just the shadowed part is the x showing and not the + from this particular angle on the image on the coin - you can see it plainly :)

ETA it is very beautiful! I''d love to know the % of crown it has...
Cehra and Chrono, you guys should write something about what to look for in cushions as you both know so much about them. Perhaps for the FAQ forum above RT. That would be most helpful.
1.gif
I know I love them but that''s about it. Sorry for the thread jack....
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results