shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay... I really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
So I am completely frustrated with my wedding dress and that whole issue. I bought a dress from JCrew for my wedding.
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod65597423&catId=cat90226
I LOVE IT! The only problem is that it is too plain. So I came up with this idea that I love, which is buy a lace overlay jacket to go over it. Here is the problem. I can get it custom made for $220 to 270; however, that is WAY too expensive for me. I need something $100, AT MOST! I will attach a photo of the type of jacket I am looking for. I have searched everywhere! I have called about three to four bridal stores in my area to check to see if they have anything I am describing and they don''t. I have also checked local departments stores, ebay, & searched online.

White House Black Market has exactly what I am looking for, but it only comes in black.
http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product.asp?PID=300106947&bb=cat
And I don''t think I can wear black to my own wedding. My fiance and mom have a hard time with me not wanting to wear ivory colored shoes.

Do you have any ideas of where I could look?

Thank you guys for everything!

knessas070131m.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Where do you live? If you are in a metro area with a garment district, etc I imagine you can get one made for a lot less. I am quite sure a really nice one that is custom made can cost $200-300, but I also imagine there is someone out there who can make one that will be nice enough to look great for the one day you need it! Keep searching online and on ebay, but I would do a little more hunting for a seamstress that can make it for a good price. Good luck, it sounds like it will turn out beautifully!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!

My mom thinks she would be able to sew lace, so we are going to look at doing it ourselves. I will definitely post updates as I find them out!
1.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
that''s great!! I hope she can do it for you!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s a great idea! I couldn''t find a cape that I liked, either, so my mom made mine. And it''s wonderful! It also made the day a little more special, having something my mom made by hand for me.
9.gif
And that way, it''ll be a one of a kind, too!

Good luck!!
9.gif
9.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 11:41:02 AM
Author: Liquiddazi
Thank you everyone!

My mom thinks she would be able to sew lace, so we are going to look at doing it ourselves. I will definitely post updates as I find them out!
1.gif
Oh good - that was what I was going to suggest...I too plan to have a lace jacket - at least at this time - and I got my lace at Walmart in the US - it is perfect for a jacket - and it has a little mother-of-pearl sheen to it. And the best part - it was only $2.77 a yard, whereas Joann''s was $7.99 and up and in my opinion not as pretty...Just my 2c worth :} Oh, and watch Joann''s for their pattern sales - they go on for a $1, another big saving :} I got my two patterns in the US for $2 and up here in Canada, they would have cost me over $30
16.gif
Yeah, I am a bargain hunter - giggle
9.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
that''s great I was also going to suggest having one made

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who had a lace jacket just like that for her wedding, and she and her mom made it. They said the hardest part was getting the pattern of the lace to line up in the front, so I think you should be able to do this no problem. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results