shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, you are all probably going to hate this but I love it !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 2:16:28 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/24/2006 1:58:25 PM
Author: SKR

Forget the stone - I may need rescuing tomorrow !! Anyone willing to take in a lodger for a few days ?
I''ll take ya in, if you promise to buy me something in return.
9.gif
2.gif
Ellen - For you, anytime. However, with all the positives coming the rings way, I may not be needing accomodation after all !!!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 2:20:38 PM
Author: MINE!!
THAT is awesome!! Would even make me consider a diamond in such a setting!! REALLY REALLY cool!!!

Thanks for showing it. Would love to see some hand shots!!!
Thanks. Whats the stone in you Avatar ? It really looks stunning.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is AWESOME!!! I usually like things that are unique and different, and I have NEVER seen that before which therefore makes it super cool in my book!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 7:08:03 PM

Date: 12/24/2006 2:16:28 PM
Author: Ellen

I''ll take ya in, if you promise to buy me something in return.
9.gif
2.gif
Ellen - For you, anytime. However, with all the positives coming the rings way, I may not be needing accomodation after all !!!
LOL Drat!

Not really.
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 6:58:54 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 12/24/2006 4:09:59 PM
Author: lumpkin
I like it. A lot, actually. It sure makes that center diamond pop, and I like the style of the ring. I wouldn''t want it for an engagement ring, but it would make a fantastic RHR because who doesn''t want to wear diamonds on both hands, but it won''t compete with the bridal jewelry. Anyway, I think it''s a pretty cool thing to do with a ''spare diamond'' (LOL!) you just happen to have lying around. It would be really gorgeous with a little black dress, so if she doesn''t have a new one you may have to spring for that as well -- something in an eveningwear satin....
oooh lumpkin you''re so right!! this ring is PERFECT for a black tie event!!!

Yesssss! I''m thinking New Year''s Eve party. It may not be black tie, but no matter where you''re going you can dress way up on New Year''s Eve.

SKR, I hope she likes it. I think it''s fab.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 12:10:52 AM

Date: 12/24/2006 6:58:54 PM

Date: 12/24/2006 4:09:59 PM
I like it. A lot, actually. It sure makes that center diamond pop, and I like the style of the ring. I wouldn''t want it for an engagement ring, but it would make a fantastic RHR because who doesn''t want to wear diamonds on both hands, but it won''t compete with the bridal jewelry. Anyway, I think it''s a pretty cool thing to do with a ''spare diamond'' (LOL!) you just happen to have lying around. It would be really gorgeous with a little black dress, so if she doesn''t have a new one you may have to spring for that as well -- something in an eveningwear satin....
oooh lumpkin you''re so right!! this ring is PERFECT for a black tie event!!!

Yesssss! I''m thinking New Year''s Eve party. It may not be black tie, but no matter where you''re going you can dress way up on New Year''s Eve.

SKR, I hope she likes it. I think it''s fab.
oooh yes yes yes!!! SKR tell her she can''t change it until after new years lol - she has to wear it so we can live vicariously ;-)

SKR

Shiny_Rock
I''m a happy man - she loved it. Thinks it looks superb but unfortunately she noticed the cruddy prongs as well. Ho hum serves me right for going to a cheap jeweller Anyway the main point is she likes the style and the black pave - as it is. Just need to get the prongs and a couple of other bits sorted now.
10.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I am so glad she loves it! Congrats!

And, we''d love hand shots.
11.gif

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot below -

DSC01832B.jpg

SKR

Shiny_Rock
And another one. This one hasnt come out so great. I also dug out the cert for the stone - given the basic info on the cert it's not a bad stone.

DSC01836A.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure... I like black diamonds in certain things, I saw a flower pendant where the center was black pave and the petals where white pave and it looked great. You don''t think she would like a halo around the diamond and then a row of the black stones coming down the sides of the band? I think it really has great possibilities...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 8:43:20 AM
Hand shot below -
take another shot for me please please please - just like this one but with the ring in the light - I wanna see full contrast on the hand from a distance - it''s awesome and I''m so glad she likes it!!!!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
The more I see it the more I like it! I honestly think it''s a very cool engagement ring!!
36.gif
I would even pair it up with a non-black diamond pave wedding band to balance out the whiteness of the diamond.

Awesome job!!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 1:42:35 PM

Hand shot below -
take another shot for me please please please - just like this one but with the ring in the light - I wanna see full contrast on the hand from a distance - it's awesome and I'm so glad she likes it!!!!!
Not in daylight but hopefully this one should show the contrast better. The stone keeps looking yellow in every picture I take and it's winding me up - it's pretty white face up in real life. It's supposedly a H color but the lab could be dodgy so I am probably looking more like a I or J (HRD).

DSC01794B.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
SKR, I''m liking it more since seeing the hand shots. And really, only the last one you posted looks yellow. A lot of my lighting makes mine look yellow too (GIA G), so I wouldn''t get too upset. And as for HRD, I''ve heard from experts on here they''re comperable to GIA.

But yeah, when weather permits, try and get some more outside, I think it will help!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is very unique and interesting. The contrast between the small black diamonds and the larger white stone is very eye catching. I like it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you!! I just love it :) I love it from the first pic and love it even more on her hand - it''s a great unique design - enjoy!!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 7:57:46 PM
thank you!! I just love it :) I love it from the first pic and love it even more on her hand - it's a great unique design - enjoy!!
Thanks to all for the comments - whether positive or negative.

I also got some matching earrings made - I will post some pics tomorrow.

darling

Shiny_Rock
My first instincts were right. I love it.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, I''m glad she loves it!! I''m anxious to see the earrings.

Did you ever post hand shots of the oval??

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s fabulous, especially after seeing those hand shots! I, too, think it would look beautiful with a pave white diamond wedding band...if possible...at any rate, I think it''s a very unique and beautiful ring.
36.gif
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a big fan of black diamonds on the whole. But I do think your center stone stands out this way!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Interesting! IMHO, had the white diamond been set (flush) into the mount along with the rest of the stones, it might have encouraged more fluidity/a cleaner line thereby promoting a more "elegant" feel.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I really like it, and the hand shots are beautiful!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. I think it would also look nice with some pave bands stacked on each side either in white diamond or alternating white and black dimaonds. It would really bring out the center stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really cool ring. I love the contrast between the white and black diamonds, very cool!! I think a halo made out of black diamonds would be awesome, hopefully someone here will make one someday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 4:51:03 PM

Date: 12/25/2006 1:42:35 PM

Hand shot below -
take another shot for me please please please - just like this one but with the ring in the light - I wanna see full contrast on the hand from a distance - it''s awesome and I''m so glad she likes it!!!!!
Not in daylight but hopefully this one should show the contrast better. The stone keeps looking yellow in every picture I take and it''s winding me up - it''s pretty white face up in real life. It''s supposedly a H color but the lab could be dodgy so I am probably looking more like a I or J (HRD).
SKR,
Are you in England? You used the word Dodgy. My mother-in-law is British and I know black diamonds are a huge rage in England!!!! It is beautiful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great on her hand! If you both love it that is all that matters!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i like it! different, but still elegant.

bae7

Shiny_Rock
I was reading through this post - feeling pretty neutral about the ring. Then I saw the last picture and thought, "Wow, that is gorgeous!" I think it is stunning and unique - a very tough combination to pull off. And earrings to match - I''m envious of your wife!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results