shape
carat
color
clarity

OK to Brag About My Friend's Spectrum Award?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am VERY happy to report that my friend Tony has won first place in the Bridal Wear category for the 2016 AGTA Spectrum Awards and will receive his award at the Tuscon Gem Show!!!
I'm posting not only to show the ring, but am sincerely hoping that any PSers who attend the show will look him up and say hi. He is very modest, so I am tooting his horn for him. This was his entry. The shank is 6-sided then morphs to fewer surfaces as it nears the bottom of the shank.
102815_bridal.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well congratulations to him! The ring appears to be really original and reminds me of something in space! Like space pod meets asteroid, maybe? That is very timely with Star Wars being so immensely successful! What is the gemstone?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very cool!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a spinel. I love having a perfectionist near-by in case a custom project suddenly becomes necessary : )
He's the guy who hand-engraved my HOF band to make it look vintage, and set my OEC. Clearly I have not given him any interesting challenges, yet he has embraced my very small projects with enthusiasm and care.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are SO fortunate to have a good bench person nearby!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1452186307|3972200 said:
You are SO fortunate to have a good bench person nearby!!!
DS, that is so true. It's been a growing relationship over the years as well, so there is a nice level of trust.
Hijack: I've been thinking of you and your Beaudry. I finally got a pink and white ring! except the asscher is pink and the sides are white.

I actually got it to set my asscher in, but it was quite clear that not only was the asscher 0.50 mm too small, but the K looked bad with the white halo.
I'll start a thread one of these days to explore how I can set the stone and make it happy. These projects seem never-ending!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! His design is so pretty. I wish I was going this year. I'd look him up.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is very exciting Jimmianne! His design is amazing - it's great that you have such a talented and trusted jeweler nearby to work with. Congratulations to him! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your friend!! How awesome to have a great bench so near you. I bet you could refer a lot of PSers to him.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see a side view of that ring.

Congrats to your friend! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1452269997|3972659 said:
I'd love to see a side view of that ring.

Congrats to your friend! :appl: :appl: :appl:
your wish is my command : )
although this might not be the side view you wanted to see...
[I was curious about how the shank meets the head. I have only seen photographs so far].

img_2430.jpg bridalwear1st_tn__1_.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool...I like the shank idea and the basket looks like it works really well for heavy bellied color stones! So lucky to know
an expert you can go to for questions!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your friend! :clap: Very cool design! Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful! I adore that ring as it is beautifully designed and executed! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet! Congrats! Unique design! Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results