shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, spill! Who else got pressies from Dan today?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking at you Lauren!

My tourmaline is here. It's a lovely color, but windows a bit more than I'd like. Not bad, just might have benefited from another p facet. Of course we have no sun.
20.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe, Mercoledi! I got mine, but I''m stuck at work and not really in a good place to be snapping pics . . . I''ll try and get a couple shortly!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so I brought my camera to work, but forgot the USB Cord! I''ll have to upload pics tonight. Sorry, guys!
4.gif

As it stands now, the blue spinel and the pink tourmaline are my faves!. The lavender is lovely, and I''m going to keep it, but I''m not sure what I''m going to do with it just yet. Maybe I''ll have my setting with the bezeled sides converted to fit an oval . . . hmmmm

I have plans to set my pink tourmaline in the oval halo setting I recently won, and I have that lovely purple cushion spinel I''m going to have set finally after the Holidays . . . I think this is going to be the close of a very busy jewelry year.
3.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
won? ebay?

I one a few things too....heheheh

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 4:46:44 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
won? ebay?

3.gif

I won the oval halo that Kelli has for a steal!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, my cable is nowhere to be found and DH has been cleaning lately, so it could be anywhere!

Sounds like you have a regular menagerie Lauren! You went from no purple to a pink-blue-lavender set!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 4:54:53 PM
Author: mercoledi
Yeah, my cable is nowhere to be found and DH has been cleaning lately, so it could be anywhere!

Sounds like you have a regular menagerie Lauren! You went from no purple to a pink-blue-lavender set!
Ack, I want to see pics!!!!
3.gif

I'm really, really loving this blue spinel - Dan was right - it's leaps and bounds better than the last one I bought from him.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 4:49:59 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

won? ebay?

3.gif

Lauren is this the double halo setting? I got mine the other day but have had to send it back. I didn''t upgrade the diamonds (wish I had) and they were grey, dull and lifeless. I may just have been unlucky but wanted to warn you if it''s not too late.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 5:30:39 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 11/5/2008 4:49:59 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

won? ebay?

3.gif

Lauren is this the double halo setting? I got mine the other day but have had to send it back. I didn''t upgrade the diamonds (wish I had) and they were grey, dull and lifeless. I may just have been unlucky but wanted to warn you if it''s not too late.
Thanks, LD - I saw that post - I''m sorry it was a disappointment, but I could tell you ended up with bad diamonds in that setting.

It''s the single halo, and so far, I have to say I''ve been very lucky without upgrading the diamonds. I have one more cushion setting to buy before the year is up, which is the setting I have the best of luck with, and if I don''t care for this one, I''ll just send it back.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Not today, but hopefully sometime this week :). I bought the 3.72ct cushion emerald cut mix Spess garnet. I am super excited to see it in person!!! I am sure it willbe fabulous, based on what I''ve seen of everyone else''s gorgeous stone pics!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 1:50:22 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Not today, but hopefully sometime this week :). I bought the 3.72ct cushion emerald cut mix Spess garnet. I am super excited to see it in person!!! I am sure it willbe fabulous, based on what I''ve seen of everyone else''s gorgeous stone pics!

Oh how cool! It looks just like a piece of orange candy (it''s about the same size too).

The new spess cushion is no slouch either.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 8:33:43 AM
Author: mercoledi
Date: 11/6/2008 1:50:22 AM

Author: stepcutnut

Oh how cool! It looks just like a piece of orange candy (it''s about the same size too).

The new spess cushion is no slouch either.

Thanks, I am so excited to see it-I''ve been looking for a nice sized/cut spess for sometime and this one just spoke to me!!! And of course I love the size. Not sure if it will fit the setting I was planning using-I have an 18kt WG hand engraved cathedral setting with channel set rounds OR a pair of bowed edge shield cut diamonds for a 3 stone ring!?!?! I think it will me easier to decide once I''ve seen the stone in person :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Tough to take photos of to catch the color.

spess garnet.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so much, much later I have found my camera cable. Here's my tourmaline, it's a lovely color when we have sun and under bright incandescents. It's pretty dark in the apartment though, so I think it needs to get set soon and get some exposure.

ETA: that's a tiny picture, I'll try that again...

tourm1.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Color looks lovely Mercoledi! Love to see a bigger pic--but I can see it ok in your av.
1.gif

oh, and I have my eye on one, but I reallyreally need to set my aqua first.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks coati!

Stepcut- I love that spess! It looks just like candy.

Trying again...

tourm111.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
a little brighter...

tourm22.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
A dark pic, the color is really saturated

tourm33.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I had trouble keeping the spinel out of the way..

tourm44.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
spinel fire

tourm5.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
pavilions

tourm8.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
for scale

tourm10.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
And everyone playing nice...

Thanks for indulging me!
35.gif

tourm11.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 11:49:55 AM
Author: coatimundi
Color looks lovely Mercoledi! Love to see a bigger pic--but I can see it ok in your av.
1.gif

oh, and I have my eye on one, but I reallyreally need to set my aqua first.

Coati- Did you finish your GG? Congrats!!!

And Dan seems to be running a sale just now, too bad my gem fund is low
7.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Who cut your spinel mercoledi???

My topaz is flying through the air at the moment, on its way to me!!!! Usps status says "Status: International Dispatch

Your item left the United States from ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 7:05 PM on November 20, 2008."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her spinel asscher is also from Dan, the lucky duck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results