shape
carat
color
clarity

OK, so y''all are gonna think I''m crazy or somethin''..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I took myself over to David's bridal today to try on trumpet dresses to make sure that I knew in my heart that I chose the right dress for me. I've had trumpets on the brain for a few months now (hence my prior worries that my dress was not fancy enough and whatever) and while they do look OK on me (I like the first from the back) I'm thinking that trumpet is not the shape for my body. Which would be a good conconclusion since I bought a dress. Let me know what you think though...

A reminder of my dress (and my wedding will be evening winter wonderland themed)...maybe since you guys can see my "body type" from the other pics, you can tell me if it looks as though mine is better for me, or not?

...............and yes, I know I'm obsessing over something that I should let go...that's besides the point! I'll only admit my insania here and hopefully this will quell it.

Plus, I wasn't allowed to take pics of my Maggie at the shop so I wanted to post dress pics for fun anyways!

winterweddingdress.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I do like this although I think I look "hippy" and undefined in the waist...the dress isn''t that much too big to be different when altered, I think:

hippy1.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
back...this is the part I like about the dress, although mine has a corset

backok.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
This one was "nightgowny" but pretty...just not for me

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
forgot pic

nightgowny.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Not so great on me

coolbackbutno.png

E B

Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I like the one you have the most of the three. It''s simple and classic, perfect for a winter wedding. It has sparkle detail that looks like snow, which is perfect, and I just love the silhouette.

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Yours is like a gazzilion times better!!!

You don''t seem very busty, the trumpet style really draws attention to this and makes your top half disappear and says ''hips'' even though I don''t think you have large hips- just that you are smaller across the shoulders. The Maggie has a clear definition of your bust with the gathering detail underneath to differentiate where the bust ends and your midsection begins. It is GORGEOUS!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like the style that you already have better than the trumpets for your body type. I think your Maggie is gorgeous, but I definitely understand the whole second guessing your dress decision thing.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely keep the original dress.
1.gif
I think it''s gorgeous, and the trumpet dresses just don''t seem to do it for me.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others, your Maggie is much better than the other two options! I''m partial since my wedding dress is one, but I love Maggie''s!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 9:34:52 PM
Author: Cheekyprincess
Yours is like a gazzilion times better!!!

You don''t seem very busty, the trumpet style really draws attention to this and makes your top half disappear and says ''hips'' even though I don''t think you have large hips- just that you are smaller across the shoulders. The Maggie has a clear definition of your bust with the gathering detail underneath to differentiate where the bust ends and your midsection begins. It is GORGEOUS!
Yep, I definately am not chesty...I am actually quite un chesty, so you''re right, it does draw attention down making my hips look larger and like I don''t have a waist at all. :)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Ebree, Cheeky, Robbie, Rascal (good to see you, btw, I''ve noticed that you havent been around as much?) and Roseangel! I feel a ton better, just needed some confirmation!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Dress shopping, after you have bought a dress, sounds like something I would do--so i don''t think you''re crazy! hehe

The trumpet is interesting/trendy, so i can see the appeal, but i think the dress you picked will flatter your body better (the maggies fit so well eh--it''s the thing I worry most about since I chose not to go with a maggie & ended up with a zip-up back) & it fits the winter theme really well.

also, you are going to look SO much better in the maggie than the model pics you probably keep starring at. I hate the maggie ads--the girls look like stiff over-decorated prom queens. Real brides look so good in her dresses!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
You''re going to look like the perfect winter bride in your Maggie! The trumpet style just isn''t doing your cute figure any justice! Besides, having looked at Maggie and David''s, there''s just something special about the Maggies.
5.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I could be biased, since I''m a Maggie fan, but I really like your dress best-

it''s a clean, classic look, and seems more ''winter wonderland-y'' than the others anyway.

26.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like the original better. The trumpet style really accentuates your hips, and I''m just not a fan of it on you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2007 12:15:38 PM
Author: labbielove

I could be biased, since I''m a Maggie fan, but I really like your dress best-

it''s a clean, classic look, and seems more ''winter wonderland-y'' than the others anyway.

26.gif
I agree. Your Maggie dress is much more "winter princess"-like than the mermaid styles.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 11:30:03 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
Thank you Ebree, Cheeky, Robbie, Rascal (good to see you, btw, I''ve noticed that you havent been around as much?) and Roseangel! I feel a ton better, just needed some confirmation!
Yeah, I''ve been MIA off and on since the wedding in June
40.gif
. But I''m trying hard to keep myself updated now! And thanks for noticing
1.gif

As for the wedding dress, I really think you picked the right one for you. I know how it is easy to second guess yourself, I did the same exact thing
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results