clarity

Ok, now I feel really really bad

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1308075628|2945777 said:
HollyS|1308074608|2945751 said:
:shock: :shock: 98K? :-o

mine was one tenth the size . . . .

Well, I can only imagine that it will be a most spectactular day, and what's done is done, now ENJOY!

:oops:

I'm mortified.

It isn't helping that some not-so-nice people have heard about our wedding and have made comments along the lines of "the more expensive the wedding, the less likely the marriage is going to last"

Truly, we arent even having tonnes of flowers, lighting, dancing troupes or anything like that. It's a sit down meal (of very expensive food I confess), a jazz band and fireworks at the end. And a photo booth. And a caricaturist. Ok ok I'll shut up now.

The venue, photo/videography and food takes up 80% of the budget. At my insistence that our guests eat very well, and we have great photos at the end to show for it. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Listen, honey, it's going to be okay. I didn't have 'gourmet' food. . . it was just pretty good. We didn't have an open bar . . . just bubbly. We didn't have a jazz band . . . just CDs of jazz. But mine was teeny tiny and just right for us. If you are having all the things that are important to you, then it's just right for you.

Take a deep breath, relax, and savor every magical moment of what you wanted to create. If you don't stop worrying and wringing your hands, you will have wasted the money by not enjoying yourself. Please don't do that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1308066100|2945581 said:
Someone PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who has blown the wedding budget. And I mean not just blown it but pulverised it.

We sat down and did the math yesterday.

Not including any jewellery, honeymoon or accommodation costs for family, our wedding for 125 people now costs a smidgeon under $98,000.
am i invited? ... :naughty: had never been to a $100K wedding.. ;( ..$784 per person?.. :-o ...nice to have rich parents.. :bigsmile:

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
No, it happens! Our original budget was 15,000, we are now at 20,000. For our area thats actually pretty decent. The most you would spend on an extravagent wedding in our area is around 50,000 max. I did a lot on my own so that saved a bunch, and being that it was all handmade makes it that much more special! This includes the photobooth I just HAD to have. I also had tons of vendors bring their price down for me so that also saved a lot of money! and i mean A LOT! :) If you can somehow afford it and your not in extreme debt, dont beat yourself up about it. Its your WEDDING day, one of the most important days of your life. It'll be perfect!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
rosetta...I totally understand. my "stepdad" (it's complicated, hes not really my stepdad) said he would like to contribute around 40k to the wedding. When we added up the numbers last time, we were at 56k!!! He then said he was 'expecting' to spend around 50k but would like us to cut in some areas (so we are...unfortunately it is hard to find a photographer that I really like). anyway, FI's parents are also pitching in some but I am not sure what that is going to be so right now I am just...trying to make it as 'reasonable' as possible.

anyway...weddings are EXPENSIVE. and then when you have to add in tax (our venue is charging nearly 30% on top of all the catering!) :errrr: and tips and etc and etc it seems overwhelming for one day. sometimes I think that we should just have a small wedding and not spend that much on one day, but I am really looking forward to it and think it will be really beautiful (or at least I hope so!) so I totally understand your feelings about the $$$...

anyway rosetta...DUST for the big day! I'm sure it will be amazing and you and your guests will have a great time :) and then you will have great photos to relive those memories.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh girl. You're going to be just fine. If you can afford it, enjoy it....all this worry will suck at your joy.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone (yes even you DF!)

i'm just going to try and enjoy the whole process.

actually im also moving house (yes, 2 weeks before my wedding) so i'm focusing on that at the moment and it's keeping me sane.

i'll try and post as many pics as i can, but as i am keeping my identity secret on PS, i will be limited in what i can post. I will DEFINITELY try to post as many jewellery photos as possible.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
rosetta, your wedding is going to be awesome! It sounds elegant and I can't wait to see your photos. You and your FI have been through a stressful year, with his illness and now a house move, and we know how much you love this man, so who cares what anyone says? It's going to be the Best.Wedding.Ever.

Not only is the money spent, but the money was spent as it was intended to be spent. It was Rosetta's Wedding Fund that your parents have been keeping for this moment and every time they put money aside towards it, I'm guessing it made them happy. Not as happy as your actual wedding will, though! If your father gave you that money for the wedding he expects you to enjoy it and spend it on the wedding.

Enjoy your last few days as an engaged couple, and come back here with a ton of pics of the big day.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$98K! :-o :-o :-o

But hey if you can afford it - ENJOY IT! Bet it will be fabulous so post lots of pics afterwards :appl:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
awwww, if you can do it, DO IT!!! We were just going to do the court ceremony, but being European, my family freaked out! So we some how had to scrape up 5k and that was it, so we went WAY over budget, but it was perfect, and we loved our wedding! We'll do a renewal down the road, but hey, it's a party for you two right? Have FUN!!!! Sounds like it'll be great!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta, you have always seemed like a reasonable and responsible individual on PS--coupled with the fact that you can pay for your expenses outright without any debt--just enjoy it. It sounds like its going to be wonderful. ;))

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I think ours is going to be around $25k. We're getting married in Hawaii, just us and our parents and then having a reception for 60 when we return. The wedding was about half of the price and that includes the honeymoon, getting his dad there (who we paid for) and paying for the photographer. The reception at home is simple, but with great food and entertainment.

But we honestly aren't doing a whole lot, it's very low-key, like us :)

We have gone over budget on some things but it's not really a big deal since we can afford it. Rosetta, your wedding is going to be amazing! Don't beat yourself up over it. Almost everyone goes over what they hope to spend. As long as you guys aren't putting yourself in a position that you can't get out of financially I'd say just enjoy it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results