shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok Ladies... What do you think of our wedding ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies! I haven''t posted much of our wedding stuff on here so I thought I would go ahead. I hope you like it. So I created a collage of our ideas and what we''ve done so far. I''ve purchased my dress and we''ve already designed the wedding invites and announcements.

For a background: we are getting married in Maui, HI and our total number of guests (including us) is 42. We have not picked out bridesmaids dresses yet, what do you think of these in the collage? I tried to change the color on one to make it look more like what I was thinking. (beige and white) I also like the eyelet too and you can actually get the cotten eyelet in one color and the liner a different color. Even though the eyelet is subtle, is it too much w/ my dress?

Our colors are: beige/sand, white, and kind of a mix between celedon/lime green. Our flower is the Cymbidium orchid.

For the tables at the reception (its going to be at a restaurant on the terrace which is directly on the beach) we were thinking white linens with scattering of white and green orchids, then some simple clear glass votive holders w/ white votives. Our cakes will also be center pieces. We are thinking of doing small 6" diameter cakes about 4" high and each cake will be for 4 people so we will have approx 11 cakes scattered down the tables. They will probably be simple rounds w/ yummy tropical fillings (like mango or papaya or something) with white ganache and some simple cymbidium orchids laying on top.

Oh and the ceremony itself will be simply decorated. Just loose green and white orchids tossed down the aisle w/ white chairs. The backdrop will be palm trees and ocean. The ground is grass. The orchids are actually really cheap! I''m super excited about that. I found a great website where I can get 250 orchids (flower head only) for $27.00!!! How many do you think I''m going to need though to do an aisle?

I would love all of your imput!!!!
1.gif

Enjoy!
9.gif

our wedding collage - PS.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
ok so the collage is kinda small, sorry about that. Not sure how to make it bigger w/out going over the size limit for pics
8.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to try one more time to post a larger collage. I really hope it works

Attachments

• pstest2.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 32

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl, i sent you e-mail, attach you files to the reply and will re-size for you.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love orchids too! What website are you going to buy them from?

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love your ideas and think all your colors will look wonderful together -- You have to have to show pics when you start getting things

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully some larges pictures will be up soon, I just emailed them to admin.

Hey Basil, I found the flowers on http://www.hawaiiflowerlei.com/lei/leidetail.asp?ProductID=19 and you can get etiher purple, white or green. The price is awesome! I figure I can buy a whole bunch at that price

We are going to do a Hawaiian ceremony (we are actually both Catholic but you can''t do a catholic ceremony outside) so we will have some traditional hawaiian parts mixed in and in that ceremony there will be a lei exchange, so we will have to get leis too

Thanks Sarie! I will definitely start posting more pics as we go.

One other thing I forgot to mention is the wedding favors. We are doing candles by Pacificia. They are soy candles that smell amazing. They are soy filled glass candles (5.5 oz) and each is individually packaged in its own gift box and we are doing Bali Lime Papaya and Vanilla Orchid, so we will alternate the sents at each place setting.

Candle link http://www.pacificacandles.com/soy-bali-lime.asp
Candle link http://www.pacificacandles.com/soy-vanilla-orchid.asp - I just looked at the vanilla orchid link and it looks like they are changing their packaging for this scent, so we are going to have to wait on that one - I want to make sure the packaging will match our pallet

Hopefully the larger pics will be up soon so everyone can see the details! Thanks!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I divided them in 2 parts to save the size, will re-arrange the rest and post in a min.

ColSce1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe this does remind me of our wedding for sure!!

we used whites, sage and lime greens and a mauve rosy color...i wanted to play off the greens and lushness of hawaii and so we used a lot of white. and then we incoporated the sages and pinks into things like the girls dresses, the men''s ties, the colors in our bouquets, the flowers on the ''aisle'' of the grass...etc. it all worked out great i thought and those colors are ''neutral'' enough to mix with tans as well which we also did for things like the menus, and programs etc.

i think in a hawaii tropicale locale you can get away with using SO much less bright color because the background of the beautiful island greenery is so lush and great to work with...the brightest color we had was this wide fuschia satin ribbon i got for the florist to tie the bouquets with. and that was the only place it was used. it was kind of a fun ''pop'' against everything else which was softer...

have fun, i think your collage ideas look fab!! one comment re: the cake ideas...our hawaii cakemaker did not like using fondant in the tropical locale because she said it melted quite easily. so we did buttercream and had her smooth the sides. doing buttercream and using something like the wide ribbon on it could work as long as it didn''t stick to the cake. we just had her do a 2 tier buttercream and used fresh orchids and greenery for a topper and put a few on the sides etc. worked fabulous.

awww i wanna get married again! i think the one thing i would change would be i''d choose a more cool dress representative more of me now. but otherwise for us everything looked fabulous!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
I love the light green bridesmaids dress in the second collage - and the taller green and white cake. It would look great with the buttercream too....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your colors...but I''m not digging the beige bridesmaid''s dress. I think that same dress would be FAB in your green with maybe an ivory/white sash? The beige is just a little blah for the dresses, but the dresses themselves are all gorgeous.

It''s going to be a gorgeous event! I love orchids...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 5:14:08 PM
Author: Mara
hehe this does remind me of our wedding for sure!!
I was thinking this is just like Mara''s wedding, which is just beautiful. So I think your wedding ideas are fabulous.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! And thanks to pricescope admin too! I think the more neutral colors look great, just like Mara said about how vivid the colors are in Hawaii''s landscape, so you really dont need a lot of colors in your pallet.

About the cakes, I think I would like to use ganache instead, Mara - did they say anything about the pros/cons of that? But buttercream would probably work too. We are going over there in April to do all the taste tests and such so hopefully we will have all of that picked out then.

Mara - what island did you get married on? I think I saw some of your pics from a while back when we first started coming up with ideas.

About bridesmaids dresses, I think green would be good too, both of my bm''s get very tan so I hope that green will look good on them.

What do you think of doing the bm dresses in cotten eyelet? Too much pattern w/ my dress?

Keep the ideas coming!!!!!!
9.gif

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like your ideas! I do think that eye let for your BM's is too much though. And doesn't match the feel of your gown at all.

Re: BM dresses... I went shopping with my MOH for her gown and we tried on HUNDREDS of gowns in this huge store in Austin... this one, which we loved is a bit similar to your two tone idea... and the sales girl said it was one of their most popular because it was so flattering to so many body types because of the cut... plus it was really nice quality by Mori Lee. Didn't come in green but has a beautiful pink/fushia combo.

img0_tiffanyblue_turquise.jpg

This is the gown we are going to order for from Jasmine though-- this pic is terrible as it looks much better in person... it comes in a great shade of honeydew green and its really flattering. Most of the gowns you have posted are natural waist gowns... which really don't flatter most people. Just thought I'd put a bug in your ear about dropped waist BM gowns.

knbtwof067042l.jpg

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, that cake is the same as the one I put in my idea file... Only since my colours are pink and green I was going to have green bands and pink orchids instead! Everything looks beautiful!

broadway

Rough_Rock
Gypsy,

What store in Austin? That''s where we are...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! So elegant and lovely. Is that you in the top left with no face? Great dress. I would not do sand colored dresses for the girls, maybe a lovely green or another color in the orchid, but overall I just love love love the clean and crisp look of what you are doing. So great!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 12:15:14 AM
Author: broadway
Gypsy,

What store in Austin? That''s where we are...
Well. I''m not from Austin... my MOH lives there andI was visiting, so I''m going to be of limited help with a location or a name. But the store had the words "bridesmaid" in the title. As in it didn''t say it was a bridal salon.... it specifically called itself a bridesmaids store. I would look up on the Jasmine and Morilee and see what stores bill themselves as Bridemaid''s stores. The selection was good, the sales girls were very helpful and good at picking flattering gowns and they let you look through their tons of racks as long as you liked. We liked it there.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher i got married on kauai! it was wonderful. i have posted a bunch of pictures on here in the past, i am not positive what the thread names are, i think something like ''married and with stories to tell'' has a lot of pictures? and our bouquet done by our kauai florist was featured in a wedding channel magazine in 2005..kinda fun!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy, thanks so much for the ideas. Both of those dresses are great, I will definitely have to check those lines out! I''m still in the beginning phase of searching for bm dresses. I have 2 bms and both live in Boston (i''m in the bay area) so I haven''t had a chance to shop w/ them. Both have the exact same body type - 5''-0" and about 100-105 lbs (they are tiny!!)

both of the dresses I posted were from Aria Bridemaids, I really like their selection of colors, I may look and see what else they have - also they have a showroom in Boston.

Thanks OCbride! I''m lovin'' the cake too!

Hi Diamond fan! Thanks so much, and yes that is me in the picture w/ no face
1.gif
. I think I''m leaning more towards a green dress now too.

Thanks mara, I''ll have to seach for some of your pics.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ideas, and the color scheme is so pretty. I have to agree with the others, the bridesmaid dresses may look prettier in green. Another bridesmaid shop to check out in Boston is Flair Bridesmaid (http://www.flairbridesmaid.com/). They also do custom work and have a really nice selection. It''s a little pricier than Aria though.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sap, thanks so much for that website. They have some cool dresses on there but definitely a little pricey. I''m trying to stay under $200. If you have any other recommendations for the boston area, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I found a BM dress online at Nordstrom''s today
1.gif
. What do you guys think? Its a light sage green color. (also I have 2 bms - one is 4''11" and one is 5''0" so I think knee length would probably work better than tea lenght) Do you think this is too light? Would it work with the green orchids?

Here is the link:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2917943/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6001765~6001774?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6001774&P=2

Here is another pic of my dress so you can see a side by side comparision. Also, my FI and the groomsmen are going to be wearing white button up longsleeve shirts w/ khaki pants. My fi may wear a slightly different shirt - but still white. He actually bought (hasn''t worn it yet) a really cool white long sleeve button up w/ white embroidering on it that may work really well.

bm nordstrom CK.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the dress in Honeydew that Gypsy suggested. Gypsy - could you tell me the cost of this dress? I''m liking it, but I wonder if that honey dew is as bright as my screen shows.

This whole bridesmaid dress thing is hard
7.gif
I really wish I could find a cute summery dress that both of my bm''s would like and actually want to wear again.

Jasmine B2407A honeydew.jpg

lovebug

Rough_Rock
Hi Asscher! We are having similar colors for our wedding this summer!
Check out anntaylor.com and go to their celebrations page (i think it''s under "trends"). They have several dresses in "honeydew" and you can mix them with different colored sashes. There are several different styles (long, short, strapless, v-neck. etc) so there will be something for everyone, or you can pick one style and go with it. They had matching ties for the men (we ordered these a while ago) but it seems like they don''t have them in the honeydew anymore. They also have shoes that match and little handbags in the same fabric. All my girls were really happy with the dress! Good luck to you!

Bpham

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link to the orchids. It is very inexpensive and would probably be cheaper than going with the hotel prices. I''m also getting married in Maui (Feb. ''08). About your BM dresses, I really like the dress you found at Nordstrom. I think it would be perfect for a Hawaiian wedding. Good luck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honeydew is what we are going to get so I remember the swatch very well. On my monitor that color looks nearly neon. The swatch showed a very nice mellow green-- exactly like the meduim toned flesh in a honey dew rind. Not neon at all and very lovely. I don''t think their swatches are very expensive... and any store that carries the line would be able to tell you if they have a swatch to look at, I would call and go take a look. Cost... hmm. Crap. I don''t remember. We were looking for just one gown for my one attendant and as long as it was under 200 she was fine with it. But I remember it was quite a bit lower than that. Around 120-150 I think. It is a matte fabric-- a georgette so keep that in mind when you are thinking about color.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy - I''ll definitely check into that dress. I''m glad its not like what my monitor shows either. That may be a little on the bright side
emsmiled.gif

The price seems right too! That is great.

I so haven''t been motivated lately to look for bm dresses. I need to get on the ball.

lilaoc

Rough_Rock
Great ideas! Wish you all the luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results