shape
carat
color
clarity

OK...I''ve been holding out....on my new HALO pendant!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
So many of you know that I''ve been pondering a pendant for some time.....and got sidetracked making a beautiful pair of earrings instead.

Well, once the earrings came into place at .55, I then had to rethink the pendant thing.....I wanted the stone to be slightly larger than the earrings.

I began in earnest searching for the right stone. I love the look of the Ritani halo pieces, but the key to achieving a similar look is in the proportions of the halo stones to center.

Here is the final outcome. It''s a .75 center ACA stone surrounded by 1-point melee. The center bezel and melee prongs are platinum; the outer edge is 18k yellow gold.

I''m very pleased with how it came out, but we may be making a few minor modifications. I selected a box chain, but I''m thinking a Tiffany link chain might better suit the piece. Also, I may end up changing the center stone....it sparkles and flashes like NO tomorrow, but I think I''m seeing a "darkness" in this center J because of the surrounding melee. I don''t see it at ALL in my J earrings, and I don''t see it in certain lighting in the pendant either, but then there are times when it doesn''t seem as "bright" as the surrounding melee.

Soooooooo.....I think I''m gonna just go down and storm the WF castle in Houston this month! I''ve been wanting to do it for a long time, and this give me a great reason to do it. I''m trying to talk my partner in crime, Mara, into tagging along....we''ve been talking about meeting up for a while, and I know one of her toe rings is a BIT snug. (Can you tell I''m FISHING for reasons to hook her in?)

Thanks to so many of you who''ve been periodically asking "pssst - hey....what''s going on with the pendant, Al?" One of the fun things about projects like this is the enthusiasm from so many other people here. Thanks so much!

halcollage.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that on your other post.......my eyes were drawn to it''s beauty and sparkle!!!!
30.gif

I thought, "Hmmmmmmmm never saw THAT beauty before!!! " (definitely would have rememberd it.....) Those are great melee stones.....have more sparkle than I would have thought for their size>
Great job!!
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here is the look next to my e-ring. The center stone on my e-ring is 7mm.

The pendant stone measures 5.90mm, and the melee is 1.3mm on either side, so that''s about 8.16mm not including metal. It''s a substantial piece.....VERY noticeable.

You can see what I mean here about the center looking a bit "dark"; it''s just at certain angles, but I have to give that some thought.

Enjoy!

halopendring2.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehehe.....you holder outer! i was wondering what the pendant comparison shot was from in the other post!
11.gif

the pendant looks great....i *love* that bezel!
3.gif
are you really thinking of changing the stone? well, if so....
''have fun storming the castle!''
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blimey Aljd
6.gif
you little tinker you - those are GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hah! I saw the pendant in the other thread and wondered where is came from.
6.gif

It looks great. I see the darkness as more sintilation in the pic. Way more colorful.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Al,
What a beautiful pendant. We don''t often get to drool over yellow gold
3.gif
I just love it!! The center stone is another beautiful "J"
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and sooo HUGE!! Love it!

Do we get to see neck shots?!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautifully done--looks like winner!

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful together. Wear them well.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant Al! I''d be passing by every mirror I could find to catch a glimps. (The frustration of a pendant -- can''t admire it all day long like a ring.....)

Wear it for a while and see if that darkness is really darkness as you catch a look in different lighting.....

Well done -- I love the setting. Maybe one of these days I''ll do another recycle project to create a halo pendant. I''ll definately be looking at yours to figure out what works best.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!!! Yellow gold, what a yummy choice.
3.gif
You and Mara at Whiteflash...in person...gulp...will there be diamonds left for anyone else?
31.gif

Shay

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2005 11:23:16 AM
Author: Shay37
You and Mara at Whiteflash...in person...gulp...will there be diamonds left for anyone else?
31.gif

It's really just a thought at this point.....heck, I'm not sure if Houston could survive the two of us together, much less the folks at Whiteflash!

I'm sure a potential visit by us will involve us having to foot the bill for extra police detail to guard the vault!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

I'm not sure if I wanna have her on my trip anyway....you don't really think I WANT Greg to place the blame for an impulse purchase on ME, do you?
38.gif
I can just HEAR Mara now....."but Greg, Al MADE me do it!"
11.gif
11.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow alj! Great pendant! WF does it again!
9.gif

The thought of you 2 gals going to WF in person is halfway between scary and smashing!
31.gif
27.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pendant. I love that setting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS pendant! I''ve been contemplating doing something similar with a princess solitaire pendant I have...and this is NOT helping dissuade me from spending money right now!!!!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj. I am in love with you new halo pendant!!! It''s just beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was gone when you posted this, sneak! I love the pendant, love the stone....after all those hours of suffering and waiting.

Storming the castle sounds like FUN...but yes I think that Houston would explode with the two of us in the same vicinity. I''ve already threatened to lock myself in the diamond vault, to Brian''s horror!
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous!! OK, so where''s our neck shots?
9.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Waïïï!!!
The fire of this ACA looks unreal!
That''s so gorgeous!!!
New Line or Classic, I need to know!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh yummy! That looks fantastic!
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2005 1:27:17 PM
Author: Mara
I was gone when you posted this, sneak!

No, you weren''t. I posted it this morning, but I can easily see how you may have been too busy this morning to notice it.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s a beautiful pendant

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful pendant! Do you have any neck shots?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous pendant!!
30.gif
30.gif
I love that it''s in yellow gold. Congratulations!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Love it!
30.gif
I can only hope a halo pendant is in my future as well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah okay I am a tard for not noticing that you posted this today. Mentally still on vacation!!!
31.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out great! That halo gives it the extra *bling* you don''t see with pendants!

Neck shots are mandatory! How long is the chain?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I also had (it''s sold now) a 0.8ct H&A that looked very dark under halogene, but it had fire.
I kept it one week and upgraded to my 1.15ct H&A.
If I remember well, it was 55% table, 40.9 pavilion and 34.7 crown.

What are the specs of yours? New Line or Classic ACA?
I would guess it''s a New Line.
The fire is really breathtaking.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj
congrats, that is a beautiful pendant.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results