shape
carat
color
clarity

OK, Im in trouble and need some eternity sizing advice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys, Im in trouble because Ive acted on impulse, and now Im having buyers doubts.

But, its not to late to save the day!!!! My order hasnt been processed yet.

I am desperate for any stats on the size of your eternity band that you wear with your engagement ring and the size of the engagement ring.

I am also desperate to know if you went even bigger if you wear two eternity bands with your engagement ring.

My details are as follows: My engagement ring is 5.60 (L)....should my eternity band be made as 5.90 (L1/2) or 6.10 (M).

Because I ordered 2 eternity bands Im thinking to go 6.10 (Aussie size M) due to swelling.

I also have the option of ordering 1 band at a time, in which case 5.90 (L1/2) fits well??? Im really confused and need to confirm tomorrow.

My old engagement ring is a 6.10 (M)???

Anyway, does anyone wear a loose type eternity ring compared to their engagement ring?

Thanks Sharon

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi..

I''m in the process of ordering an eternity band too. I''m planning on ordering 1/2 size up (sz 8) from my regular ring sz (7.5). My bigger dilemma is choosing which vendor to go with. GL to you. Can''t wait to see your pics

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, its not the answer you want to hear, but I figure the only way to sort this one out is to go try things on.
Because everyone is so different, even if you do get advice from PS'ers in the same boat, it may not apply to you, KWIM?
Personally, I've found with stacking rings I need to go up half size from my regular size - but the more rings you add, usually the larger you need to go.
However, this is not with diamond, just metal bands in my situation..

Sorry, but I think a trip to the shops is in order, lol!
Btw, I thought you were going to buy O/S? Or am i getting mixed up..?
33.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:10:04 AM
Author: arjunajane
Sharon, its not the answer you want to hear, but I figure the only way to sort this one out is to go try things on.
Because everyone is so different, even if you do get advice from PS'ers in the same boat, it may not apply to you, KWIM?
Personally, I've found with stacking rings I need to go up half size from my regular size - but the more rings you add, usually the larger you need to go.

33.gif
Hi arjunajane,

sorry for the convoluted post...just reread it!!!!

First, I am going to hopefully buy os.....but for my right hand.
9.gif
11.gif

This purchase in my post is to go with my engagement ring. My engagement ring (havent posted pictures yet) is the princess that I had before, but it is now in a 7 pointer shared prong eternity band type setting. Very simple, no halo, quite delicate.

But also a touch empty by itself.
12.gif
An opportunity came about for me to buy an eternity band 3 pointers. Then I got greedy and wanted 2 for either side.
15.gif
I dont know what came over me.
33.gif

Anyway.....Ive been reading like crazy and will probably go for a size that is between L1/2 & M. eg exactly 6

Believe me, I spent a whole day trying on rings, plus I have all my dhs sizing gear....and Im still not sure.
7.gif

My finger changes size all throughout the day. I feel like Im going crazy because my new engagement ring is tight....but in winter when it was made (not long ago) it was spinning upside down all the time.

I am considering only ordering one band as my lower finger joint doesnt really have room for 3 rings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Both eternity rings that I have owned have been at least one full size larger than my ER. I wore tham on both hands. I like them to "move", but I could never wear them alone with my ER, as my left hand is smaller and they would have fallen off.

cheers--Sharon

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:20:51 AM
Author: atroop711
Hi..

I''m in the process of ordering an eternity band too. I''m planning on ordering 1/2 size up (sz 8) from my regular ring sz (7.5). My bigger dilemma is choosing which vendor to go with. GL to you. Can''t wait to see your pics
Hi, fwiw, your half size (in numbers) is equivelent to a full size up for us (letters). Oh why do they make it sooo hard!!!!

Im sorry about your wrong quote drama. Very dissappointing.

Have you looked into 14 Karats? I might check them out on my trip. Yossi, the owner rang me on my mobile and he sounded soooo nice.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:26:14 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Both eternity rings that I have owned have been at least one full size larger than my ER. I wore tham on both hands. I like them to ''move'', but I could never wear them alone with my ER, as my left hand is smaller and they would have fallen off.

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, seems like the average is to go 1 full size up from the ER...which for us is half a size on our letter scale.

I dont understand how you could wear them on both hands but they would fall off if you wore them alone with your ER.

Maybe its too late and I need sleep!!! I feel like Im having a real blonde moment asking that question
40.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:34:22 AM
Author: Sharon101
Date: 2/10/2009 7:20:51 AM

Author: atroop711

Hi..

Hi, fwiw, your half size (in numbers) is equivelent to a full size up for us (letters). Oh why do they make it sooo hard!!!!

Im sorry about your wrong quote drama. Very dissappointing.

Have you looked into 14 Karats? I might check them out on my trip. Yossi, the owner rang me on my mobile and he sounded soooo nice.

Hi! Thanks for the tip!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 9:38:17 AM

Date: 2/10/2009 9:26:14 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Both eternity rings that I have owned have been at least one full size larger than my ER. I wore tham on both hands. I like them to ''move'', but I could never wear them alone with my ER, as my left hand is smaller and they would have fallen off.

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, seems like the average is to go 1 full size up from the ER...which for us is half a size on our letter scale.

I dont understand how you could wear them on both hands but they would fall off if you wore them alone with your ER.

Maybe its too late and I need sleep!!! I feel like Im having a real blonde moment asking that question
40.gif
HI:

Well I am blonde, but not a genuine blonde so I''ll answer as best I can....
9.gif

My ETR always has to be anchored by another ring on my left hand; ER or otherwise. But as my right is larger it is secure as a stand alone.

You could get one of your ETR larger, wear it the #1 position on your left hand and it would always be anchored by your other ETR or ER. That way you could have one to wear on your right hand if you felt like it. (assuming your RH is larger like most folks....)

cheers--Sharon

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:25:27 AM

Date: 2/10/2009 9:10:04 AM
Author: arjunajane
Because everyone is so different, even if you do get advice from PS''ers in the same boat, it may not apply to you, KWIM?
Personally, I''ve found with stacking rings I need to go up half size from my regular size - but the more rings you add, usually the larger you need to go.

33.gif
Hi arjunajane,

sorry for the convoluted post...just reread it!!!!

First, I am going to hopefully buy os.....but for my right hand.
9.gif
11.gif

This purchase in my post is to go with my engagement ring. My engagement ring (havent posted pictures yet) is the princess that I had before, but it is now in a 7 pointer shared prong eternity band type setting. Very simple, no halo, quite delicate.

But also a touch empty by itself.
12.gif
An opportunity came about for me to buy an eternity band 3 pointers. Then I got greedy and wanted 2 for either side.
15.gif
I dont know what came over me.
33.gif

Anyway.....Ive been reading like crazy and will probably go for a size that is between L1/2 & M. eg exactly 6

Believe me, I spent a whole day trying on rings, plus I have all my dhs sizing gear....and Im still not sure.
7.gif

My finger changes size all throughout the day. I feel like Im going crazy because my new engagement ring is tight....but in winter when it was made (not long ago) it was spinning upside down all the time.

I am considering only ordering one band as my lower finger joint doesnt really have room for 3 rings.
Ha ha, well if you have access to all the sizing gear and still not sure, I don''t know what to advise, lol !

I feel you on the short joints thing - I don''t look any good with more than 2 small bands..

Anyways, look forward to seeing what you get
1.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
OK, thank you girls for the helpful comments.

Plus thanks to all the historical threads on this topic even going back to 2005!!!!!!

Looks like some issues never change.

Well, just to add to my delemour it turned out to be quite cold here today. So my otherwise tight er is now hanging upside down at every chance it gets. All day Im looking at the bottem of my ring!!!
41.gif

But because I have learnt so much from everyone here, I now know it has to be a compromise....or else get 2 sets of rings for Summer and Winter......
11.gif
2.gif
3.gif

So, the honest truth is that my rings are going to be all over the place depending on the weather, time of day etc etc. So I have realised that there is no size that is perfect at all times, and once again in the world of diamonds and jewellery a compromise must be made....because Im not going to have it all.

So, if I have to choose between too tight and too loose, it will have to be the latter.

End result is that my eternity ring has been ordered as a size bigger than my er (American size)...or half a size bigger for my Aussie friends here.

I only ordered one eternity band because it is risky enough ordering something that I didnt get to try on.

Anyway....thanks for sharing!!!!
35.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Both my e-ring and w-ring are the same size. My w-ring is a five stone ring with each stone being a 20 pointer. I have had no problems with the sizing of these rings, which are 4.5 each.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:24:35 AM
Author: risingsun
Both my e-ring and w-ring are the same size. My w-ring is a five stone ring with each stone being a 20 pointer. I have had no problems with the sizing of these rings, which are 4.5 each.
Ohhh so tiny!!!!

I hear what you are saying, and there are NO hard and fast rules by the sounds of things.

My old wedding set was also the same size, but bigger than my new one for some reason.

I think the shape of the ring also determines which size fit the best.....so that`s another variable.

In the end, I just sort of tossed a coin on choosing this eternity band size.....and hopefully it will be ok.

Ive gotta tell ya that I really love your set
30.gif
...I think its the one that is refered to as on steroids!!! And you are right when you said that you believed the bigger melee looks better on you....it really looks fabulous.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went up a 1/2 size with mine to be safe. HTH, can''t wait to see your''s.
1.gif
Mine is 3.18TCW.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:42:32 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I went up a 1/2 size with mine to be safe. HTH, can''t wait to see your''s.
1.gif
Mine is 3.18TCW.
Kaleigh, I have basically followed your method here. I cant wait to see it either!!!!
3.gif
36.gif

Anyway, I ordered it really quickly from a supplier to my husband. Ordered it even before my dh knew what was going on!!!!!

And, I lay 100% blame on this site for causing me to order it in the best option possible for diamond quality (that this supplier offered).
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

My dh `..you dont need to order that
29.gif
`

Me `YES I DO..........
29.gif
`

Anyway Kaleigh, almost had a heart attack looking at your oval photos....Gee that thread should have a warning!!!!
2.gif

I couldnt find anything on your beautiful eternity band. What finger size are you? Are they 20 pointers?
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results