shape
carat
color
clarity

OK I lied ... this is really my last question!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

premabs2

Rough_Rock
In the course of reading these web sites, I often see advice to the effect that you should look at the stone in shaded daylight. Why "shaded" as opposed to direct sunlight?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Broken beer bottle will sparkle in direct sunlight.
We want to see how a diamond looks in spotlights, office lights and bright daylight. Just stnd with your back to the sun.

Liar, liar ......pants on fire....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gary ... I have to tell ya something we do in the store that is (I think) amazing. We have a bench in our store that puts your back towards the window (where sunlight is coming in although not direct, unless it's sunset). There is overhead office lighting where the bench is located. If you hold the diamond down in front of you as you are sitting on the bench looking down into the stone the diamond takes on one appearance (overhead diffuse office light) and as you raise the diamond up to allow the light to come through the window (although not intense direct light) the colors that shimmy within the super ideals we carry are just incredible to observe. It is a procedure we're including as we give our cut presentations in store. You know what I'm talkin about right? It's natural light but not intense. A very nice light condition to appreciate the finer cuts.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results