shape
carat
color
clarity

ok i have found something... do i look????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh bother... whilst minding my business on pricescope this evening i closed some pages to reveal the desk top of the computer which has a file sitting on it labeled ''hawaiians diamond files'' i opened the file (that is as far as i went... and i didn''t even realise what it was by that point) and there were about 6 different files in it and 4 of them were jpegs... photos!!!! before the curiosity got the better of me i closed it and i have managed to keep myself busy with other things for about half an hour and now i am thinking about it again!!!

do i look? do i pretend i ever saw it?

how could he just put it on the desktop and not even attempt to hide it!!!!

i mean, i have seen the diamond, a few weeks ago in the shop for about 2 seconds and i was blinded by the bling... but i still want it to be some sort of suprise!!!

What would you do if you found it?

Help!!!

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
Well, I would snoop, but I would tell anyone else not to do it. But, obviously he doesn''t mind you looking at it, since he didn''t really try to hide it.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Don''t look! You don''t want to spoil the surprise!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thats a hard one!
Don''t snoop, it will ruin the surprise.
if you do snoop, play dumb and forget about it. but really, forget about it!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...I''m typically not a snooper but I did something similar on my BF''s computer just yesterday. He has a folder labeled ''ER'' that has all of the vendors in it, but there''s also something marked ''Top Picks'' which I scanned over with the mouse (didn''t open) and a FedEx tracking file (didn''t open either). I really didn''t want to ruin any surprise and snooping makes me feel really guilty.

Resist the urge to look! You could even rename the file so it says something like "Hawaiian guy''s car stuff" just to lessen the urge to snoop through the folder.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Don''t look step away from the computer and no one get hurt...
25.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no why would he leave it there~?~? Maybe he wants your input.. oh wait I think you said he already bought the diamond. Forget about it then... dont look. Maybe he dragged it to the desktop to send the images to a friend for an opinion or your sister or mom or his mom .. etc etc.. and forgot to then move the file back?

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
I am always suprised by these threads. ANY FF does NOT want you to see or know about the engagement ring, its design, order status or his proposal plans UNLESS he explicitely tells you about it. Simple as that. Coming up with reasons to still snoop (not well hidden, I have access to his e-mail account etc.) does not make it better or legit!
You just have to ask yourself whether you want to respect his wishes in such an important matter or not - no matter whether he would find out about it.
If I suspected/knew my GF was snooping (no matter what the reason) I would be disappointed and see it as a breach of trust. I know that is is tempting, but honestly, it should be a no-brainer for any LIW.
R.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 9:36:17 AM
Author: rob09
I am always suprised by these threads. ANY FF does NOT want you to see or know about the engagement ring, its design, order status or his proposal plans UNLESS he explicitely tells you about it. Simple as that. Coming up with reasons to still snoop (not well hidden, I have access to his e-mail account etc.) does not make it better or legit!
You just have to ask yourself whether you want to respect his wishes in such an important matter or not - no matter whether he would find out about it.
If I suspected/knew my GF was snooping (no matter what the reason) I would be disappointed and see it as a breach of trust. I know that is is tempting, but honestly, it should be a no-brainer for any LIW.
R.
DITTO!

I am shocked by how many of you guys want to ruin your own surprise?!

Just let him do this one thing. You get to be the center of attention when you get the ring, when you get married, when you get pregnant... can''t ya let him have his moment? The proposal is usually a guy''s time to shine. Give him some space!
3.gif

KatM

Shiny_Rock
I''m with those who say not to look. It''ll be more fun that way, and wouldn''t he be hurt to find out that you had looked?

but it also makes me wonder why he would leave it out so obviously. were it me, i would become immediately suspicious that this was some sort of trick.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Guys are silly... sometimes they dont realize that girlies notice things sooo small.

But don''t look. You know HE''S looking, I think that is what is important.

YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 9:43:24 AM
Author: elledizzy5

R.
DITTO!

Just let him do this one thing. You get to be the center of attention when you get the ring, when you get married, when you get pregnant... can''t ya let him have his moment? The proposal is usually a guy''s time to shine. Give him some space!
3.gif
I don''t think any of us are looking to sabotage the surprise of a proposal...at least I''m not! I just think curiosity is an innate human trait and some people can tame their curiosity better than others. It''s natural to be curious, and in this case, it''s way better than indifference!
1.gif

I also think the OP was half kidding and just needed some perspective (please correct me if I''m wrong!). I don''t think anyone was planning on telling her "GO AHEAD AND LOOK!!!!" and I don''t think she was expecting anyone to either.
3.gif

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
After reading rob09''s post now I feel bad for reading the proposals section...
15.gif
He makes a very good point!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I looked. I wish I hadn''t.

Be better than me.

In my defense, I didn''t look for 5 whole months!
15.gif

So it''s his fault for taking so long!!!
29.gif

12.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:46:35 AM
Author: sammyj

Date: 2/6/2009 9:43:24 AM
Author: elledizzy5

R.
DITTO!

3.gif
I don''t think any of us are looking to sabotage the surprise of a proposal...at least I''m not! I just think curiosity is an innate human trait and some people can tame their curiosity better than others. It''s natural to be curious, and in this case, it''s way better than indifference!
1.gif

I also think the OP was half kidding and just needed some perspective (please correct me if I''m wrong!). I don''t think anyone was planning on telling her ''GO AHEAD AND LOOK!!!!'' and I don''t think she was expecting anyone to either.
3.gif

I guess this is not the first time I''ve seen a post of this nature. LOL. I''ve been in LIW for a while now... (too long.. sigh... damn you, FF!!)... and this comes up a lot.

I guess I feel strongly about it. My response was not meant to attack the OP... I was just more or less trying to say that ALL LIWs should put the snooping out of their minds, regardless of whether they are half-serious, not serious or ALL serious. (And some really do snoop -- a LOT!)

My FF and I have discussed this at length, and he feels really strongly about doing this himself, and me staying out of it. I bet a lot of your FFs feel the same way. So respect it, and don''t snoop!

If you need to quench the ring gazing need, hit up SMTR! That''s what I do!
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I would stay out of it and not invade his privacy and right to a surprise for you. It will be hard to resist but you both will be happy in the end that you held off from looking at the files.

Did it occur to you that he might be testing you to see if you''ll snoop? I mean, the desktop of your computer is a pretty obvious place to leave things laying around. I wonder if he put in these hideous images to see if you would react to them.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

Oh no! This is a tough situation...

I agree with the posters who have said not to look. But to add my own spin on things, I personally would tell him. If you ''just so happened to notice it''... I would tell him just that...

''Honey, I noticed this file... I am SO tempted to look, but I want it to be a surprise.. Please take care of it :)''

That way.. if he was testing you / wanting your input he has the opportunity to voice that.. If it was an honest mistake, then he can oops, and clear it away!

Either way, by telling him and keeping that communication open - then your surprise doesn''t get ruined and you won''t be the snoop (which could bring up trust issues)!

Good luck!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t look!!!!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I would not look, tell him I didn''t look, and tell him to HIDE THE FOLDER QUICK! =)

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
no dont look or try not it. Let it be a surprise and it will be all worth it.
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOH MAN!!! It would be so incredibly hard for me not to look! I say try your best to stay away from the computer because if you are on the computer, you'd feel more obligated to eventually look. I'd stay far far away from it and leave it off.......lol

That or....tell him you saw the folder and you want it removed or renamed and hidden so that you wont be tempted to look.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Don''t look.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
i will not look! i will not look!
i will let it be a suprise! i will let it be a suprise!!!

thanks guys, i am steering clear and it feels great! plus sooooo much more exciting!!!!!!
emteeth.gif
30.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:10:28 PM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
i will not look! i will not look!
i will let it be a suprise! i will let it be a suprise!!!

thanks guys, i am steering clear and it feels great! plus sooooo much more exciting!!!!!!
emteeth.gif
30.gif

Yay I am glad you are trying to steer clear of the findings!! I think it will make the surprise that much more wonderful for both of you! You have a lot of restraint not to be able to look. :)

Soooo exciting though!!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
How do any of us know what we''d do in that situation? I have to admit, I would be tempted and I''m not sure I''d be able to restrain myself from looking. But I haven''t been in that situation, so I really don''t know. Good luck. I hope the proposal is close, because that would really kill me.

mryan

Rough_Rock
look! you know ya wanna! its right there! take just a peek! then try it on just to make sure... lol

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 5:58:54 AM
Author:hawaiianorangetree
Oh bother... whilst minding my business on pricescope this evening i closed some pages to reveal the desk top of the computer which has a file sitting on it labeled ''hawaiians diamond files'' i opened the file (that is as far as i went... and i didn''t even realise what it was by that point) and there were about 6 different files in it and 4 of them were jpegs... photos!!!! before the curiosity got the better of me i closed it and i have managed to keep myself busy with other things for about half an hour and now i am thinking about it again!!!

do i look? do i pretend i ever saw it?

how could he just put it on the desktop and not even attempt to hide it!!!!

i mean, i have seen the diamond, a few weeks ago in the shop for about 2 seconds and i was blinded by the bling... but i still want it to be some sort of suprise!!!

What would you do if you found it?

Help!!!
What would I do if I was you? Not peek, because that would open all kinds of cans of worms (snooping isn''t cool, disappointing him and yourself is not cool, maybe you''d start second-guessing the design and would worry about whether or not to tell him). Way too many potential drawbacks--doubly so if you want to be surprised!

What would I do if I was me? I would have created the folder myself since we''re buying it together, so it would be a non-issue.
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
don''t snoop

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Tell him you found the files and see what he says. Maybe he''ll want your input narrowing it down.

Tell him he might want to hide it a little better if he doesn''t want you to have a final say in the decision.

Just Be Happy- he''s healthy, he''s looking, and he may just appreciate your honesty.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m of the belief that you shouldn''t snoop. I hated not having control, and not knowing what my engagement ring would look like, but I knew I wanted the moment I saw that ring to be one of the most memorable sights in my life.

After having recently just designed a ring, and seeing it in person after seeing a pic of it, I know I would have been 1000x more excited to see it had I not seen the pic first!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results