shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, I found 2 other diamonds... please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
I also just wanted to add that I am looking for a nice cut on the diamond but I also would like it to face-up are large as possible... I am not sure how to know which diamond will face-up larger, if anyone could explain that I would really appreciate it!

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
Its like throwing darts at a dart board without pulling them in and looking at them. Most of Blueniles diamonds (except their signature diamonds) are not in house. I would stick to online vendors that actually have the diamonds in house and can personally inspect their beauty.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Rockingout, without an AGS000 grading report, it''s anybodys guess. You need info they can''t give (ASET, IS image). I know that''s not what you really want to hear, but it is the reality with BN.

Have you considered buying somewhere else and having the setting duplicated? many girls go that route.

And the diameter will tell you how big it faces up. i.e. 6.09 x 6.13

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there any particular reason why you are sticking with Blue Nile? I''m not sure if it is something you will do later on - but BN doesn''t have an upgrade policy.

Maybe try Whiteflash or Goodoldgold.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 6:14:17 PM
Author: Maisie
Is there any particular reason why you are sticking with Blue Nile? I''m not sure if it is something you will do later on - but BN doesn''t have an upgrade policy.

Maybe try Whiteflash or Goodoldgold.
1.gif
She has her heart set on one of their settings.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aaaah I see
1.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have your heart set on getting a 1.25 or bigger carat weight? The better cut will give you more sparkle even if the diamond is a smidge smaller. What about duplicating the setting somewhere else as someone else suggested?

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I know you all must think I''m crazy for not just going with WF or GOG or somewhere like that but I want a specific setting that BN has and I haven''t been able to find one I liked nearly as much anywhere else and I have checked all the other big companies.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you show us the setting you like? Maybe we can help you to find it somewhere else
1.gif

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
hikerchick, I am looking for something in the 1.25 range but it doesn''t have to be exact. I guess I could look at other companies and see if they could make one but I feel like if I can just get it from BN then I should just find a diamond there, they have a big selection, they just don''t seem to offer as much info as other companies. I just have a good feeling about BN I guess, I love the setting and every time I have called with a question they have been wonderful.
19.gif
Ahhh, what to do!

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
hikerchick, that one looks very nice but it is still GIA, what makes this different from the other GIA''s I listed?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 6:36:13 PM
Author: candlelite80
Sorry, I know you all must think I''m crazy for not just going with WF or GOG or somewhere like that but I want a specific setting that BN has and I haven''t been able to find one I liked nearly as much anywhere else and I have checked all the other big companies.
You got nothing to be sorry about . . . there is nothing wrong with buying from BN, lots of people here have been happy with their diamonds and their service . . . you just might have to work a little harder to get what you want.
Maybe you posted this before but what is your budget, color and clarity minimums?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 6:49:04 PM
hikerchick, that one looks very nice but it is still GIA, what makes this different from the other GIA''s I listed?
It is BN''s signature ideal cut . . . which I believe is supposed to be their "cream of the crop". I am not as good with princess cut numbers so I could tell you what specifically makes that one better expect BN thinks it is a better cut.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
candlelite...

I''m sorry to be repetitive, but as I said on your other thread you are just not going to get anyone to tell you that a princess stone is a sure thing based on the information that BN provides. The only exception to this rule is the AGS000 that BN carries. If you are not in a super rush, I think your patience will be rewarded if you wait for a AGS000 to come along on BN that meets your other requirements. Otherwise there is no guarantee you are going to get a spectacular stone from BN.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
hikerchick, in terms of what I am looking for I am trying to find a princess cut diamond that is around 1.25 cts. with an H or better color and a VS2 or better clarity, obviously I would like a very good cut and I don''t mind flourescence... I don''t know if there is anything else I need to include... let me know if I missed something.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
candlelite, just wondered if you had seen this setting. While it''s not exactly like yours, it''s close, and I think it could definitely be modified. I''m not trying to talk you into it, just throwing it out there.
1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Three-Side-Pave_1115.htm#

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
as Boston Jeff said, I don''t believe there is any sure fire set of numbers for princesses so the best way to know you will get a pretty diamond is to get an AGS0, however, I am positive there are plenty of gorgeous GIA graded diamonds out there but without that other information, you''d just have to take a chance. Now given your very specific vendor/setting desires, you could just take a chance with one that is a signature ideal and take advatage of the fact that they have a VERY generous return policy. If you are not going to wait for an AGS0 diamond, I would atleast stick to the Signature Ideals so you have one more "safety net"

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so say I am not expecting a sure thing, just a decent diamond, which of the 2 would you choose?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 7:46:39 PM
Ok, so say I am not expecting a sure thing, just a decent diamond, which of the 2 would you choose?
I would still search for a "signature ideal" cut instead of a very good cut, which is what the 2 you posted are . . . that is just me.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 7:46:39 PM

I would say you might be in the wrong place!!!
2.gif

Seriously, though, if you want just a decent diamond, you can go by the chart you have and Bluenile's grading and you might do OK (although I think you'd be missing out). Most of the people here do not want to settle for decently-cut diamonds, so the advice you are going to get is about how to get a really well-cut stone.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
That setting could be easily duplicated by any number of jewelers. Personally, I want the best cut I can get in a diamond. Remember, a diamond with a fantastic cut (not very good) will look bigger than a diamond with a lesser cut. For me, that means going with an AGS000. As everyone else has said, you cannot choose a princess cut without pictures and other vital info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results