shape
carat
color
clarity

OK, how do I get it off?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I have a problem that I am sure others must have. I have large knuckles and waisted fingers. I wear a size 7 on my left hand and can wear a size 7,usually, on my right hand too. However, it is a huge struggle. Once, while shopping with my granddaughter, she tried on a ring and couldn''t get it off. The sales lady showed us a technique that worked like a charm. Alas, I have forgotten it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much, Ladyasterbilt

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Windex.

Squirt your finger, rotate the ring so it coats the inside too, and you should be able to get it off pretty easily. Jewelry stores usually use this tactic because they have the window cleaner available to clean the display cases, plus it leaves the jewlery shiny too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby oil always has worked for me in the past, I suffer from the same larger knuckle than actual ring size affliction so I understand your plight. However, a lot of cleaning up is required with that tactic and I doubt if you''d want to bring baby oil into jewelers or stores and try on rings using that method! Maybe carry a portable pouch of baby wipes containing similar ingredients in your purse for those occasions? Typically jewelry stores or even department stores that carry jewelry will have an ultrasonic cleaner and can deal with the aftermath of a customer getting a ring stuck on their finger or just use it to cleanse jewlery that''s been handled frequently...HTH!

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I have heard that raising your arm above your heart also helps. The sales lady I was referring to however, just wiggled the ring with a certain maneuver over the knuckle. I sure wish I could remember what she did. A funny aside on this topic....I took my husband into Tiffanys to try on a wedding band to check the size for a ring I am having made for him. He couldn''t get it off. He doesn''t have big knuckles at all. The look on his face was priceless. He was in a total panic. Fortunately I had some hand cream with me. At last he was released but the ring was totally glopped. The man at Tiffanys was very gracious. Needless to say we made a hasty and embarrassed retreat. Ladyasterbilt

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
The "wiggle" that seems to get rings around my larger knuckles is I get the ring up to just before the place it sticks, then I tilt it pulling just the underside of the ring past the knuckle. At the same time I start pushing up from the bottom to make more clearance at the top to get it the rest of the way over. Hope that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results