shape
carat
color
clarity

OK guys, you know what tomorrow is (April 1st)...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I need some ideas...

let''s go!

20.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL - my friend''s dad really gets into the 1st. His proudest moment was meticulously coating the bar of soap in nail polish so his daughters and wife couldn''t lather up in the morning.

None of them thought it was very funny.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We will be flying to FLA tomorrow afternoon. . I will be checking in on all you you prangsters. If someone posts some big as* ring, I will not be buying it.
20.gif
Or if someone loses a stone, don''t buy that either. People here are soooo slick come April 1st.

Beware of everything!!!
35.gif
Hehe.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing here...I am just hoping that I am spared!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
FI has been having a hard time waking up in the morning.. he claims he doesn''t "hear" the alarm
20.gif
. Anyway, he works for his dad, who has not been pleased about the tardiness, so I''m frantically waking him up about an hour early and plan on getting him at least into the bathroom to brush his teeth before telling him.

My boss said that she got her sister all the way into the shower one year, but I just can''t be that mean... FI is NOT a morning person.

Last year, we were in Disney this week, and a friend told us our apartment was on fire. Completely forgetting about holiday''s while on vacation... it ended it lots of tears and frantic calls to neighbors before we could listen to his "after" message. Long story short, his apartment building caught fire about 2 months ago... I will never go overboard on April Fools jokes again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm...maybe i can fool my wife. i still have a 2 ct fake in my drawer.
31.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
my grandma''s friend did the following yesterday b/c she is gone today and her boss is gone tomorrow

She pulled him aside and said she had to tell him something important. She''s been with sears 10 years mind you. She told him she was going to have to put in her two weeks. Her family was hoping to move to a more prosperous area where her husband could take a job making more money.

Boss turned 4 shades paler, and looked very sad. Then she said, you won''t be here Thursday right? he said yes, she said and I won''t tomorrow. He said yes. She said, so happy April Fool''s day before I go.

I don''t think he''ll ever live it down

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
And SO pulled a nice one this morning and called and said he''d gotten in a car accident.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

I didn''t buy it
29.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I just thought of this sitting here at my desk- My birthday really is April fools mind you.

When you start your new job tell everyone April 1 is your b''day. Come in morning of when everyone has brought in food etc to celebrate, fix yourself a plate and tell every one "April Fools" birthday is dd/mm/yy

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:53:35 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
I just thought of this sitting here at my desk- My birthday really is April fools mind you.
Happy Birthday!! Its my dad''s birthday too!
36.gif
35.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday, Iwanna!!!!!!

My favorite April Fool''s was when I called my mom and she casually said "Oh yeah, your dad bought me a Cadillac last week" - since I''m very close with my parents and had spoken to them throughout the previous week, I called her out on her April Fool''s joke. She said "No, seriously" for awhile and then gave up. A week or two later, my Grandma called and said that my parents came to visit in their new caddy. I was totally shocked and started laughing! Turns out, mom wasn''t kidding - so I think that April Fool''s is either the best or worst day to new "news" as well!

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
First of all, Happy Birthday Iwanna!!

My boss came in this morning and said her 9 year old pranked her by stealing the soap from the shower, but I like this one much better:

Date: 3/31/2009 9:19:52 PM
Author: Elmorton
LOL - my friend''s dad really gets into the 1st. His proudest moment was meticulously coating the bar of soap in nail polish so his daughters and wife couldn''t lather up in the morning.

None of them thought it was very funny.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 11 year old daughter short-sheeted our bed last night

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday IWPO!

I am already starting to have issues with my daugther''s birthday being today (she is one!) I am not throwing a party for her. I''ve had people call today and ask me if I am doing so (or having one this weekend). I said no. They pause and say, "You''re kidding, right? April Fools?" No, I''m not joking!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My five year old niece switched the cereal boxes this morning so that when her dad pours a bowl, he''ll get his other daughter''s kiddie cereal instead.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 2:31:32 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Happy Birthday IWPO!

I am already starting to have issues with my daugther''s birthday being today (she is one!) I am not throwing a party for her. I''ve had people call today and ask me if I am doing so (or having one this weekend). I said no. They pause and say, ''You''re kidding, right? April Fools?'' No, I''m not joking!!
How come no party at all? Out here we have families that go CRAZY for the kid''s first bday. I can''t tell you how much people pay for 1st bday cupcakes...hahaa.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday IWPO !!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 3:54:50 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 4/1/2009 2:31:32 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Happy Birthday IWPO!

I am already starting to have issues with my daugther''s birthday being today (she is one!) I am not throwing a party for her. I''ve had people call today and ask me if I am doing so (or having one this weekend). I said no. They pause and say, ''You''re kidding, right? April Fools?'' No, I''m not joking!!
How come no party at all? Out here we have families that go CRAZY for the kid''s first bday. I can''t tell you how much people pay for 1st bday cupcakes...hahaa.
We''re going to dinner, just the family and will come back to open presents and have cake.

I guess I''ve seen too many people go crazy. My friend just had a first birthday for her son where the party was much nicer and more extravagant than my wedding. Restaurants are almost too low class - country clubs or hotel banquet rooms are getting to be the norm (or very fancy restaurants with elegant rooms).

It''s also considered a "money making venture." I don''t want anyone''s money. I don''t want to play hostess. I want to hang out and adore my daughter because she''s only going to care about us and the wrapping paper her presents come in.
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol TG that is what i find baffling too. the kid is 1. it can smash cake in it''s face. enjoy a $300 cake? heck no. a $1k party? open bar? heck no. def a little cray cray!! i have had parents admit to me that it''s just really about keeping up with the joneses and one upping other families.

give me a BBQ and a pinata. good for you guys.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 6:05:36 PM
lol TG that is what i find baffling too. the kid is 1. it can smash cake in it''s face. enjoy a $300 cake? heck no. a $1k party? open bar? heck no. def a little cray cray!! i have had parents admit to me that it''s just really about keeping up with the joneses and one upping other families.

Mara, we were going to do it CHEAPLY for about 1K. That''s about 70 people at 15 bucks a head at a chinese restaurant. My friend''s budget for her son? About $4000-$5000 for 80 people.

Keep in mind, it''s totally acceptable in Korean culture to expect people to bring money (it''s tradition). So those 80 people bring an average of $100 each and there''s your party, plus a few thousand for the kid''s bank account.

Many of my relatives and mother''s friends are poor and living on fixed income. All the more reason I did not want to have a party as they would feel obligated to give money they do not have.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 6:05:36 PM

ha ha ha Mara. Yep, that is what my daughter and son-in-law did for my two grandboys first birthday parties. We had a bbq. I made different kind of salads and we ate off paper plates because of the little ones. It was the best parties. Give us a BBQ any old time, the kids love it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
One year my sisters and I filled the sugar bowl with salt. My parents put it in their coffee.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results