shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok gang....I think this is IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock

Alright everyone. I think I've made a decision on all of this Engagment ring stuff (finally!). I'm gonna post all the info ONE MORE time, just so you can all reassure me and tell me I'm NOT crazy for buying this! I've spoken to several people at Jared Allen, including Darin and Jim, and I'd just like to say that they've been a absolute pleasure to deal with. They've been very informative, honest, and have taken great care of me as a "rookie rock shopper". So, here it is.....have one last look and let me know what you think! Please be honest! I appreciate this site and all of you SO much! You've all been a tremendous help and I can't thank you all enough! (Insert big SIGH here)

Here's the stone. GIA report and magnified image of the diamond is available.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1193303.asp

Here's the Ideal Scop image:

Here's the setting I think I'm gonna go with. I'm still a total novice at picking settings, but this one is "pretty".

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-1908.asp

Total Cost should come in around $4,550

#1193303.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any joy with the IS image Trig?

I like the setting, very pretty and the diamond looks good.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock

Not sure why it didn''t post? I''m going to try again. Here''s we go!

Ideal Scope:

JA1193303.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the finished product will be gorgeous!! Congratulations on navigating the waters!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 1:47:55 PM
Author: Triggerfish

Not sure why it didn't post? I'm going to try again. Here's we go!

Ideal Scope:

Looks great!!

And thanks for your very kind words, much appreciated!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks, both of you! This process has proven to be alot more stressful than I anticipated, but you all have made it MUCH easier! I really hope she likes it!
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting you picked...pictures please when you get it! Congrats!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 2:12:33 PM
Thanks, both of you! This process has proven to be alot more stressful than I anticipated, but you all have made it MUCH easier! I really hope she likes it!
1.gif
I am very glad to hear that! Goodness how could she NOT like it????

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:17:29 PM
Author: Lorelei

1.gif
LOL. I don''t know, but after all of THIS.....she BETTER like it!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 2:22:06 PM

1.gif
9.gif
Oh she will!!! I think she will be ecstatic!!!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
No one else wants to chime in?! C''mon all you diamond gurus! Whadya think?!

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
I think it all looks great, good work. Not sure why the GIA report is lacking the standard plot of inclusions, but if it is VS1 then it probably is fine. Also, the GIA is called a "GIA Diamond Dossier" instead of the standard "GIA Diamond Grading Report." Not sure what that means, but you might want to find out. If that checks out OK, then go for it, you did a great job.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Well, you may be crazy... but not for buying that one!
37.gif

Ok, bad jokes aside, the stone looks beautiful and the setting is beautiful too - Congrats!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:05:14 PM
Author: RBsearch
I think it all looks great, good work. Not sure why the GIA report is lacking the standard plot of inclusions, but if it is VS1 then it probably is fine. Also, the GIA is called a ''GIA Diamond Dossier'' instead of the standard ''GIA Diamond Grading Report.'' Not sure what that means, but you might want to find out. If that checks out OK, then go for it, you did a great job.

Hmmmmmm......good eye RBsearch! I wonder what that means? Anyone have any idea what the difference is between a GIA Grading Report and a GIA Diamon Dossier? I could call JA, but i don''t want to sound like an idiot (anymore than I''m sure I already have), and I kinda feel sorry for them. They''re probably getting quite sick of me by now!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a wnner to me and love the setting. She''ll be thrilled.
2.gif

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:22:06 PM

1.gif

9.gif

like it? she''ll LOVE it...

congrats..
2.gif

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Why am I so freakin'' nervous?! LOL

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/19/2009 4:05:14 PM
Author: RBsearch
I think it all looks great, good work. Not sure why the GIA report is lacking the standard plot of inclusions, but if it is VS1 then it probably is fine. Also, the GIA is called a 'GIA Diamond Dossier' instead of the standard 'GIA Diamond Grading Report.' Not sure what that means, but you might want to find out. If that checks out OK, then go for it, you did a great job.

RBsearch,

The GIA diamond dossier is the standard for diamonds under 1.00 carat in weight. By removing the plotting diagram (which takes the most amount of time), GIA is able to produce the reports quickly and less expensively. This saves the cutter money and ultimately the customer as well.

Since GIA dropped the plotting diagram on the dossier they replaced it with the laser inscription registry. The laser inscription can only be seen with a microscope, but is a comforting identifier for most customers.

All the best,

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
Thanks for clarifying my GIA report question. I learn something new every time I log on!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:39:39 PM
Author:Triggerfish

Alright everyone. I think I''ve made a decision on all of this Engagment ring stuff (finally!). I''m gonna post all the info ONE MORE time, just so you can all reassure me and tell me I''m NOT crazy for buying this! I''ve spoken to several people at Jared Allen, including Darin and Jim, and I''d just like to say that they''ve been a absolute pleasure to deal with. They''ve been very informative, honest, and have taken great care of me as a ''rookie rock shopper''. So, here it is.....have one last look and let me know what you think! Please be honest! I appreciate this site and all of you SO much! You''ve all been a tremendous help and I can''t thank you all enough! (Insert big SIGH here)

Hello Triggerfish! It looks like a great stone and I really like the guys at James Allen. I just wanted to take a minute to correct you on your post above. It''s not Jared Allen, but James Allen. Just a teeny typo, but in case anyone is reading this thread, it''ll help clarify where you found this pretty stone!

25.gif

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:37:24 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 2/19/2009 1:39:39 PM
Author:Triggerfish

Alright everyone. I think I''ve made a decision on all of this Engagment ring stuff (finally!). I''m gonna post all the info ONE MORE time, just so you can all reassure me and tell me I''m NOT crazy for buying this! I''ve spoken to several people at Jared Allen, including Darin and Jim, and I''d just like to say that they''ve been a absolute pleasure to deal with. They''ve been very informative, honest, and have taken great care of me as a ''rookie rock shopper''. So, here it is.....have one last look and let me know what you think! Please be honest! I appreciate this site and all of you SO much! You''ve all been a tremendous help and I can''t thank you all enough! (Insert big SIGH here)

Hello Triggerfish! It looks like a great stone and I really like the guys at James Allen. I just wanted to take a minute to correct you on your post above. It''s not Jared Allen, but James Allen. Just a teeny typo, but in case anyone is reading this thread, it''ll help clarify where you found this pretty stone!

25.gif

Ouch! Typo indeed! I''ve only been on their site about 10 million times in the last few days. You''d think I''d get it right! Sorry about that!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Whew! I am ridiculously nervous! LOL. I made the call to JA, and am waiting for them to call back so I can FINALLY make this purchase! I guess as I sit here and wait, I''m thinking of what it took to get to this point. I suppose like most people, I''ve been through some tough times over the years, financially, emotionally, realtionship-wise, etc. I think alot of that stuff had made me a bit jaded, and although I knew deep down I''d be doing this one day, I kept putting it off.....waiting for the "right" time. All the while, I think I was in a way just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for things to go wrong, as inevitably they always seemed to do. Well, this is it. It''s the right time, right now. And I''m about to do something that at times in the past, I thought would never happen for me. I know the engagement isn''t "official" until the ring is on her finger, but for me THIS is a big personal moment. THIS is when a new chapter of my life begins. We''ve been together for about 3 years now, and she''s been wanting this SO badly. I guess I''m just excited that I''m finally going to make our dreams come true. In a way I feel selfish that I made her wait so long, but I needed to come to THIS moment on MY terms. And I did. This is IT! Thanks again to all of you here! It''s been great getting to know some of you, and you''ve all been so very helpful! I''ll be sure to post pics when the day arrives!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 10:27:51 AM
Whew! I am ridiculously nervous! LOL. I made the call to JA, and am waiting for them to call back so I can FINALLY make this purchase! I guess as I sit here and wait, I''m thinking of what it took to get to this point. I suppose like most people, I''ve been through some tough times over the years, financially, emotionally, realtionship-wise, etc. I think alot of that stuff had made me a bit jaded, and although I knew deep down I''d be doing this one day, I kept putting it off.....waiting for the ''right'' time. All the while, I think I was in a way just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for things to go wrong, as inevitably they always seemed to do. Well, this is it. It''s the right time, right now. And I''m about to do something that at times in the past, I thought would never happen for me. I know the engagement isn''t ''official'' until the ring is on her finger, but for me THIS is a big personal moment. THIS is when a new chapter of my life begins. We''ve been together for about 3 years now, and she''s been wanting this SO badly. I guess I''m just excited that I''m finally going to make our dreams come true. In a way I feel selfish that I made her wait so long, but I needed to come to THIS moment on MY terms. And I did. This is IT! Thanks again to all of you here! It''s been great getting to know some of you, and you''ve all been so very helpful! I''ll be sure to post pics when the day arrives!
Its been our pleasure helping you, it is because of such nice posters like yourself that some of us have stayed here for so long, as we truly get a lot of joy from helping. THANK YOU for letting us be part of it!!!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:40:33 AM

Whew! I am ridiculously nervous! LOL. I made the call to JA, and am waiting for them to call back so I can FINALLY make this purchase! I guess as I sit here and wait, I''m thinking of what it took to get to this point. I suppose like most people, I''ve been through some tough times over the years, financially, emotionally, realtionship-wise, etc. I think alot of that stuff had made me a bit jaded, and although I knew deep down I''d be doing this one day, I kept putting it off.....waiting for the ''right'' time. All the while, I think I was in a way just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for things to go wrong, as inevitably they always seemed to do. Well, this is it. It''s the right time, right now. And I''m about to do something that at times in the past, I thought would never happen for me. I know the engagement isn''t ''official'' until the ring is on her finger, but for me THIS is a big personal moment. THIS is when a new chapter of my life begins. We''ve been together for about 3 years now, and she''s been wanting this SO badly. I guess I''m just excited that I''m finally going to make our dreams come true. In a way I feel selfish that I made her wait so long, but I needed to come to THIS moment on MY terms. And I did. This is IT! Thanks again to all of you here! It''s been great getting to know some of you, and you''ve all been so very helpful! I''ll be sure to post pics when the day arrives!
Its been our pleasure helping you, it is because of such nice posters like yourself that some of us have stayed here for so long, as we truly get a lot of joy from helping. THANK YOU for letting us be part of it!!!
Thanks Lorelei! You are truly a diamond in the rough!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 10:46:47 AM

Date: 2/20/2009 10:40:33 AM

Thanks Lorelei! You are truly a diamond in the rough!
2.gif
* blush...* You are too kind, thank you!
12.gif

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
(Insert HUGE sigh of relief here) Well, it''s done! My order has been placed and expected arrival is next Thursday! Now, everyone just cross your fingers for me that it looks as beautiful as I hope!

P.S. Waiting sucks! LOL
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 11:31:30 AM
(Insert HUGE sigh of relief here) Well, it''s done! My order has been placed and expected arrival is next Thursday! Now, everyone just cross your fingers for me that it looks as beautiful as I hope!

P.S. Waiting sucks! LOL
2.gif
YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

LOL - waiting does suck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results