shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh the QUESTIONS! Tension ring advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kgbkiller

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all the regulars on this board. This site has been very informative. These are my current conclusions in my epic diamond search...

Cut: Most important factor. I think I am out of the eight star league unfortunately. I’ve got a somewhat working grasp of what constitutes a “good cut” in terms of measurables. However, despite the angles people quote, it is often still be subjective.

Color: G or above. I’m pretty set on this.

Clarity: VS1 or above. I am willing to go SI1 if need be. In particular, I find “feathers” to be pretty off putting just as a preference. If I were to get an SI1 I would give it a pretty careful inspection on how readily the defects are visible to my naked eye. However, I am still comfortable with an SI1.

Carat: .75 or above. I think with the GAI tension settings I am enamored with (style tension 7 on your site, or perhaps style 5) the size is not particularly important. I’d rather have a diamond that catches more light, and has a better color.

Now, on to my three questions;

1) 0.71cts G-SI1 GIA D:61.7% T:55% Polish/Symmetry: Very-Good $2,500.

Just on these stats, seem like a good price? From a brick and mortar. I don''t want to do the internet approach.

2) Do you think a .71 ct will look good in this GAI setting? What would be a good size?
ten07.jpg

3) Has anyone had any experience with http://www.dimendscaasi.com in Chicago?

kgbkiller

Rough_Rock
Let me add that they are asking 1,900 for the setting. Budget is a concern. I feel odd posting how much my limit is...

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Firstly, let me say that you'll need more info on the stone like crown and pavillion angles for anyone here to give you any kind of assessment on the cut, though comparing with stones on pricescope for the color/clarity you gave the price sounds fair.

I think this setting would be great for that size stone since it narrows towards the center. Most tension settings I've seen are very thick and heavy looking and overpower the diamond they are supposed to showcase, but that doesn't look like the case here. Perhaps you can find out what size stone is shown in this pic to give you a better idea of how .71 would look.

There was a post the other day from someone who was very pleased with his experience at dimendscaasi:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-ring-wedding-band.9286/

kgbkiller

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link. Glad to read this.

Unfortunately I don't have the angles on the rock. I'm going to see it later next week. I just love the setting, but it's really expensive. As a result It really limits my diamond budget,but I'm glad you seem optimistic re size.

Good idea re finding out the carat on the demo. He has one in store too, which will help. Thanks again fuffi.

Does anyone on this forum have a similar tension ring? And with what size ct?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
GAI does not set all diamonds. They are inspected for stress and inclusions, and they reccomend SI 1 or better... Not all SI 1's could be adequate... I'd look at VS 2's too! Maybe a good H color.
1.gif

Tension settings are GORGEOUS... Excellent choice!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results