shape
carat
color
clarity

OGI-Sarin... Pavilion Angles... uh-oh!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlphaRex1

Rough_Rock
As a follow up to a post from last week. Based on the sage advice of the generous forum participants I had the diamond I was poised to buy sent off for a Sarin analysis. However, an OGI report came back to me... I have read through this site that OGI tends to be less accurate on pavilion angles, but I can't find any mention of degree of error. Does any one know the accuracy of the OGI machines in relation to pavilion angles (+/- x degrees).

Anyway,here is the diamond with all info, does it seem ok to you all?

Round Br
wt: .76
Color: E
Clarity: VS(1)
dimentions: 5.89-5.94-3.56
Table: 59.9%
Depth: 60.2%
Crown: 34.1 degrees
Pavilion: 40.8
Culet: 0.3
girdle: 1.5%
Price: $3,300

Thanks again everyone! :wavey:

jtaylr77

Rough_Rock
In TIC range. What is the symmetry and cut? If those are good then it looks like a winner.

AlphaRex1

Rough_Rock
Polish/Sym: VG/VG...

The cut advisor likes those numbers, but can I trust OGI for the pavilion angle?

This is what I am basing my question on: "The Ogi system measures dimensions more accurately but then extrapolates crown and pavilion angles. In the same way that Sarin have limitations measuring dimensions, Ogi are less reliable at measuring angles, especially pavilion angles. Any very small culet tends to lead to an understatement of pavilion angle."

Thanks!
Mike

:read:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results