shape
carat
color
clarity

Officially 2 dress bride. Grrrr ***PICS***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candctroll

Rough_Rock
Okay we are on a really strict budget. I found this dress for $120 and loved it at the time.
1IMG_1836.jpg

1IMG_1835.jpg

Well today I went to Goodwill to look for a dress for the reception, cruise etc and found this dress for $12.99! Yep that''s $12.99!

1IMG_1851.jpg

1IMG_1852.jpg

1IMG_1854.jpg

I still have the receipt for the first one and could take it back but I am not sure...

So girls which one? Dress 1 or Dress2?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the first one. It seems to flatter your figure more than the second one.

Incredibles deals! You are a bargain maven!!!
36.gif

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
100% the first dress! It looks beautiful on you!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote #1 ... assuming you''d get it taken in a little at the bust & wear a (padded?) structured strapless bra. You might even be able to lose the spaghetti straps which don''t add much to the overall "look".

#2 fits you very well & is a great bargain ... but I fear it may veer toward Storybook Princess. Like Snow White Gets Hitched or something. Over Sweet.

#1 has the potential to be beautiful & elegant & even SEXY ... #2 is soley Sweet & maybe even a wee bit dated-looking.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think #1 looks better on you.

cara

Ideal_Rock
I really strongly prefer #1. Yes it looks like you could use a more structured undergarmet. Maybe a little shortening of the straps, alterations to fit the torso a tad better. (but I thin you should keep the straps. It helps with the proportions.)

#2 definitely needs alterations to make the sleeves fit a little better and it makes your bust blend into your torso in addition to looking shiny and like it might have cost $12 from goodwill. Sorry. You asked.

candctroll

Rough_Rock
I really am torn between the two. Grrrrr. $12.99 was too good to pass up now I am wishing I had left it at the store and not even brought it home. The problem is I wasn''t even wedding dress shopping. I was shopping for little cruisy dresses for the honeymoon. (Which I did get one of those for $4.99!)

candctroll

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 1:38:58 PM
Author: cara
I really strongly prefer #1. Yes it looks like you could use a more structured undergarmet. Maybe a little shortening of the straps, alterations to fit the torso a tad better. (but I thin you should keep the straps. It helps with the proportions.)

#2 definitely needs alterations to make the sleeves fit a little better and it makes your bust blend into your torso in addition to looking shiny and like it might have cost $12 from goodwill. Sorry. You asked.
Yep I did ask. Now I am leaning more toward #1 again. You guys are great. and I have the receipt so I can even take the goodwill one back! Though for that price I would rather give it to someone who might need it.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Number 1 if you get alterations and undergarments. #2 looks dated right now...makes me think of dresses about 10-15 years ago. But I like the white color of dress #2 on you better. Honestly, I''d return both and keep looking.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
while i can see why you''d be tempted by the $12.99 dress, i think it needs to go back to goodwill. the first one is much more flattering and shows off your small waist. with some minor alterations (straps shortenend, torso fitted) and a shaping undergarment the first one will not look like a "bargain" at all. it''s beautiful.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness, #1 all the way!!!!

altho you got a great deal at 12.99, your first dress was reasonably priced as and looks fantastic on you!!! (yes, with a few alterations)

#1 #1 #1 10000000%

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta agree with everyone else and say #1.. No Doubt!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
First dress, hands down!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number 1 for sure. You could always keept he 12.99 one around for a halloween costume or something though, it''s a bargain.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree-I think number one looks great on you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
first, no question. the 2nd looks seriously dated and unless you are doing a dated themed kinda wedding then i''d stick with #1.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Bluntly:

dress #1: Beautiful!
dress #2: Frumpy!

Aussie : p

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Honey, Honey don''t be torn... #1 ALL THE WAY!!

my brutally honest opinion...

#2 is a very dated look and doesn''t do anything for shaping your figure...
#1 has beautiful lines, very nice side gathering and detailing.
If you like the off the shoulderness of #2, I would suggest getting some satin low slung straps added ( I am looking for a pic...)
but please, don''t just wear #2 bc it was so cheap..this is your wedding dresss and 100bucks is a steal too!!!

when I first read you paid that lilttle for dress #1, I was like, "wow that''s awesome"!

this is just my humble 2 cents.
17.gif

candctroll

Rough_Rock
I posted on 2 seperate message boards and #1 won by a landslide! Now I need to find the right undergarments and work on the straps some and maybe find a veil

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely-positively #1!!
jen

wendybird

Rough_Rock
put me down for #1 too!!

You could take dress #2 to the alterations lady and maybe fix the sleaves? I think that''s what makes it look "dated"

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Without a Doubt #1 (with alterations) - you wear it well.

Unfortunatly, the second dress wears you
7.gif

GL! ~ and great finds!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for #1. dress #2 looks like its from the early 90''s. 90210 style.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 3:29:20 PM
Author: Mara
first, no question. the 2nd looks seriously dated and unless you are doing a dated themed kinda wedding then i''d stick with #1.
100% agree.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 5:47:03 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
i vote for #1. dress #2 looks like its from the early 90''s. 90210 style.
I can vouch for this...I worked in a formal dress department in 1991-1993, and that style of dress was rampant back then.

#1!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m happy you chose #1 but I was thinking.....maybe you can use #2''s material for another dress of some sort? It looks like the fabric might be nice.......who knows?!!!

SOOOOO glad you chose #1...did I say that already?

candctroll

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 8:53:46 PM
Author: So_happy
I''m happy you chose #1 but I was thinking.....maybe you can use #2''s material for another dress of some sort? It looks like the fabric might be nice.......who knows?!!!

SOOOOO glad you chose #1...did I say that already?
I am going to take #2 to my mother (who has made a few wedding dresses in the past) and we are going to play with it and see what we can come up with. I sent her the pics and her response was I like them both...why don''t you have two weddings. Grrrrr!?!?!
26.gif
Someone else had mentioned sleeveless with s sash. We might try that to see how it looks.
Definitely keeping on though. But we are having 1 wedding, 2 receptions and doing a 7 day cruise so I am sure I can find somewhere to wear it, if it turns out alright.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I agree completely, #1 looks gorgeous on you - but if you''re set on #2 I think it could look good if you made it into a strapless dress and added a sash in one of your colors and did basic alterations to fit it to your waist, bust, etc.. Like you said, there are millions of ways to play around with dresses, and if you and your mom can sew go for it - after all it was only 12.99
41.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
#1 for me too, #2 is too shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results