shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC rescue misision! See the results!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I had been stalking this ring for a while bc I loved the stones. I knew most of them were old cuts and fireballs. But I also knew one of the bigs ones was an ugly duckling. I never intended to wear the ring as is, but my hubby urged me to consider it before I dismantled it. Here is a picture of before.
image_938.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first rescue is my favorite. It is a 3 stone ring. The center stone is a 1.08 oec and the color and clarity are amazing! It is not certified but to my eyes it is gorgeous. Here it is surrounded by two .26 stones that were also rescued. Tcw on size 6 finger is 1.64. image_947.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My second rescue was a bit disappointing when compared to the oec but I was prepared for what I had dubbed the ugly duckling. I decided to set it in a pendant as it has visible inclusions. Here it is weighing 1.04 carats.
image_951.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nala, I absolutely love your 3-stone ring! It is gorgeous. What a posive difference both of your rescues are!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my last rescue will consist of creating a cuff or a ring with the rest of the little stones. They are all oec's and I can either make a graduated ring or a cuff which will weigh over 1 carat. So excited about all of my makeover! Thanks for letting m share!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nala - I love what you did with this! I just commented on your other thread not realizing you already rescued these stones. That center stone in the three-stone ring is AMAZING!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY cool projects!!!! LOVE the ring!!!! Enjoy!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138|1468516630|4055432 said:
Nala - I love what you did with this! I just commented on your other thread not realizing you already rescued these stones. That center stone in the three-stone ring is AMAZING!!

Same here...as much as I hate dismantling vintage jewelry, this one truly needed a Fairy God Mother and you were it! That 3
stone ring is to die for! And the pendant, who is going to get that close to see the inclusions??? Any plans for some of the
smaller stones?

Edit
Doh...just saw your plans for some of the other stones! Carry on... :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the 3 stone ring, especially! Beautiful OEC center stone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always you are moving fast Nala! What a great rescue!!!
Both pieces are beautiful. I especially love your amazing 3-stone ring.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love this! That three stone is especially stunning. Congrats!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
That 3 stone is STUNNING!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - gorgeous! I had no idea you planned to dismantle the original ring. What wonderful transformations!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, that three stone is AMAZING. I've been admiring the pic in the Diamond Eyecandy sidebar and thinking how pretty the faceting and pastel reflections are. I love your rescue! It's such a good use of decent stones that were in a horrible setting.

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
I love the three-stone ring! Beautiful transformation!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to all! I can't wait to post an update on this thread when I do my last project!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you did the rescue! :appl:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is some transformation :love: ! Gorgeous ring and congratulations on having the vision to see the potential in such an outdated although vintage ring. My eyes bugged when I saw your ring in the Show Me the Bling thread and was hoping you'd have details. The diamonds are the star whereas they got lost in the old ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness you rescued those stones from that setting! I adore the three stone. Perfect proportions!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicely done! I love the three stone, and I have to say that's one heck of an ugly duckling in your pendant!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful transformations! The three stone is TDF!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the most recent compliments!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, that is an amazing transformation. Add me to the list of people in love with your 3 stone. :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice rescue! No one will notice the inclusions on the pendant. Your ring is stunning.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy and April!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to share my last project. I created a 7 stone band with the remaining stones. I still have a few baby ones left over-- lol. This band's tcw is 1.30.
image_1038.jpg
image_1039.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_1040.jpg
The stones are the same color as my 3 stone but look a lot warmer in yellow gold!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
All three of these rescues are amazing, Nala!!! :love: Love each piece! They are all gorgeous.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your latest rescue as well Nala!! Great choices. I love that you gave the existing stones a new chance and that you had such stunning pieces created. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results