shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Just interested in opinions here.

If you were buying an OEC, would you be more likely to go for a lower colour such as a J or a K so as to get that lovely warmer look.

Or if you could have an identical stone in a D,E,F colour range would that be more attractive.

Most of the OECs I see tend to be lower in colour and I''''m wondering if this is an integral part of the charm - or if higher colours would be more desirable if they were more available.

Hope that makes sense....

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I prefer warmer colored stones in general, so I'd opt for a warmer OEC. I really want one!

I currently wear a K.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It would depend on how well cut the stones in question were. I''ve seen plenty of better color old cuts (D-H) that couldn''t hold a candle to my I ering stone so no, I wouldn''t trade my I color for a better color if the rest of the C''s weren''t better than what I had. But...if I had my choice between identical characteristics in terms of fire, brilliance, scintillation and the choice was between a D-H or a I-M, I''d go for the former probably. I wouldn''t seek out a warmer stone on purpose is what I''m saying. But that said, my I doesn''t look like an I to most people, more like an H at worst so...it''s all in how each stone performs on it''s own really.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a beautiful OEC last weekend that was a J. I loved absolutely everything about it...except for the color. I always thought I''d appreciate the warmth that so often accompanies antique stones, but apparently not. I''ve noticed most of the stones I''m drawn to range from F-H in color.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks - exactly the kind of info I was looking for:

If there was a row of OECs absolutely identical in every way except for colour would people opt for higher over lower or vice-versa...

Personally I just wish there were more like Surfgirl''s transitional around...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
What would the stone be used for?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 6:37:47 PM
Author: Pandora II
Thanks - exactly the kind of info I was looking for:

If there was a row of OECs absolutely identical in every way except for colour would people opt for higher over lower or vice-versa...

Personally I just wish there were more like Surfgirl''s transitional around...
Yeah, you summed it up perfectly...all things being equal, which they rarely are!

Hmmmmm, I sure could use the money right about now...How much could I get to have someone analyze the angles and %s of my precious and re-create it? Wait a minute, didn''t we talk about this before Pandora?!
31.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Just casual interest...
27.gif

You are soooo suspicious Surfgirl.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results