shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC pin

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I snagged this pin from a vendor on RubyLane. They said it was an OEC but I've never seen an oval one before. They estimate that it's .85cts, M and I1. The pinstem is stamped BIRKS and 18k. The I1 is a fairly sizable carbon spot plus a few carbon specks. The big spot is readily apparent in pictures and through the loup but fortunately my eyesight is crap and I can't easily see them. The stone fluoresces yellow a bit so it looks pretty yellow in the sun.

kiz-oecpin.jpg

kiz-oecpin2.jpg

kiz-oecpin3.jpg

kiz-oecpin4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
You can see the carbon spot really easily in this picture plus 2 reflections of it.

kiz-oecpin5.jpg

kiz-oecpin6.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Looks like an OMC to me

I think it's purdy, carbon spot or no.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like it too! It's really pretty. Will you wear it as a pin or reset it?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I like it, that will look lovely on a winter coat!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet, that's a really cool piece.

I wish these ways of wearing diamonds would make a comeback.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just so pretty Kismet, I really love it. I love the oval shape, very cool.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Are you going to keep it as a pin? It would be perfect as a pendant if you wanted to switch it up!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Love it... beautiful!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! It is quite pretty despite the inclusions. I'll probably have the pin stem removed and put a bail on it to wear it as a pendant. I'm kind of torn about it though since it is only marked on the pin stem. On the other hand, I never wear anything with a lapel to wear it on, even my winter coat has a more mandarin type collar than a lapel type collar.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful!! I love the shape and the color. With vintage cuts I find I too am much more tolerant of inclusions or chips that I may not be with a modern cut stone. For me, vintage cuts are all about the emotion they elicit, and this one makes me swoon!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's lovely!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! I also love the shape and the color...what are your plans for this new beauty?

Edit - I see that you plan to make a pendant out of it...I should read all the post before I comment!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty and I think it's a great idea to turn it into a pendant.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is awesome. Because of the asymmetry of the stone, I think it is an Old Mine Cut. Great find!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's really stunning and would make a beautiful pendant. Good pull!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yep, definitely an OMC or antique cushion, whichevre :bigsmile: I adore the setting! It's gonna look great as a pendant. Good find!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it is beautiful. I think it would make a lovely pendant if you want to re-set it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I think I'm going to see if I have a chain fine enough to fit through the slot on the side. That way I wouldn't even have to attach a bail.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I love this pin!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful pin, Kismet! Maybe your jeweler can use the part of the pin stem that has the stamp for the back of the bail on the new piece? There has got to be a way to incorporate the stamp in the piece. It is a lovely stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results