Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 1.96 J SI2 OEC

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Fellow pricescopers,
Looking for some opinions and advices. I'm in the process of bying a stone from Erica and Grace. Working with Grace is such a great experience, but that is a subject for the post on its own.

I'm looking for something in the area of $10,000.
There are two main contenders at this point of time. But no matter how many times I come back and look at the pictures and videos, i cannot make a decision. To be exact I kind of made my decision already and even let Grace know about it, but i keep evaluating the second option.
Here are the stones:

1.81 M Transitional in a gorgeous setting

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...amond/19566443_WvnPGL#!i=1532642216&k=r5t9qZL

2.20 N/O OEC

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...n-Cut/20930461_PfJ8tF#!i=1662614472&k=Qx2KHC7

Here is video made for some other customer who considered the same two stones. Grace pointed me to that video, so I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here.

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...20-ct/21142087_JDbVJ7#!i=1681990418&k=zTbJ5pK

I'll try to create a poll, so please vote.
There is also a 1.97 J SI2 OEC. But I'm not sure about the patter of the facets on it and clarity. I"ll add to the poll anyway.
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...n-Cut/20930461_PfJ8tF#!i=1662614472&k=Qx2KHC7

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I loooooooove the transitional ring. It is delicious :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no way I could choose without seeing those in person. Both look like they have good potential, though!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also would have to see them in person.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with DS and Kenny. You would have to see those in person first (they have a great return policy and will work with you). The 1.81 is gorgeous and I almost bought that one myself, but decided on a OEC for the facet pattern. I'm sure you've thought about this, but one advantage to getting the 1.81 is that you get the ring also, not just the loose stone (and I'm not trying to assume anything about budget), but sometimes that's what makes the deal.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me its between the two OECs so I'd go with the J because its better color and I like its cushiony shape. But you should see your choices in person.

Not a fan on that tranny at all.

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your replies.
I think that the N/O OEC is out of the options. Too tinted. M is the lowest i can go in antique cuts.
SparklyOEC, your new OEC is simply beautiful. Did you see the tranny in person? And yes, you right about getting a whole ring with tranny. I like that setting and it's probably the reason my eyes see that stone as the prettiest out of three.

DreamerD, I might end up with J. Waiting for Grace to contact be back, so I can confuse her more with my endless questions :twirl: .

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused. The 2.2 N/O is a link to the 1.96 (same as bottom link where it is said to be 1.97).

What am I missing?

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
InnaR|1328463159|3119569 said:
Thank you all for your replies.
I think that the N/O OEC is out of the options. Too tinted. M is the lowest i can go in antique cuts.
SparklyOEC, your new OEC is simply beautiful. Did you see the tranny in person? And yes, you right about getting a whole ring with tranny. I like that setting and it's probably the reason my eyes see that stone as the prettiest out of three.

DreamerD, I might end up with J. Waiting for Grace to contact be back, so I can confuse her more with my endless questions :twirl: .

Thank you, Inna. ::) I haven't seen them in person (just drooled over the videos, ha ha). If you're truly interested in the OEC, but love the 1.81 setting, perhaps you can buy the OEC diamond and the setting from the 1.81 if the OEC would fit in it? I believe they'll do that if the stone will work with the setting.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm finding that I like the faceting of a transitional more and more all the time. :love: But I'm not sure that I could live with an M. I'm finding like the others have said that old cuts really need to viewed in person. I'm always so amazed when other PS post their amazing OECs and trannys, I'm always in awe of how well they selected. For me though, I'd have to see the stones, and probably side by side for a comparison.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i voted for the J! from the vids it looks like the best of all worlds - nice faceting, light play and great color. i like the N/O better than tranny but i see that's too low in color for you. something about the faceting under the table in the tranny is distracting to my eye.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
have you checked out www.oldworlddiamonds.com ?
Just more options.
EGL will be about 2-4 shades off...so a K would actually be an MN etc
I saw an old mine cut and EGL EURo gave it an I EGL USA gave it a J and GIA gave it an M ...whoa!

This one looks really nice (on paper):
K VS1 1.96c.
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=2157&SHAPE=EU

Of the 3 you chose on erica grace: If you cannot view the diamonds in person ask erica which she would choose as the better diamond.

I love the small tables and high crowns. If you can see her flesh through the stone then it is "windowed" and leaking light. Find a stone that does not do this....IMO it will be a better cut/make. Seems to me the J would be the better make of the 3. But as to brilliance and scintillation ask Erica as she is seeing them in person.

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Christina... said:
I'm finding that I like the faceting of a transitional more and more all the time. :love: But I'm not sure that I could live with an M. I'm finding like the others have said that old cuts really need to viewed in person. I'm always so amazed when other PS post their amazing OECs and trannys, I'm always in awe of how well they selected. For me though, I'd have to see the stones, and probably side by side for a comparison.

Christina, i'm the same. The more i keep looking at the video of the tranny the more i feel drawn to it. I know that the facetting seems kind of wonky and it's an EGL M (and i prefer to stay in the J-K range for antique cuts), but there is something about the way the pictures and video make it looks like it sparks and glows for the inside. I'll probably will still get it, at least to see it with my eyes before switching to the J.

ariel144 said:
have you checked out www.oldworlddiamonds.com ?
Just more options.
EGL will be about 2-4 shades off...so a K would actually be an MN etc
I saw an old mine cut and EGL EURo gave it an I EGL USA gave it a J and GIA gave it an M ...whoa!

This one looks really nice (on paper):
K VS1 1.96c.
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=2157&SHAPE=EU

Of the 3 you chose on erica grace: If you cannot view the diamonds in person ask erica which she would choose as the better diamond.

I love the small tables and high crowns. If you can see her flesh through the stone then it is "windowed" and leaking light. Find a stone that does not do this....IMO it will be a better cut/make. Seems to me the J would be the better make of the 3. But as to brilliance and scintillation ask Erica as she is seeing them in person.

Ariel, thank so much for advices. I did work with Adam couple of times. I even purchased a 1.43 G OMC from him for my mom. And while i find him very easy to work with, i found it's kind of odd, that every time i picked a stone based on the picture and numbers on his website he suggested on a different one that was not listed.
He doesn't have a trade up policy and Erica/Grace do have one and so it makes me want to give my business to them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328404837|3119244 said:
There's no way I could choose without seeing those in person. Both look like they have good potential, though!
'
ditto, can you ask if they can send both to you? Or get more pics with them side by side?

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for participating in my poll. Just emailed Grace with my final choice (for now :twirl: ).
As always all of your opinions were very helpful and are very appreciated.
Will post in SMTB when get it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results