shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC melee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

This might be a stupid question, but is there such a thing as doing the tiny melee on the band with OEC''''s? I want my band to be about 1.6 mm and was wondering if it even matters which type of melee is used since it is so tiny. My center stone is an OEC, which I love, so I would want the melee to match.

Thanks!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
They would be too small to really matter as far as OEC.

You might look into single cuts, as some believe they have a little more sparkle in the tiny melee.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, most antique rings with OEC center stones used single cut melee. That would be period-correct for an OEC center stone. Leon Mege sources them and works with them when requested, but it''s slightly more expensive than going with full cut I believe. Or an antique setting with melee intact should have single cut depending on the era.

It does make a subtle difference. Single cut has larger facets so you see nice big flashes of fire. My single cuts look fierier than similar size full cut melee- they have more of a subtle glitter.

I''ve seen smallish OECs but not really melee size that I can recall.

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate your replies. Single cuts it is!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 4:51:01 PM
Author: ashalauren
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate your replies. Single cuts it is!

I don''t have anything to add to the excellent advice above but wanted to say...

kewl I love single cuts!

decolady

Rough_Rock
Single cut''s are the best.. and even better with antique diamonds.. can''t wait to see the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results