shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC desire - am I asking for too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Juliet

Rough_Rock
After learning the 5 C''s and patiently waiting or the "right time"...the time is near. My husband re-enlisted as an Army Reservist and from the bonus he''s being given we are getting my e-ring. We tend to do thngs a little backwards...we lived together, then bought a home, then got married and are now getting the e-ring.
9.gif
I know what I want, but I''m wondering if it''s impossible. This is how I describe the diamond I want:

OEC or transition cut

Looks white - it''s going to be set in a white gold ring

Eye clean

No to small culet - the only thing that bother''s me about the older cut is seeing the "hole" in the middle

Size? The largest I can get keeping afore mentioned criteria in mind and a $4500 limit.
2.gif

Does this exist? Where? How do I see it in person?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2005 11:46:1 PM
Author:Juliet

Does this exist? Where? How do I see it in person?
Sure they exist
2.gif
If a local jeweler cannot provide, you might want to track down some options online: it is expected that you get to see detailed pictures before the piece is shipped and the option to return it in case you do not like the piece in person.
34.gif

Judging from the couple dozen listings in Pricescope''s database matching your description... it can''t be hard to find one.

Juliet

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ana. You would think I would''ve tried the database.
20.gif
I guess I was too tired to really think last night.
emembarrassed.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
A similar question was recently asked and a member here sugggested contacting Single Stone in Los Angeles or Oldminer (Dave Atlas) either of whom may be able to direct you to a jeweler who can help.

Personally, I think you''ll find a diamond you like but may have to wait a while.

Good luck.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Juliet,

I was looking for some OECs as well and found some on www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com and www.whiteflash.com. I didn''t check blue nile and some other vendors that are listed on PS though. Also there are no pictures on those sites so I was hesitant to buy. I would suggest asking around for local shop that has a good reputation in older pieces and older cut diamonds.

Good luck with your search
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2005 12:34:18 AM
Author: snow_happy
Also there are no pictures on those sites so I was hesitant to buy.
True enough... but... OEC are not the speciality of either WF of DCD - these guys mostly sell and show ideal cut rounds.

It would not be feasible to list pics of all the virtual inventory, but pics are made upon inquiry. It happened before for fancy cuts.

Not that I have any reason to defend these two shops: the same scenario would apply to many other www shops, as well as locals. Usually they can source allot more than what''s listed on the site. If there''s a "deal" somewhere, it makes sense to ask for the full list of specs rather than just pass.

Just my 0.2, of course.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
valeria,

you are right of course :) I am *personally* not buying the diamond and the ring just giving subtle (ok not to subtle) hints to my bf so I didn''t want to contact the vendors for pics and exact specifications. My bf said that he went to look at some OEC''s in person and they seemed "too bubbly" [:shrug:] and it''s ultimately his decision.
1.gif

thanks for your comments
9.gif

Juliet

Rough_Rock
I found a local jewler who will have stones brought in for me to see. I think it''s the best way for me to go. I''m too finicky to shop online I think. If this doesn''t work...I''m going right to the source...Old Miner
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results