shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC 8mm Blue Zircon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been an admirer of OECs for sometime, however I could not justify getting one in diamond.
When @CHRISTY-DANIELLE decided to sale this OEC blue Zircon, I jumped to the chance as I like Zircons, especially blue ones.

It arrived today and is gorgeous. :kiss2: :kiss2::kiss2:

Pics of the stone in different lighting conditions.

20200713_103047.jpg
20200713_102052.jpg

So happy, and thanks @CHRISTY-DANIELLE for selling and sending it to me!

I shall post ring designs I have in mind for this stone from the laptop later.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Below are the inspiration ring designs for this stone.

As listed as a complete ring at Ivory and Rose:

Ivory&Rose#2.JPG

s-l1600 (1).jpg

3713-unusual-sapphire-and-diamond-cluster-ring-1549-12-650_0_98.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided on the Ivory and Rose setting, and the brief has been sent to the bench, to be made after my JW Rubellite Tourmaline ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy! Dare I say Bluelicious ❤️
Can’t wait to see your gorgeous bluetiful new ring.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy! Dare I say Bluelicious ❤
Can’t wait to see your gorgeous bluetiful new ring.

Hopefully, both rings will be ready before the year is out!

Still have one more installment to go for the diamond tennis bracelet, then 2 for the Rubellite, and I am hoping I can do this one with just one payment.

In theory, I can probably pay all of these in one go, however, I want to be good and stick to my so-called monthly bling budget that I appear to be breaking on regular basis!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully, both rings will be ready before the year is out!

Still have one more installment to go for the diamond tennis bracelet, then 2 for the Rubellite, and I am hoping I can do this one with just one payment.

In theory, I can probably pay all of these in one go, however, I want to be good and stick to my so-called monthly bling budget that I appear to be breaking on regular basis!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

Instead of looking at it as a monthly bling budget why not make it a yearly bling budget? That way perhaps it will all work out in the end. :)

And if nothing else you’ll have beautiful bling to enjoy.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of looking at it as a monthly bling budget why not make it a yearly bling budget? That way perhaps it will all work out in the end. :)

And if nothing else you’ll have beautiful bling to enjoy.

That had been exceeded for 2020 back in February, blew the lot and more with JW alone!!! :roll2: :lol-2:

As I said, I am "trying" to be good, and am failing big time!

I have to hide my purchases from my mum when I go to Vancouver next year, otherwise I would hear no end of it!

DK :lol-2:

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I presume it was posted from the US to the UK. Could you tell me how much shipping was for the zircon? Was it FedEx Tracked? Because I'm getting widely different quotes from other PSers when I want to buy preloved stuff. One was almost $150, one was $50.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That had been exceeded for 2020 back in February, blew the lot and more with JW alone!!! :roll2: :lol-2:

As I said, I am "trying" to be good, and am failing big time!

I have to hide my purchases from my mum when I go to Vancouver next year, otherwise I would hear no end of it!

DK :lol-2:

I agree about not discussing bling purchases with mothers. In order to keep a peaceful and calm relationship things of that matter are often best left quiet if you kwim and I know you do. LOL we are always their little girls I guess and they always feel they know best.

As for being good you are good with bling and that rocks in more ways than one. Enjoy.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume it was posted from the US to the UK. Could you tell me how much shipping was for the zircon? Was it FedEx Tracked? Because I'm getting widely different quotes from other PSers when I want to buy preloved stuff. One was almost $150, one was $50.

Don't know, sorry, as I paid for the stone with P&P included. It was shipped and tracked via USPS, and I paid for custom and duty charges in UK before it was released for delivery to me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree about not discussing bling purchases with mothers. In order to keep a peaceful and calm relationship things of that matter are often best left quiet if you kwim and I know you do. LOL we are always their little girls I guess and they always feel they know best.

As for being good you are good with bling and that rocks in more ways than one. Enjoy.

Indeed, as she would have a fit if she finds out (a) I have re-set her MRB into a bangle, and (b) I am getting a diamond tennis bracelet.

They will definitely be hidden from her, along with other blings!

There are many things she does not know about me besides my weakness with bling! What she does not know, she does not have to worry, that's my defence! :lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour & looks sizeable on your hand - it's going to be a stunning ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour & looks sizeable on your hand - it's going to be a stunning ring!

Thanks, it is a lovely stone, and I am pleased it is now mine, my 3rd blue Zircon, to add to the heart and oval that I already have.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

Hi, I shipped from US with US post (USPS) priority to UK...was $35 USD

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I have been an admirer of OECs for sometime, however I could not justify getting one in diamond.
When @CHRISTY-DANIELLE decided to sale this OEC blue Zircon, I jumped to the chance as I like Zircons, especially blue ones.

20200713_103047.jpg
20200713_102052.jpg

I'm so happy it arrived safely and that you like it! I am a huge blue zircon and OEC cut fan myself, and I think the two go beautifully together! Michelle (MVM) just cuts beautiful stones! I can't wait to see this set!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy it arrived safely and that you like it! I am a huge blue zircon and OEC cut fan myself, and I think the two go beautifully together! Michelle (MVM) just cuts beautiful stones! I can't wait to see this set!

I love OECs, and was fortunate to see the one that belonged to @mochiko42 when we met up in HK in 2015.

I may have to bug JW for an OEC or two in future!

I asked him if any of the Chrysoberyls he picked up from Tucson this year would be suitable for an OEC and he said no. :((

DK :Up_to_something:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting idea!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20200713_103047.jpg
20200713_102052.jpg

Ohhhh... That's very nice indeed :kiss2:. If/when we're able to have another gtg please bring it!! I love ogling a good zircon!!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That OEC cut zircon is gorgeous! It's going to make an amazing ring no matter how you set it :)

collier

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see it all come together! What a beautiful stone and I love that I&R setting

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the CAD for this ring, and believe it will be great with the blue Zircon bezel set in Rose Gold to bring out its colour (the colour of the Zircon is white in the CAD to emphasise the colour of the Rose Gold):

20201201_115209.jpg

No modification is required - they got it right first time!

DK :kiss2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168, beautiful - it’s a lovely setting! May I ask who is designing & setting it for you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168, beautiful - it’s a lovely setting! May I ask who is designing & setting it for you?

I found the inspiration ring either on Lang's Antique or Ivy and Rose on Etsy, can't remember exactly.

I made some design modifications of my own, like having the blue Zircon bezel set in Rose Gold, an air gap around Zircon, a wider plain comfort shank with no small paved diamonds at the top of the shank.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love this design!! Can't wait to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results