shape
carat
color
clarity

Odd Trillion Cut??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Genglish

Rough_Rock
Anyone seen a cut like this? If so, anything you can tell me about it?
wink2.gif

Document1.png

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Sorry to be dense here, but are you asking if the trillion cut is odd, or are you asking about something called an "odd trillion" cut?

I have definitely seen many beautiful trillion cut stones, but I am not certain I understand the question. Thanks!
take care,
-jackieblue

Genglish

Rough_Rock
Please allow me to clarify. I am inquiring on the cut of this trillion diamond specifically. The design is nothing I have ever seen before, and was wanting to find info about it. I am not asking about the "trillion" cut itself.

g

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Ok, now I know I *was* being dense. I didn't even notice your attachment. So sorry!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Genglish

Rough_Rock
I'm refering to the cut on the underside of the diamond, not the curved sides. Most trillions I have seen have straight cuts coming to a point. This one has mulitple different cuts, creating an odd "design" on the bottom...a three point star and such???

Gene

Rough_Rock
whoa, that one *is* pretty odd..

the brilliant-cut triangle shapes i've seen -- trilliants (henry meyer), trillions (leon finker), and trielle -- all come together into one point, exactly like you're saying (i attached a pic, to contrast with the one you found).. speaking of, where *did* you find that one?

sides being curved or straight, i think it's more of an american vs. belgian/israeli distinction, but anyway there's plenty of both kinds -- now, the stone you found, *that* i haven't seen before =)

trilliantlogo182.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That facet arrangement is not unusual at all...

Giangi
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results