clarity

October Healthy Living Thread

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday SS!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. One day down, 4 to go. My employee who has been on maternity leave for 6 weeks will be back tomorrow. Yippee! One of my other employees has to report for jury duty tomorrow but at least we’ll still be short only one person.

We blew out our sprinkler system tonight; we are expecting a freeze tonight. Winter is slowing coming back to our neck of the woods.

I finished another Janet Evanovich book last night and will start the next in the series tonight.

Appletine, good for you getting in so many exercise days this month. I haven’t been getting in many walks this month. I hope you are good store tomorrow.

Somethingshiny, Happy Birthday! Good luck with your new arm exercises.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy BIRTHDAY SS! And I bet you rock those arm exercises. You're gonna have Michelle O's arms soon! Fantastic!!!

Marcy, Sigh, James and I haven't had a date night in I don't know how long. Our anni is this coming Sunday, so maybe we'll do one. James went to the outlet mall and he bought all these new clothes, so he said we need to go out more so he can wear it all. I thought just us girls did that. ::)

Tonight reheating chili for dinner. I might just have a salad, I had a bunch of chili after getting home from work.

Question to the group, do you do a "snack" (or in my case, a meal) when you get home? What do you eat? I seem to be OK with eating healthy, but I eat a lot...

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, Marty has more clothes than I do. I don't think it is just a girl thing. I keep raw veggies in baggies and eat them while I am cooking supper. Marty is grazing the pantry then and it will keep me out of the more fattening food housed in there.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies! It’s technically my Monday since I took Monday off of work. So, this weekend was marathon weekend!
A little RR:
Sunday: Alarm goes off at 5:20a. It was easy for me to get up as I probably slept for oh, 2 hrs! Make coffee, choke down an egg, piece of toast with PB, and some water. Get dressed, wake DH up, and we’re out the door by 6:20ish. I eat a banana in the car, DH drops me off and I stand in the restroom lines. I cross the start line around 7:10a and I’m off!
Mile 1-6: Through the city; it was cold and I was just warming up.
Mile 6-15: Saw my DH with our friend who ran most of these miles with me! We ran through the parks in Denver; it was pretty and I was feeling good through this stretch.
Mile 16-20: These miles were in one park; it took forever as I ran the perimeter then ran inside the park. Oof. I hit mile 20 around 3:43.
Mile 20-22: Getting hot, but not terrible. Feeling a little pain in my hips.
Mile 23-26.2 (really 26.68): H-E-L-L. I was hot, pain in my L hip. I had to stop multiple times to stretch and walk. The course was sparse, not a lot of people, no shade and this was the longest 5k I’ve ever ran…
I saw my friend waiting for me around mile 25, yes! She pointed out the 26 mile sign and told me the finish was right around the corner. I picked it up and just wanted to be done.
Crossed the finish line in 4:59:30. It wasn’t my ideal time but I finished and I was happy about that!

Overall it was a wonderful experience and a lesson to anyone that you can do anything you want to do! Will I do another full marathon? Probably. I’m debating whether to sign up for the half of full for the CO Marathon in May.

Just a quick shout out to Lisa. It’s my anniversary this weekend too! A year flies by, doesn’t it!? We’ll probably go out to a nice dinner; something we haven’t done since we moved to Denver.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo and a big congratulations to Beach Runner for finishing such a long marathon. :appl: :appl: :appl: That is amazing. Dinner out to celebrate your anniversary sounds very fun.

Happy Anniversary to both Lisa and Beach Runner.

I am on such a sugar buzz I doubt I will sleep tonight. We got a big cookie for the girl who came back to work today. It was peanut butter with chocolate frosting. Yes, I had seconds because it was so darned delicious. :lickout: Bad Marcy. :devil: Good thing we don't have those around every day.

I am going to leave baked potatoes in oven tomorrow for supper and we'll cook steak on the grill.

Laters,
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anni, lliang!

Happy Anni, BR!

It seemed weird typing them together, like the two of you were married! :razz:

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS, good point - LOL! I hope you had a great birthday.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the Anni wishes. James and I have to postpone our cabin in the woods plans because I have a work trip. BUMMER! But hopefully this will mean that I'll have an easy Thanksgiving weekend because I'll have the back-up Bat Phone. So it's for a noble cause...

Beach, fantastic! Go you on your race!! You totally kicked my butt! I dunno who came up with the bright idea of making the latter half of a marathon in NO SHADE. The Chicago marathon was like that too. The Southside was BRUTAL!

Marcy, mmmmm... baked potatoes and steaks sound delicious! Hope winter will stay off a little bit longer. I'm not looking forward to it myself... :(sad

Ha ha, SS that's a funny comment! Well hope you had a great B-day. How are those arm exercises?

I haven't done squat since last Sunday in terms of working out. I'm starting to feel unhealthy, so the plan is to hit the gym tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Sis and I are trying to figure out how to get her into my gym with a decent joining package. Ugh, no dice. I like working o ut with her. She might wait till Jan to join if they have any specials.... I love my gym, but it sure is pricey...

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple race shots from my DH. He followed me around and got some great shots! Bless his heart; trying to maneuver his way around Denver with all the street closures for 26 miles.

Lisa- sorry your anni plans got nixed. boo. We still have to pick a restaurant and make reservations. I heard Chicago got pretty hot too; prob hotter than Denver did. oof!

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes!

Happy B-day SS! How's the LO doing btw?!

ad20101017_199_editededit20101017-1-rscropfb600.jpg

ad20101017_58_edited20101017-rscropfb600.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI gang:

It seems forever since I've posted! Glad everyone is keeping active and in health. :wavey:

I must admit since I've been working, my exercise time is diminished. As I have insomnia I don't exercise after dinner--it is too stimulating for me; so it is morning or nothing. So a lot of nothing. A little yoga.

I've cut back my hours working b/c I can (work is stressful), so now I am back to the gym and had a long run outside today. I have missed running against the lazy river and my bike is lonely. I really love exercising and miss it.

I've lost weight (109 lbs) but I feel well as always.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Sorry I’ve been absent. I’ve been reading a lot and we were out of town for a few days. Those Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich are totally cracking me up. I am on the 7th book.

We spent a few days in Denver. We had tickets to the Gorillaz concert there so we put in a bid on Priceline for a 4 star room in Denver for $150 a night. Someone accepted it for $159 so we were downtown Denver and were pretty close to the concert. Sunday afternoon we wandered around looking at the sights (mostly the diversity of people) of the big city. We ate dinner at the hotel then headed to the concert. We took a taxi to the theater which btw was my first taxi cab ride ever. The concert was marvelous but I couldn’t see much since everyone in front of me was tall. Rats. I had peaks of the stage through the crowd. We were actually pretty close to the front but the seating there was more flat than on a gradual incline. After the concert we didn’t see any taxi so we walked the 7 blocks back to the hotel. Now since I am a small town girl I was kind of worried about walking around that late but there were still quite a few people out walking. We slept in until 9 am the next morning and took a shuttle down to the Brown Palace. We had breakfast there a few years ago and thought it was divine so we wanted to try it again. It was still divine. Then we headed to the mall. We spent about 5 hours in the mall but mostly because Marty found a watch he wanted but he couldn’t decide if he wanted to spend that much money. I finally just said “get it”. We’d probably still be wandering the mall if I hadn’t told him to buy it. Next it will be my turn at the jewelry store. Sweet. Then we headed home stopping at an A&W to have a root beer float. When we came outside (about 7 pm) it was snowing and blowing like crazy. I urged Marty to drive 100 mph and get us home. The last concert we went to was in the spring of 2008 and we started out the next morning by eating breakfast at the Brown Palace. By the time we were done with breakfast there was 4 inches of snow on the ground already. An hour later and only about 30 miles out of town we were stranded in a complete whiteout blizzard. We used the nav system to find a hotel and stayed there waiting out the storm and got home the following evening. I swear he is never getting me to a concert again unless it is in June, July or August. Despite the snow scare we had a great weekend. I bought myself a new waffle maker, a fleece jacket with the faux Sherpa lining and some Christmas gifts.

Eating was HORRID but I hope all the walking we did helped counteract that. I never went grocery shopping last week so we’ve been picking up fast food for supper. Oh no! I hope to go out tomorrow night and get a few things.

Lisa, rats for missing out on your quite trip to the cabin but hopefully a quite Thanksgiving weekend will be just as nice. Winter did arrive here on Monday but now it’s just windy and chilly. We didn’t get much snow here but the mountains had up to a few feet. I hope the gym gave your sister a deal.

Beach Runner, great photos of you in the race.

Sharon, it is good to hear from you. Has winter started there yet? Yay for losing weight. I hope work is better for you this week.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:
Hi everyone. Sorry I’ve been absent. I’ve been reading a lot and we were out of town for a few days. Those Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich are totally cracking me up. I am on the 7th book.

We spent a few days in Denver. We had tickets to the Gorillaz concert there so we put in a bid on Priceline for a 4 star room in Denver for $150 a night. Someone accepted it for $159 so we were downtown Denver and were pretty close to the concert. Sunday afternoon we wandered around looking at the sights (mostly the diversity of people) of the big city. We ate dinner at the hotel then headed to the concert. We took a taxi to the theater which btw was my first taxi cab ride ever. The concert was marvelous but I couldn’t see much since everyone in front of me was tall. Rats. I had peaks of the stage through the crowd. We were actually pretty close to the front but the seating there was more flat than on a gradual incline. After the concert we didn’t see any taxi so we walked the 7 blocks back to the hotel. Now since I am a small town girl I was kind of worried about walking around that late but there were still quite a few people out walking. We slept in until 9 am the next morning and took a shuttle down to the Brown Palace. We had breakfast there a few years ago and thought it was divine so we wanted to try it again. It was still divine. Then we headed to the mall. We spent about 5 hours in the mall but mostly because Marty found a watch he wanted but he couldn’t decide if he wanted to spend that much money. I finally just said “get it”. We’d probably still be wandering the mall if I hadn’t told him to buy it. Next it will be my turn at the jewelry store. Sweet. Then we headed home stopping at an A&W to have a root beer float. When we came outside (about 7 pm) it was snowing and blowing like crazy. I urged Marty to drive 100 mph and get us home. The last concert we went to was in the spring of 2008 and we started out the next morning by eating breakfast at the Brown Palace. By the time we were done with breakfast there was 4 inches of snow on the ground already. An hour later and only about 30 miles out of town we were stranded in a complete whiteout blizzard. We used the nav system to find a hotel and stayed there waiting out the storm and got home the following evening. I swear he is never getting me to a concert again unless it is in June, July or August. Despite the snow scare we had a great weekend. I bought myself a new waffle maker, a fleece jacket with the faux Sherpa lining and some Christmas gifts.

Eating was HORRID but I hope all the walking we did helped counteract that. I never went grocery shopping last week so we’ve been picking up fast food for supper. Oh no! I hope to go out tomorrow night and get a few things.

Lisa, rats for missing out on your quite trip to the cabin but hopefully a quite Thanksgiving weekend will be just as nice. Winter did arrive here on Monday but now it’s just windy and chilly. We didn’t get much snow here but the mountains had up to a few feet. I hope the gym gave your sister a deal.

Beach Runner, great photos of you in the race.

Sharon, it is good to hear from you. Has winter started there yet? Yay for losing weight. I hope work is better for you this week.

Marcy

Marcy:

Winter--yes and no. It did snow last weekend, but the snow didn't hang around much. It is supposed to be 14C this weekend--we'll see as this week as been closer to 0 and -2. Brrrrrrr. All too early for me--since our summer was really absent!

Keep well ya'll!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results