shape
carat
color
clarity

"OCTET" 8-prong platinum head?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

I did a search for "Octet" and came up with nothing, so here goes...

By hook or by crook one of these days VERY soon, I WILL be the proud owner of a 1.5 RB stone set in an 18-K white gold semi-mount w/ 2.5 TCW princess and baguette side stones!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

My local jeweler will be setting the stone, and he has an octet "8 prong" plat head that he wants to use. Here is a link to what it looks like:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/elizabethcollections-store/ploc8ropeghe.html

What do you guys think of that? Do you recommend it over the standard 6-prong head?

BTW, if it works,
rolleyes.gif
here is a photo of the semi-mount if anyone would like a visual. (It's just a "stock" photo from the manufacturer's web site - not MY ring particularly) So, how do you think the Octet head would look? Any opinions/ pros or cons?
21.gif

Thanks in advance!
Lynn

sm177_big.jpeg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here's another photo of the octet head. My setting is nothing like this -- this is just to show a better view of the head.

Thanks!
Lynn

cathedral-with-octet-headw.jpeg

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lynn,
As you can tell from my fiancee's ring (thanks for the compliments by the way
9.gif
), I like the "octet" setting, as you call it, and think it would look great in your ring. I've never heard it called that before. When I got my fiancee's ring, I was told it's called a "split-prong" setting, and just recently, I've heard it called a "double prong" setting, but I think split-prong is the most well known.

p.s. Nice job with the pictures.
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Magnum,

HOW DID I MISS THAT in the photos?!!
eek.gif

I guess I was just so mesmerized by THAT BIG GORGEOUS DIAMOND that I saw little else!
1.gif

I love the look of those prongs! And I only called it an "octet" because that's what the website called it.
rolleyes.gif
1.gif
2.gif

Lynn

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is style #20998 in the Stuller findings catalogue. It is called the Octet because of the eight prongs.

Wink

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lynn,

I love the "octet" head and after taking another gander at Magnum's e-ring, I love it even more. It gives a round stone a very unique look. I think it would be very nice with the setting you have chosen! Can't wait to pics when you get it! You know pics are a requirement around here, the more the better!!!
9.gif

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
I really love the look of the split prong head. It gives the round diamond a cushion-y shape. ahhhhhh.....choices...choices... I think it's harder to choose the setting than the diamond sometimes.
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I agree, it does give the round stone a great look. I am getting pretty darn excited!
9.gif

Thanks again,
Lynn

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
img src="https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/4.gif">

eight to six.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!

How did you do that?!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww... THANKS, Ana!
xoxox!
2.gif

Lynn

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks
1.gif
... I think the ring is presented with a 1 carat stone, so it may look a tad different with yours
2.gif
Do you know what the width of teh band is? I am guessing about 10-11mm near the center stone - but it definitely looks like a hefty ring !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results