shape
carat
color
clarity

Octagonal bezel opinion

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Thanks Yennyfire (and DS + Gypsy) for your input regarding the octagonal bezel. I haven't heard from Caysie yet, but found a preloved octagonal bezel eternity 3 CTW made by Julia Barkan (JyB jewels on etsy) with MRB reportedly H/SI1 stones (haven't verified certification yet, just per seller).

here's the link:
https://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/reduced-3-carat-diamond-eternity-ring-in-octagonal-bezel

Has anyone worked with Julia Barkan? If so, what is your experience? Any opinions regarding size of this ring (~4.2mm wide, 2mm tall)? My e-ring tapers to 1.3mm in the band and the stone is ~6.35mm wide. The seller is willing to let me purchase and have a 3 day trial/return period, so that takes away some of my hesitation since I can look at it in person and return it.

Any/all input appreciated! Will also speak with Caysie to price out a smaller (~2-2.5mm) version with OECs. Thanks again, PS! :wavey:

Sherry

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think a 4.2mm band is going to overpower a 6.3mm diamond e-ring. I probably would aim for more like 3mm max. I also don't think that band would be great at 2mm. I have a Tiffany band at 2.2mm (straight diamonds with milgrain edges) and the diamonds are teeny-tiny. I would think 2.5-3mm would be better for the width with octagonal bezels with your size e-ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results